Thread: Witnessed why the story line combined with PvP is dumb

Witnessed why the story line combined with PvP is dumb

Today in Tir Arena.

A few high lvl Omni sitting on top of the building where you can just step in and out of suppression and all the clan standing in and around the arena.

If you want any type of "war" like the story line indicates you have to open up the zones to 25%. It is useless and stupid when omni can enter clan cities and not be attacked by other players. Vice versa as well.

Where is the Anarchy and the PvP? Other than everyone standing around the suppression lines waiting to try to gank one and another.

I would be up for all cities 25%. Any zone with lvl75+ mobs in it 25%. And zones with mobs lvl75- 75% so at least lower lvls could lvl in peace.

hehe

best view from that little building, i sit up there all the time
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Exclamation

Sitting on that building is nothing new, and most certainly NOT limited to Omni.

Zones where there are multiple levels of supression gas are always going to be prone to these kind of "tactics". Look at MMD. Look at 2ho, okay, that's not the same thing, but the whompa so close like that makes it effectively the same for omni (i.e. someplace to run). Clan use the shops, so they are not absolved from this either.

It's a game mechanics issue. As discussed before many times though, making all cities 25%, etc, etc would scare away too much of the player base. It's a catch22 -- the game would be really fun for you for about 2 weeks, until FC changed it back or went under because of mass cancellations. I mean, look at all the stink when Mort was changed. It's all about making most of the people happy most of the time.
    Last edited by Arinia; Feb 27th, 2002 at 07:51:01.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

It really comes down to zones and mixed supression gas. There are all these invisable borders and escape zones all over the place. There are a ton of them in mort too.

Making mort 25% was a great idea.

Maybe we need some static dungeons with some uber exp and uber loot right in the middle of SWB, or maybe we need neutral guards in 4 hoes so we can get some action going there.

Did a few runs through 2ho, it was so dead. 1 100 meta waiting by the grid who ran like crazy as soon as I took a shot at him, and nobody else, no clanners no omni and it was a hoping time of night.

We need to get people out to some big open, zoneless areas for some fun times. Heck I'd say make bs home 25% gas but because of the lag and the grid term I can see that not being a good idea.