Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

Found one Now if only I can find this NPC alive before damn campers kill him again.

You guys assumed there weren't any quests, but there are quest items that have been in the game as early as beta 4 (when I started playing). Up until recently I discarded these items as garbage believing what everyone said, that there were no quests in AO.

I think the reason there are so few quests found is because they are far more complicated than EQ/DAOC quests which are so brainless they TELL you what to say to the NPC.
    Last edited by Mindswayer; Mar 4th, 2002 at 22:08:43.

he he, maybe funcom should be making enough static missionsand "quests" to go around? rather than making a few and hiding them from people? this "synthetic world" should be able to accomadate the number of people who pay in order to inhabit it.

*cough* CLAN MEMBERS! *cough*

"quests"

I highly doubt there are actual quests. There are 2 static missions, that's about it. There are a ton of NPC mobs who tell you things that sound like quests, but they don't seem to be quests. I haven't had any success and I'm sure I have put in more hours on this than anyone who has posted on this forum. Likewise, this has been the experience of everyone who I have spoken to. Now if you have COMPLETED a quest, this would be big news, as the vast majority of mobs say things that sound like there might be a quest element, but until one actually gets completed its a lot of hot air. If you have completed a "quest", enlighten us idiots with at least one example, so that people have some idea how to solve these. Until someone does, it just seems odd that across the year of AO, there has been no public information given on this subject. More likely, is that people are interpreting NPC's gab as having "quest" elements when they haven't been implemented.

Munchausen
    RK-2 Engie 146

I dunno man... like the trader in varmit trying to save the rhinomen? thats some pretty smooth flavour text... but if thats all it is...

gonna be a pretty huge let down.

Isnt it more likely you just havent found the right phrases yet?

Hope owns joo!

Re: Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

Originally posted by Kontagin
    As the title says

There's many quests in AO, and by many I mean about 20. A few I know of have been in the game as long as about a month after launch.
    Heh, I think you're full of it buddy. I'll admit there are certain NPCs in game that can carry a "planned" conversation with you, but to hint that there are 20 quests in this game that work and can be completed? Get real.

Take the conversation you can have with Daria Marie Walzer for instance. She hints at a quest but thats it. So unless you can prove that there are 20 quests in game that work, and or can be completed, I say STFU and stop stirring up attention to your no hint - non spoiler tease of a thread.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Found one Now if only I can find this NPC alive before damn campers kill him again.
    Really?! Those items that "might be worth a lot for the right people" were the first thing that I thought of as well.

I tried using them on the various NPCs a long time ago. The NPC just responded with the various "I don't understand" type of responses. I assumed that they were only useful for generating floating text over your head.

Unfortunately, I discarded my entire collection a while back when I was cleaning up my bank. So I'm currently rebuilding my collection and trying again.

I'm a bit hesitant to actually trade them away to NPC, since the NPC have a nasty habit of keeping stuff that they don't want. So can you simply use the item on the NPC?

Cough up some info, please!

Kontagin, I'm wondering what level you are. I had a go at a unique mob a while ago and didn't have a prayer. I'm 66 right now so I don't get aggroed by everything everywhere. I can move about and quest at my leisure but if this involves killing a lvl 125 unique mob with insane amounts of HP I'm dead meat in a second.

Vitnir

i dont want spoilers but.....

Hiya gang, im a veteran of AC and DAoC and yes i read all the spoilers on quests, and yes i agree with all those that say they completly ruin that aspect of the game. Here in AO im trying to raise myslef above spoilers and such and so that is not what im looking for here (and know very well none will come heheh). However i did read the writeup ont the Alvin Dodga quest, and am curious... is there a place where i can atleast get some kind of hint on what to say to trigger the quest with the NPC's? Afterall in my exploring in various citys and outdoor areas i see lots of NPC's just sort of roaming around but cant get em to talk to me. The Dodge/Alvin writeup has this guy sayin a bunch of stuff to the NPC and i got no idea how he fiugred out to say that stuff. Are hints left in the storyline somewhere or what?

I know what the thing near NL is but I can't reach it. Impossible to attack so can't kill it.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

To Xenlee

See, that's the problem!

There really is nothing that ultimately refers to this even being a quest. I know I got my information from a good in-game friend. He got his information from someone else... who got his info fom someone else... and so on and so on. But other than coming out of the blue and talking to Alvin/Dodga, you'd never know that he had a quest or anything.

And as far as I know... this is the ONLY real NPC mission (where you receive a mission icon). Everyone else is a 'drag and drop' (drag your character over to him and drop him with your weapon).
    And these will give rare items only if you manage to kill them. So, FC says that I should kill people in order to gain any benefits. Hmmm.... There are people who have Jaguars... maybe I should bop them in the head and they will drop their QL200 Jaguar convertible keys..... yeah... that's the ticket.

You know, I can be like other people too and say that there are talking mantis that give super missions. They can be found somewhere on Rubi-ka....oh too vague... okay aren't found in any of the deactivated zones! Oh, no... I've given out way too much information! People will be camping the active zones now!

Tsannik

I know I cause trouble.... it's what I do.
    Lvl 115 Agent RK1

Originally posted by Ampris

Really?! Those items that "might be worth a lot for the right people" were the first thing that I thought of as well.

I tried using them on the various NPCs a long time ago. The NPC just responded with the various "I don't understand" type of responses. I assumed that they were only useful for generating floating text over your head.

Unfortunately, I discarded my entire collection a while back when I was cleaning up my bank. So I'm currently rebuilding my collection and trying again.

I'm a bit hesitant to actually trade them away to NPC, since the NPC have a nasty habit of keeping stuff that they don't want. So can you simply use the item on the NPC?
    Be glad to let you know when I get a chance to try and trade it to the NPC. I still have yet to find him alive, damn campers...

Originally posted by EJ-Seth
    I dunno man... like the trader in varmit trying to save the rhinomen? thats some pretty smooth flavour text... but if thats all it is...

gonna be a pretty huge let down.

Isnt it more likely you just havent found the right phrases yet?

Hope owns joo!
    Theres a Omni guy who likes to hunt rhinomen in VW, not far from that trader. He dosen't like the trader at all, almost falls down laughing at the mention of his name.

OK, I have checked into it and here's the final answer!

There are currently no quests, no missions and no dungeons of any kind on AO.

Beside me, there only seems to be a bunch of mazes and 3 colored ghosts with funny eyes that keep be from eating the dots and getting to the fruit in time!

Damn those ghosts!

waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka ...
    Last edited by RoboKa; Mar 8th, 2002 at 02:52:20.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Has anyone actually determined what Kontagin was actually referring to?

LOL!!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!

You're telling me a lvl50ish character knows of 20 or more quests? Now that's funny.... If he weer at least 100th, I'd give his words some weight, but 50th, is still kinda 'fresh to the scene'

I think he just thinks he found quests, but doesn't really know.
    You notice how he started the post, but hasnt posted anything since then.

Tsannik

There are in actuality, 42 quests in this game, and I have finished them all. Believe you me, I wouldn't lie! They all require saying "boobatrip" and "I am a lemming", while doing /chicken to each and every unique PC in the game! RoboKa, you have to eat the big dots! They make you uber. Well I must go now..

/me flies off in his purple-colored modified yalmaha with plasma gun mounts [insert 70's action sound and trail of rainbow-patterned yalm exhaust]
    Last edited by KramerTheWeird; Mar 12th, 2002 at 03:11:18.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

I've only seen one quest myself, and I didn't even have to do the /chicken . It was in Lush and this chick wanted me to go find someone in the Clan area somewhere, but she didn't say where. I went to all the major Clan cities and looked at all of the NPC's looking for him (this was when the amnesty was still in effect) but couldn't find him.

I don't know how you possibly could solve it now though
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

very late bump
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

I've eaten way to many dots for one lifetime
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Hmmmmmmm

I think as a few people have said: Theyre hints at quests... not actually quests that ya can do yet.

Ive spoke to every NPC ive found... including some really deep in the wilderness. You can follow the conversation with them and pretty much all of them hint at quests but theres nothing ya can do yet. Im pretty sure the only one so far that can be done is Dodga/Alvin and ive never even see him cos theres always 2 or 3 or more people sitting waiting for him.

The easiest way to find out if an NPC gives a quest is to just come straight out and say "mission" to them. Most times you will get the answer "I have no quest" or something similar.

There are two NPC's ive managed to find that say other things when ya mention a quest, but i havent had any luck getting anymore info out of them, so im guessing that their quests arent actually ready yet. Altho one of em mentioned Moog as part of his "mission" and i know he can be found in Artery Valley somewhere but ive had no luck spotting him yet.

Im hopin that they will add some more soon tho ... and that we have to find em ourselves
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast