Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Treaty for Neutrals

Originally posted by *Cosmik*
    In fact, High Commander Fisk has made one of the better moves in the history of Tir - ensuring Tir is left to the clans, and the clans alone, to enjoy as they wish.
    as long as they don't wish to have their neutral best friend over for dinner and a walk through the city afterwards.

Tir is a travesty of mud and dung construction, the goat heads can have it to themselves and their dust brigaide underlings.

I fail to see how one clan installing a new Administrator to deal with the anarchy that befell Tir after the Council of Truth packed up and left is classified as oppression. A renewal of strength was needed in Tir after the Council of Truth fled to ensure that no basic facilities were ignored and the protection of Tir was maintained. I fail to see one single mistake or bad move High Commander Fisk has made that as impacted upon the freedom on the citizens of Tir. Everyone is free to come and go as they wish, say what they wish, live as they wish.

In fact, High Commander Fisk has made one of the better moves in the history of Tir - ensuring Tir is left to the clans, and the clans alone, to enjoy as they wish.

Whats funny is, the council of truth was never seen leaving the premises of their building were they? Hmmm why? Oh, perhaps because Silverstone and Fisk had their goat head people slaughter the council of truth, because they weren't getting what they wanted? Wonder about the mess Silverstone talks about in regards to the councils building, and redecorating? Oh I'm pretty sure its probably the bloody remains of the Council of Truth members.

*Queue's ancient earth music cd in his collection*
    "The truth is out there."
    Last edited by Sepulcher; May 14th, 2003 at 18:37:10.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

The problem with Tir is that Silverstone acted for his best interests. He wasn't bothered about the Clans, he was just acting for himself. So he decided to take Tir for himself. That isn't an act of democratic freedom. That is an enforced dictatorship as he used the gun to over turn the elected council. If the people don't agree with the council they vote to change things. Voting is not done with a gun!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The problem with Tir, is that clanners cant read, so they see no need to use street or shop signs in 90% of the city...And have you never heard of City Planning? Every turn is annother dead end. Rats in a maze.

And the whole place stinks like Atrox armpit and bologna juice.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Here's the problem. Nobody sees the Clans as the 'good guys'. They were completely under their own jurisdiction up north and still weren't happy. They had a council of illuminati and all around respectful people. They brokered a peace and were given free reign over half the terraformed region of the planet.

Some jackasses chased their own leadership out for not starting another war with omni-tek, a vicious warlord siezes control of a city, the general populace runs around killing people of all ilks .... it's just ridiculous that anyone could think of the Clans as the de facto 'good guys'. More like powermongers.

I got a real problem with anyone who espouses Freedom and then tries to force it on unwilling parties. Fighting for your own freedom is one thing. The Clans and the CoT did that and I have to congratulate them. ((But, just as I have serious reservations with the United States running all over the globe trying to stick our liberty in their country, I got a problem with anyone who will try to defend the actions of the Clans in this game.)) Tir is a travesty. Shooting Neutrals representing 'freedom' has got to be the biggest bunch of bs I've heard in weeks.

((As for the Neutrals 'expecting' anything in this game, you just don't get it. None of them are asking for Token boards or any sort of crutch like that. What is pissing us off to no end is the artificial nonsense that the guys in FunCom are dumping on us what comes out of an elephant's butt. We understand that the dev's don't want Omni's killing their own Juggernauts for the armor and submachine gun and as such have to put tags on the items to prevent Omni from wearing them. What's rightfully got so many of us depressed is that while a Clanner may wear the armor or wield the gun a Neutral cannot. We're prevented from enjoying game content. We're not talking IC politics here. We're talking about our 13 bucks a month. Real life enjoyment of the game. When we hear the tired, old, battered, threadbare, rhetoric of 'pick a side', it makes our blood boil. We actually have chosen our path. No, it doesn't include a token board or a side XP bonus. But, god damnit, it ought not to be full of insults from the game developers. You don't want Omni wearing stuff that falls off Omni MOB's, then that's understandable. But, for crying out loud, will you all learn that you can put 'Side Not == Omni' on an item so that EVERYONE who is 'not Omni' can enjoy the game.

It's about 'content' and contentment. Most of us would shut up if our 13 dollars were respected by the person we are sending it to. We have no delusions of grandeur. None of us. But, as this thread shows, we just want to be measured at face value. My characters show more respect, dignity, skill, and thought than quite a few 'sided' characters in this game at their level. They add to the game as a whole rather than detracting from other people's enjoyment. Yet, they must have their hands tied behind their backs not because of anything that makes sense in terms of the game's backstory, but because of some guy in Norway.

That last sentance is the biggest issue for a tonne of Neutrals. Take away the token boards. Leave us with .02% XP bonus. But, let Rubi'Ka poop on us if need be ... not FunCom. We're getting tired of fighting the developers instead of the game.))

Originally posted by Aristaeus
    What fence, there is no fence. There is only a disagremeent between two groups over who should own Rubi-Ka. I don't care who owns Rubi-Ka. I do care that there are two parties fighting to determine who own it. That creates work for mercenary outfits like the one I am part of.
    It is just a problem of misguided people like you that the moment I take a payment from omni/clan for a job to neutralize a clan/omni target our outfit gets branded omni/clan.
    The conflict is is not just a fight for "who should own Rubi-Ka" but a fight for who shall govern Rubi-Ka as well as mining rights throughout Rubi-Ka. While this treaty doesn't specifiy any such desire to govern Rubi-Ka, the treaty certainly does express interest in mining rights within certain territories.

The problem, neutrals will not accept that taking part in the desire for notum mining rights does involve them in the conflict.

Neutrals, some not all, are more invovled in the conflict than they realize and is why many keep telling them to get off the fence.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    The problem, neutrals will not accept that taking part in the desire for notum mining rights does involve them in the conflict.
    they won't accept it because it isn't accurate.

*looks down, sighs, and listens intently...*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

((It seems every thread of late degenerates into the old neut debate. It really truly saddens me. I should probably stop reading the forum as it gets me thinking of leaving the mess each time I read about it.

Why is it so goddamn important for sided people(mostly clan it seems) what a neutral is? Have you nothing better to do than to jump down our throats and tell us in what way we are supposed to act? I would have thought your conflict with each other would take so much time as to not let you have a moment to bother us with this. But maybe that's because there really is NO conflict. The only thing there is are patches of land changing hands with no value what so ever except a few bonuses in tradeskilling and PvM. It's not like it's of any lasting value.

With that in mind. Maybe this is why you are all so threatened by us neutrals. You have nothing really worthwhile to do, so you have to turn to us telling us 'You guys are playing this game the wrong way'. Bah humbug! If being neutral was exploiting of the game mechanics then I'd be playing the game wrong. But until then I play it the way I damn well choose. You may tell me my way is wrong until you are blue in the face, but that wont make me change. In fact, such antics remind me of high school, and all the bullying that was going on there. The question stands; Why is this bothering you that much?))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

((OOC: When did this turn into an OOC rant about how FC handles neutrals? I'm pretty sure the posts about what neutrals should be doing or whatever are all in character posts by regular players. I dunno, maybe I missed something.))
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

((Don't know. But Necc is right, whenever neutrals do, or try do to anything, some of the sided ones like to jump in (like clockwork) with the "pick a side" or "you don't fit *my* definition of neut" rhetoric. And of course Neuts being strong willed and independent we simply don't stand for it, and time and time again correct their erroneous babble, often upon deaf and retarded ears. It all leads to this kind of argument, unfortunately, every time. I couldn't even start a suggestion thead I had in the past (asking FC for a neutral OOC channel and a neutral PVP arena) without it being hijacked by a 16 year old who would NOT shut up with the old, brainless "pick a side" trite. That topic ended up being locked by the moderators thanks to that trouble maker, and unfortunately it meant some good suggestions probably weren't seen by those who read the boards. Perhaps I should give them a taste of their own medicine sometime. Mayabe I'll find some posts by Omni or Clan players and hijack their thread with neutral propaganda.))
    Last edited by Lady Kali; May 15th, 2003 at 14:51:43.

Originally posted by Lady Kali
    ((Don't know. But Necc is right, whenever neutrals do, or try do to anything, some of the sided ones like to jump in (like clockwork) with the "pick a side" or "you don't fit *my* definition of neut" rhetoric. And of course Neuts being strong willed and independent we simply don't stand for it, and time and time again correct their erroneous babble, often upon deaf and retarded ears. It all leads to this kind of argument, unfortunately, every time.))
    (( That's because half of the neutrals keep getting invovled in the clan/Omni-Tek conflict and screaming at the top of their lungs that they are not invovled in the conflict. C'mon, do you really take us for idiots that we don't know what neutral means? We can read the dictionary and know very well you're anything but neutral with half the crap you pull. ))

((once again you prove Necc's point. You are the ones who come out accusing, we only correct you. Again and again and again. IF you want to come back for more don't point the finger at us.))
    Last edited by Lady Kali; May 15th, 2003 at 14:55:51.

(( We didn't ask you to get invovled in the conflict, you took that upon yourselves. So who's to blame? ))

((Your black & white mentality is to blame. For the millionth time, I couldn't care less about your omni/clan war, neither does ANY neutral player walking the planet. If I did, I would fill out an application. How about you start accepting relaity for what it is? Ok? Can you get that part through your skull and quit hijacking this thread?))

(edit, typos)
    Last edited by Lady Kali; May 15th, 2003 at 15:16:17.

(( Great, we're one step closer to solving the problem. You don't care about the conflict. That's wonderful. I've understood that for as long as I can remember. But, not caring about the conflict and being invovled in the conflict are two different concepts (and you say we see things black and white). Perhaps you're not caring about the conflict is what keeps you from seeing you're invovled. Who knows?

Regardless, at least take the steps to learn about our conflict before you say you're not invovled.

I've written a thread stating exactly what clans are fighting for using information taken from the original game manual (one such post quoting the game manual word for word). The original game manual gave everyone insight what the clan/Omni-Tek fight is all about. Some neutrals do more of what clans are fighting for than some clans do, and they say they don't care or are not invovled. How odd is that?

Back to the point. Learn what the fight is about and the difference between not caring and being invovled before you jump down our throats for asking you to stay out of our conflict. ))

neutral
    /"nju:tr()l/ adjective 1 supporting neither of two opposing sides; impartial. 2 vague, indeterminate.

The second you go into a PvP zone and fire your weapon on either an Omni or a Clan member, you are no longer impartial in the conflict. You either 1) support Omni-Tek, 2) support the Clans, or 3) have become your own side in the conflict, and thus are no longer neutral. Truly 'neutral' people do not take up arms and go to war with anybody.
    Proud member of Chimera.

Chimera - long live the fighters.

Originally posted by Rejkavik
    neutral
    /"nju:tr()l/ adjective 1 supporting neither of two opposing sides; impartial. 2 vague, indeterminate.

The second you go into a PvP zone and fire your weapon on either an Omni or a Clan member, you are no longer impartial in the conflict. You either 1) support Omni-Tek, 2) support the Clans, or 3) have become your own side in the conflict, and thus are no longer neutral. Truly 'neutral' people do not take up arms and go to war with anybody.
    So what happens when a Clanner is shooting at a Neutral and is trying to take his property? Is the Neutral supposed to sit and die? According to you, he's not allowed to shoot back.

And then when he tries to get his property back?

On second thought, this isn't even worth it. Not really sure where half you people came from. But, this is not fun anymore ...

((Those were IC comments. I'm not trying to 'hijack' the thread. But I think taking back all the land in Newland would go beyond 'taking back your property'... seeing as it'd take a well organized force to defeat all the clan/omni bases. There's a lot of grey areas in the matter, for sure. Fact is, anybody can argue that Neutrals are no longer truly 'neutral' if they own mining towers. but on the flipside a neutral could argue it's their right to own land... so it basically boils down to your opinion.))
    Proud member of Chimera.

Chimera - long live the fighters.

((Cemetarygate, read the following thead (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=124982), your biased view is identical to the ones that have been defeated numerous times, in several posts covered by Slice. I have a lot to say but it has already been said.))

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast