Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Where Do the Clans Stand?

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

That statement is incorrect. The majority of the clans feel Rubi-Ka should be under control of a democratically elected offical. Doesn't matter if that person is clan, neutral or Omni, so long as they are democratically chosen.
    Of the very few things I agree with you on Cem, This is one of them. Most people dont seem to understand the concept of elected officials. People like to yell at me because they think I want to lead the Clans, when all I want is to start a Democracy. I do NOT want to lead it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Marlamin

Hah so you say. Shame Storm is the Ruler of the Clans nay? To me you are all nothing but brutal savages who has gone back to being primates nothing else.

This attack demonstrated well how arrogant foolish and yes pathetic excuse for 'civilized' beings the Clans of Rubi-Ka are. Storm is the Clans, Storm is the spirit of the Clans. You my friend is nothing but a blind puppet.

But as said, All this matters little as there will soon be a day of reckoning a cleansing of our beloved corporation. It will rise from its very own ashes as the phoenix once did.. To be restored to its former glory and to scorch all in its path. Women, children no one will be spared from the complete flame of Justice wich Omni-Tek is.

- Confession and True Belief by any means.

- Commander Marlamin of the Chimera War Council
    Marlamin, Storm is not the leader of the Clans. I dont know where you get that twisted misconception. But beleive me it is not true.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Of the very few things I agree with you on Cem, This is one of them. Most people dont seem to understand the concept of elected officials. People like to yell at me because they think I want to lead the Clans, when all I want is to start a Democracy. I do NOT want to lead it.
    Fixerben, in regard to your leadership statement. You were beginning to use the word "I" too much when speaking of democracy. This prompted me to question your motives in who you wanted to lead Rubi-Ka.

To everyone, we are not trying to trade one dictatorship (that being Omni-Tek) for another. That is something most Omni-Tek employees feel we are attempting to do, and is something they need understand we are not trying to do.

To everyone, we are not trying to trade one dictatorship (that being Omni-Tek) for another. That is something most Omni-Tek employees feel we are attempting to do, and is something they need understand we are not trying to do.
    Which is why the Sent-.... ah hell, I'll just agree with you on this and not get into it
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Savoy
    Ingrid,

The cause of freedom you say? The way I see it Clans have had their freedom for decades. Or rather, Clans have had their independence for decades. If you reckon this independence did not translate into freedom, that's something you should take up with your leaders. No good blaming OT for how you run your own affairs in Tir or Athen.
    The recent attack on Tir by Omni-AF troops aught to show you just why we don't consider ourselves "free", at least with regards to OT. The minute we lower our guns and start going about our business like normal civillian citizens of any other civilized world (or for that matter, like a civilian resident of an Omni-Tek city), Omni sends the friggin' army in to take our cities and our freedom away from us. The only reason we have freedom, or anything resembling it, is because of our constant vigilance against Omni-Tek. Storm wiped out a meeting of OT officials called by the leader of a known terrorist faction. Like I said, I sympathize with those who were there to keep the extremists in check, providing of course that you're telling the truth when you say that is why certain people were there. Omni-AF tried to take one of our cities. What do you have to say about that? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to be "vocal" about it, or is Marlamin the only OT employee willing to even acknowledge the attack?

Without an official truce with Omni-Tek, recognized and enforced by the ICC, any "freedom" the clans win is conditional upon our constant opposition to Omni-Tek. Pick your poison, because we can play this game either way.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

I still think you are mistaking security for freedom. Otherwise, by the same token you could say that everytime OT is hit by a clan raid, Omni citizen's freedoms are threatened.

As for the attack on Tir, it is utterly deplorable. An attack on a civillian centre is barabaric. Towns contain children and the elderly who cannot benefit from scanning technology.

I don't know the details of it, both the press and OT leaders channel have been pretty quiet about it. How bad was this attack and are you in need of humanitarian aid? The SRS has no army, but we do have some experience in aid work.

Savoy
    Last edited by Savoy; May 18th, 2003 at 01:59:29.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I'd suggest you not to assist theese animals in any ways Savoy. After all another attack can occur any moment and we wouldnt want you or any other Omni "citizen" cought in the crossfire now would we?
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Threatening another employee.
    Holding a meeting with topics that you didn't think OmniPrime should know about.
    Openly insulting OmniTek's leadership and claiming you fight for "the employees"

I'm surprised InternOps hasn't paid you a visit.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Savoy
    I still think you are mistaking security for freedom. Otherwise, by the same token you could say that everytime OT is hit by a clan raid, Omni citizen's freedoms are threatened.

As for the attack on Tir, it is utterly deplorable. An attack on a civillian centre is barabaric. Towns contain children and the elderly who cannot benefit from scanning technology.

I don't know the details of it, both the press and OT leaders channel have been pretty quiet about it. How bad was this attack and are you in need of humanitarian aid? The SRS has no army, but we do have some experience in aid work.

Savoy
    Security, freedom... whichever. It is what it is, all we're really doing by talking about it in this way is playing word games. Fortunately the clan forces were able to repel the Omni-AF troops, thanks largely (loathe as I am to say it) to Silverstone and the Sentinels. We didn't claw our way out of the mines by relying on outsiders to come save our bacon, but the offer is appreciated nonetheless.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Marlamin
    I'd suggest you not to assist theese animals in any ways Savoy. After all another attack can occur any moment and we wouldnt want you or any other Omni "citizen" cought in the crossfire now would we?
    Which translated roughly, means "We could invite you to another secret meeting in a political zone and announce it to everyone and his dog so that some pissed off psychos can come kill us, then blame it on the clans!" Brilliant, Marlamin. Simply brilliant.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Fixerben, in regard to your leadership statement. You were beginning to use the word "I" too much when speaking of democracy. This prompted me to question your motives in who you wanted to lead Rubi-Ka.

People were accusing me of wanting to rule the Clans before all the "I" started. All the "I"s were a side affect of people accusing me, and defending myself. But trust me, it would be a huge job to lead a democracy, and I dont think I could ever do it.

((I wouldnt have the game time to dedicate to the Clans anyways. I have a hard enough time keeping Arion in check. That would be an awesome opportunity though.))

must apologize for landing in the middle of this discussion. It's not often that Jobeans let themselves get entangled in political skirmishes of land-dwellers, but I feel need to comment.

The question, or atleast the original question is, where do the Clans stand? It is hard for me to say, as Jobeans are oft to do I can only see things from a distance, and I do not have the capability to analyze this situation with the close scrutiny of one who actually lives in Clan territory - but it seems to be there is a large number of Clansmen who draw upon weapons in lieu of tools. As I see it, the glory of the Clans came from building cities, not from trying to find ones to tear down; but as of now, with a significant number of the Clans under the spell of Simon Silverstone, how do the Clans define themselves? Are they the builders of Tir - those who sought peace and prosperity by laying foundations, or are the Clans defined by their hatred of the Corporation, by attempting to find serenity and security by laying waste? I, for one, cannot answer this question - I can only view to collective wake resulting from it.

There is a reason why I did not attend the meeting. I for one know that my words, as my people and I are seen as outsiders even to fellow 'employees' (we use this word in great hesistance when refering ourselves to the Corporation), would break like waves against rocks in regard to such extreme groups as Chimera and the like. I applaud all that put their lives on the line to voice their opposition to the warmongers, and I wish that Clan bullets were a bit more discriminate in who they hit, as those of you who fight for peace deserve praise, not gunfire. As for Chimera, and those of akin idealogy, I have this to say: there's an old saying - "you reap what you sow". If the annihilation of the clans is what you desire, do not be surprised if your actions breed similar thoughts regarding OT employees in the minds of the clans. Do not disturb the hornets' nest and cry when you get stung.

As I look down on Rubi-Ka tonight, I must ask "what if the land-dwellers took all their energies, time, money and resources from trying to kill each other in a futily endless conflict, and decided to construct a city together?" I cannot help but imagine that it would place the Great City of Jobe in its shadow...

Where to stand?

I have given this issue much thought, and by careful deliberation, I believe I have come up with a satisfactory answer. The question is where do the Clans stand. I and other Clanners should endeavor at all times to stand downwind from our Omni friends so as not to offend their delicate sensibilities. Unless it's Chimera, in which case we don't care.

((a little humor to lighten the mood ))
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Durandal, That was quite profound, but you arent the first intelligent Omni I have met. As for your words to Chimera, they do make a lot of sense. And as for the Clan warmongers, I will remind you who it was that attacked my guild first, and laid waste to my base last night. Members of Arion do not attack other guilds unless provoked, we dont like to make enemies. But as for Omni-Tek actions of late and how I choose to relate them, my policy will change.

There has been a lot of good replies and ideas - as well as a lot of good philosophical and ideological discussions. Durandal's reply was particularly catching due to his poetic idealism, and the deep truth in his words. Marlamin again showed he's incapable of understanding the value of life, and uses all his time to repeat his zealous religious destructive philosophy. - What all here needs to understand, and what is my general perspective that most DO indeed understand, is that the majority of Clans, neutrals, and Omni-Tek departments is interested in ending the war, and finally comitting to a truce. Larger organizations on both sides might not agree, but they are only stronger in numbers and force due to the general inability to stick together on all sides. Maybe departments like Durandal's, as he said, are small and insignificant in the big picture, but along with 20-30 other guilds of the same size, they make out a stunning majority. But those 20-30 guilds need to agree on putting their heads together, and work towards a common goal, before they can be defined as a unity - but then they will be a unity to be respected.

Our main problem in the peace process as of yet, is the large destructive Clans and departments, whose influence it is hard to shake. Even the peaceful ones remember the attacks on their mining operations, and how they were protected by the larger ones, and their propaganda to join their cause against the opposing side is still ringing in our ears. The insults, the pain, the loss - it's hard to look away from. But then again we must, if there's to be any hope of a peaceful resolve. Ever.

To get on with the initiative, and to finally get one step forward instead of two step backwards, it is necessary for the peaceful Clans, departments, and organizations on all sides to meet on common grounds - to finally put aside our differences for an hour or two, and try to build something, instead of tearing it down. Let me be the first to put down my weapon, and stretch out a hand to whomever wants to take it, and lets try to settle these problems without the means of violence. I have done this before, under the initiative of Kithrak's Diplomatic Assembly, and I will do it again -

- and Marlamin, no matter what you have to say to this, it only proves me right.

But I won't be hypocritical - those that are aggressive, I will still attack when given the possibility. As an Omni-Tek officer, it is both my duty, and also my contract as hired by Omni-Admin, it is my duty to keep our areas safe from those that intend to break the interests of Omni-Tek, disloyals, murderers, and any other who falls under similar categories. I am working for a peaceful resolve with those who seek peace, but those who seek nothing but battle and death, I will fight with all my strength - hopefully for the benefit of all.

For crying out loud, let's stop the endless "he hit my teddybear" attitude, and join forces against those that try to destroy the stability of the planet, no matter which side they are on - The warmongers have many times proven that they seek no peace, and therefore they are an enemy to anybody who wishes to see this war ended for the benefit of all. If we must fight, then let us at least fight together, against a common enemy.

On a different note, I have stepped down from precidency in Black Sun for the time being - I assure all that it's simply a temporary measure, and I still retain all alliance contacts and act as the public face of the guild, along with the new president of the department, Hawkbane. Any and all interested in a peaceful solution, are welcome to contact me, or if others are already taking steps towards peaceful measures of concluding the war, I would be very interested in talking with you.

Take care all

~Zionai

Originally posted by Ariekel
    The recent attack on Tir by Omni-AF troops aught to show you just why we don't consider ourselves "free", at least with regards to OT. The minute we lower our guns and start going about our business like normal civillian citizens of any other civilized world (or for that matter, like a civilian resident of an Omni-Tek city), Omni sends the friggin' army in to take our cities and our freedom away from us.
    Was there more than one Omni-AF incident in Tir?

The Omni-AF troops I witnessed in Tir were there not to attack and take over Tir, but find an Omni scientist. The Sentinel guards responded to the Omni-AF presence by opening fire. The Omni-AF forces removed the first wave of Sentinel guards. Ultimatly, the Omni-AF forces were removed by Silverstone and his guards.

Was there more than one Omni-AF incident in Tir?

The Omni-AF troops I witnessed in Tir were there not to attack and take over Tir, but find an Omni scientist. The Sentinel guards responded to the Omni-AF presence by opening fire. The Omni-AF forces removed the first wave of Sentinel guards. Ultimatly, the Omni-AF forces were removed by Silverstone and his guards.
    The reports I heard were that Omni-AF had entered and attacked Tir. Not that I'm any lover of the Sentinels, but it really isn't reasonable for Omni to expect to be able to send their army into a clan city unannounced and not be attacked. The same would have happened in Athen, and it would have been justified. You don't send a millitary force into a situation like that unless you intend to use them.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456