Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Treaty for Neutrals

NLF
    Originally posted by Necc

It is, however, a good question you pose. Where does the income go? There are other perks but monetary ones to the mining that much is sure. But I'd too like to know in who's pocket the creds go. And I'd like to see official facts on it, not opinions and hearsay. Because if the money goes to OT eventually, as been argued, then the conflict is a joke. If ot gets rich anyway, than there really is no point to the war. But as I said, I'd like to know for sure.
    Everyone who mines Notum is a sub-Contractor to Omni-Tek in a way, even the Clans. Surface notum mining is really minor compared to the larger deep mines solely run by Omni-Tek, Therefor they don't really mind leaving it in private organization's hands. The benifits from mining is the payment you get from Omni-Tek, they produce the contracts/benifits used in towers. ALL notum mined is processed by Omni-Tek, if you get benifits from mining you are giving more benifit to Omni-Tek.

However even though surface mining is of lower volume than deep mining it has a more imediate effect on the local environment. Local Notum deprivation is much more severe. Deep notum mining however is more damaging over the long haul. This is why the Nanomage Liberation Front can not sign onto this treaty. It may save a local area from temporary short term damage, but will in the end not slow down the eventual demise of the Nanomage people.

Aazamon

Till all are free!!!

Originally posted by Lady Kali

((I think you forget that the reason you lost is that you were trying to argue your opinions as facts, which Slicse repeatedly pointed out. Cemetarygate is doing the same thing you did in that thread- which is why I directed him there.))
    ((Did I studder? How can I LOSE, if I wasn't competing? We were two individuals having a discussion. We had differing opinions, and thats where it ended. If you, or Slicse, or Cemetery, or I refuse to see the truth, that is OUR perogative. You and Slicse believe one way, Cemetary & I believe another way. It doesn't mean any of us is wrong. ))

Originally posted by Tifanyx

((Did I studder? How can I LOSE, if I wasn't competing? We were two individuals having a discussion. We had differing opinions, and thats where it ended. If you, or Slicse, or Cemetery, or I refuse to see the truth, that is OUR perogative. You and Slicse believe one way, Cemetary & I believe another way. It doesn't mean any of us is wrong. ))
    ((You didn't "lose". It was an argument of opinions, not facts. Also, IC and OOC, I don't care what neutrals see themselves as. If they attack clanners, they are no longer neutral to me. Not that they are Omni, but they are not neutral. They can still call themselves neutral, but, in the eyes of those they attacked, they are no longer neutral. It would be the same if I was Omni and you attacked me. You wouldn't be neutral to me, no matter what superficial arguments you come up with. I know this analogy has been used before, but I'll use it again. If Switzerland had attacked Germany in World War Two, they would no longer be neutral to Germany and would be attacked just like any other enemy of Germany. They could no longer call themselves neutral if they attack one side over the other. Period.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC

((FC, please install Dynamic Faction. Make your actions count.))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Uwen

((You didn't "lose". It was an argument of opinions, not facts. Also, IC and OOC, I don't care what neutrals see themselves as. If they attack clanners, they are no longer neutral to me. Not that they are Omni, but they are not neutral. They can still call themselves neutral, but, in the eyes of those they attacked, they are no longer neutral. It would be the same if I was Omni and you attacked me. You wouldn't be neutral to me, no matter what superficial arguments you come up with. I know this analogy has been used before, but I'll use it again. If Switzerland had attacked Germany in World War Two, they would no longer be neutral to Germany and would be attacked just like any other enemy of Germany. They could no longer call themselves neutral if they attack one side over the other. Period.))
    ((Fine!

I'm still neutral though. Says so right here.

Still, it would be better if it said; Faction: None, instead. That is closer to the truth.))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Sniveling out of character alleging neuts are not such, which you did do a few post back, is indeed rudely trying to tell us how to play the game. Furthermore, if you talk like that to anyone ooc, anywhere, they are not going to be polite to you. This is a topic for a treaty to get hammered out for Pete's sake! If you're not interested in the treaty, what are you doing here if not to cause trouble?
    Note that I was responding to someones "retarded ears" comment. They too should listen to your advice.

Also, for the third time, no one is trying to tell you how to play the game. You are misinterpreting what is being said.

Your definition of the omni/clan conflict is your view.
    Not my view. Those are taken directly from the game manural, probably the only guide anyone has as to what the conflict is about. As stated before, I have even quoted them word for word so you can read them and see yourself.

My problem is that you’re trying to certify that by neutrals mining notum:
    Again, please listen. Not talking about mining itself, that's not the conflict. The conflict is the income which is clearly stated in the game manual.

Funcom lets neuts mine and PVP without having to forgo their neutral alignment (which you agree is the case). That’s the way the game works, and it contradicts these opinions you are trying to force neuts to swallow as verity. If mining meant you couldn’t be neutral, the game designers wouldn’t have permitted it.
    Again, this is not about mining.

Then why imply that if neuts participate in Notum Wars (which is PVP based) they are seeking the conflict? You contradict yourself again.
    Again, this is not about PvP.

As far as I know no one gets money in game from mining, the income from towers is purely RP. The real tangible income is from the individual player’s efforts, which has no regard to the conflict. If you are talking about a competition between Omni and Clan to become wealthier than the other, that’s another tangent I am not interested in getting sucked into.
    From an RP perspective we can say the the credits are in turn exchanged for organizational advantages, which all organizations are bound to do so by contract with Omni-Tek. At least, this is the only RP solution I could create as to why we don't actually see credits for the end result. If anyone has a better solution, I'm more than willing to adopt that view.

Again, the credits, being exchanged for the advantages, are the clan/Omni conflict.

Never said I was perfect, but you can drop the sarcasm. Feel free to think anyway way you please, but I would watch yourself when you decide to preach “what constitutes a neutral” like you were on the FC dev team or something. Neutral players don’t take it lightly, neither would you if we outlined how Omni and Clan players should play the game.
    Again, I'm not defining what is a neutral. I've outlined what are the conflicts as noted by the game manual and how neutrals are being involved in those conflicts. Again, that's not to say how to play the game, nor does it state what a neutral is, only that neutrals will be treated differently by involving themselves in those conflicts.

I apologize for the sarcastic remarks and do ask you drop your sarcasm as well in furture posts.

The Role of the Neutrals by Gaute Godager

We're seeing a growing collective consciousness among the neutrals. They are a growing force, becoming more and more a united faction rather than a collection of individuals.

Actually, feedback on all neutral issues is encouraged, and hopefully some of you want to contribute with ideas and suggestions about how the neutrals can play a greater role in the conflict and participate in shaping the future of Rubi-Ka. If neutral players want to role-play as true neutrals, there must be an emphasis on negotiation and diplomacy, and a willingness to service both the Clans and Omni-Tek.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Viray

The Role of Neutrals by Gaute Godager

((OOC: Great Job Viray! Lets see how the Neutrals try to "spin" this one.))

I recently watched the downloadable clip from E3 that was a SL preview.

Dynamic faction is in. I could not be happier.

OT, clan, and nets aloke will have to be more cognizant of who they kill from now on!

Every one will truly have to pick a side.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Seeing as his has spun wildly of the topic, ill just say:

I would much rather be Side: none than neutral atm, becasue if neutral means we can not attack or defend then it cuts the games enjoyment, And already the neutrals are hated more then either side when we hit a tower, even if we were to hit one clan and one omni

The way i see it is Neutrals will never be the true defanition, we will always be liek a 3rd side, an underdog and much more limited, but a 3rd side none the less

Any neutral who said that thay are a true neutral, well, to be honest unless u dont pvp anyone then your not, even if you kill one clan, one omni ect, it still makes you a 3rd side

And if we just attacked clan, it would not make us omni, just a 3rd side

((as for shadowlands, woo hoo! should be fun))

Thats a good way of putting it. Neutrals really are a third side if they get involved.

If you start killing clanners, for whatever reason, and you are neutral, you cannot sputter and spew all you want saying you are still neutral to the clan/omni conflict, but it won't matter, because it will just be you fooling yourself. You can tell yourself you've started a seperate war, but that won't matter to your enemy. An enemy is an enemy. A rose by any other name smells as sweet and s*** by any other name still stinks. You start killing clanners and you're involved, whether you like it or not. And I would expect other clanners to assist any clan attacked by anyone for really any reason. Don't tell me you're at war with one or two clans. You attack a clanner and you are, rightfully so, at war with the Clans, however disorganised some claim us to be.

((OOC/

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Dynamic faction is in. I could not be happier.

Absolutely fantastic have wanted this for so long...finally we can sort this all out properly just a pity you wont be able to "sense" what there true soul is like on the RK side of things.

*couldn't be happier about the solution to all this BS*.

/OOC))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

You attack a clanner and you are, rightfully so, at war with the Clans, however disorganised some claim us to be.
    So when a clanner shoots a clanner guard, one of the Tir Sentinels for instance, does that make him or her... neutral?
    Last edited by Savoy; May 16th, 2003 at 21:28:17.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy
    So when a clanner shoots a clanner gaurd, one of the Tir Sentinels for instance, does that make him or her... neutral?
    Nope, a hero.
    God is a bullet.

Ive been entirely too busy to reply to the stuff in this thread, but I have to point this out.

Originally posted by Evalissa
    Any neutral who said that thay are a true neutral, well, to be honest unless u dont pvp anyone then your not, even if you kill one clan, one omni ect, it still makes you a 3rd side

And if we just attacked clan, it would not make us omni, just a 3rd side

((as for shadowlands, woo hoo! should be fun)) [/B]
    This is what I'm talking about when I say most of the neutrals in the game don't even know what neutral means.

Let me ask you this, if attacking a sided player makes you a third side, you're a third side in WHAT?

Second, "we" and "us" refers to who? All the neutral people? Sorry, but if a group of neutrals want to kill omnis or clans and call themselves a third side, go for it, but their actions do not represent the rest of the entire neutral population.

Originally posted by Savoy

So when a clanner shoots a clanner gaurd, one of the Tir Sentinels for instance, does that make him or her... neutral?

If I shot a Sentinel, but don't consider them clanners from my viewpoint, would I be at war with the clans as a whole? No. And I certainly wouldn't be a neutral. It shouldn't/wouldn't be a strike for OmniTek, not by any stretch of the imagination, simply because the majority of vocal clanners are against the Sentinels. Perhaps there would need to be two clanner "factions", at the very least, representing those that oppose and those that are in favour of the Sentinels.

However, I know that if OmniTek tried to remove the Sentinels by force, I would help defend Tir because the Sentinels are our problem and we deal with them. I know other anti-Sentinel clanners that would do the same. So if someone who is not a clanner attacks a clanner, they would/should be at war with all the clanners. If a clanner attacked another clanner, it would be different and more civil-war-ish.

((Also, if an Omni attacked an Omni, he should get clan faction and anti-Omni faction. However, clans attacking other clans would not necessarily make them pro-Omni as we are supposed to have some elements of civil war I believe. It will be interesting to see how they implement the faction system and I hope it isn't too basic (i.e. a clanner attacks a clanner and gets Omni faction) because its not a basic world. And I agree with the idea that they should have had the "Omni" faction and then something that meant "everyone else", although I suppose that might make the faction system harder to implement. Finally, I think that this will most greatly benefit people in showing who the truly neutral neutrals are, as opposed to "truly clanner clanners" and "truly Omni Omnis" as that will be harder to do than from a neutral point of view.))

If I shot a Sentinel, but don't consider them clanners from my viewpoint, would I be at war with the clans as a whole?

OHHH, so when YOU attack a clanner you're not at war with all the clans because you're not "viewing" them as clan, but when a neutral player attacks a clanner they're automatically at war with all the clans whether they're "viewing" the clanner as clan or not?

nice logic.

All the wars on Rubi-Ka are civil wars, unless your fighting ICC, SOL Banking, etc. Look at the timeline if you don't belive me.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Slicse

OHHH, so when YOU attack a clanner you're not at war with all the clans because you're not "viewing" them as clan, but when a neutral player attacks a clanner they're automatically at war with all the clans whether they're "viewing" the clanner as clan or not?

nice logic.
    Thats not my point. My point is that Iw ould not be at war with the clans as a whole because the people that agree with me would not be at war with me. However, when a common enemy attacks the clans, I would expect us to put aside our differences for the time being and fight back. Maybe I worded it poorly, but you didn't get the point at all.

And I'm talking about inter-factional civil war Glar

Thats not my point. My point is that Iw ould not be at war with the clans as a whole because the people that agree with me would not be at war with me. However, when a common enemy attacks the clans, I would expect us to put aside our differences for the time being and fight back. Maybe I worded it poorly, but you didn't get the point at all.

And I'm talking about inter-factional civil war Glar
    No, I got your point, It's the same point you've been trying to work with for 2 threads now, and I already told you its all opinionated, inaccurate, and prejudiced clutter, and i told you exactly why as well.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast