Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

I'll agree with some others here on the boards but I would really like to see the following.

1. A guide (and insurance from FC that they will work) on "how" to converse with NPCs (atm they are case sensitive etc).

2. At least give us a list of about 1/2 of the "lower" level NPC quests. I don't mind having the high level ones on the unkown list.

JHMO

Don't believe the hype

Anyone who tells you there are 20 static missions and some have been in since a month after launch is either lying or doesn't know what a static mission is. There is prolly not more than 2 sets, and the vast majority are bugged or not implemented. Don't think you are missing out on something as there was a ton of misinformation the last time we had a new static in a patch. People said stupid things like lots of people are doing them, you get them from mission terms, they are dungeon locations, etc.

Munchausen

Bump

Believe what you want. But I never said static mission, I said quest. All of the ones I'm speaking of involve killing things outside (I.e not inside buildings or missions, etc.).

Believe what you want, I'm not forcing anything on you.

And to anyone who says HINTS should be given, I do agree. So here 'ya go.

1. The HP board one is nearby Newland City.

2. Near Tir.

3.It's a pretty big place, I do agree, but I can't give coords etc. Its near the Enigma Maze.

And to anyone who says complete guides should be given, I guess you just want this to turn into a disneyland of quests.

P.S. Sorry something came up with my internet ISP and it went down for a while, which is why I couldn't respond to the thread. Sorry ;(

Hrmm....

Dogda and Alvin are static missions. So maybe the name of your thread is misplaced. I'm not looking for a spoiler, but what exactly do you mean by the word "quest"?

I always thought that static mission=dungeon and a mission you receive from an NPC=quest. What I'm talking about is the latter of the two.

Hope this clears it up for you

Actually,

Static Mission is a mission you get from a npc. Up until now you get them from Alvin and Dogda. They would appear the same as a mission you would get from a mission terminal. The 5 dungeons are usually called just that. The "quests" that you are talking about... do they leave a mission icon in your missions selection? If they do, then they are static missions. If they don't, then I'm not sure what you have discovered.

Munchausen

Thats why EQ will outlive every other MMORPG. Their community. The players of EQ, when faced with a challenge, come together and face the challenge as a community. Players in AO dont care about community at all. Thats made obvious everytime you listen to the banter on the ooc channels.

When the epic quests came out, the community of EQ players came together and solved every single one of them. I was one of the first to finish the ranger epic quest and helped a lot in it getting solved. I havent enjoyed a gaming experience as much before or after. Working with my fellow rangers of the glade, we figured it out. If we had a bunch of selfish players in the ranger community, I dont know how long it would have taken to figure it out. Fortunately we didnt.

Spoilers are a fact of life with online gaming. That will happen no matter what, once you finish the quests, but its when you come together with other players to actually solve the quests that it becomes something really special. Sure other players will benefit from your hard work, but they are going to anyway, but at least you will able to take pride in being one of the first...

Perhaps its not other people

This is not meant as a 'flame' or insult or any of the sorts. It is a mere suggestion that i would like you to consider. If you take offense, then ignore it.
    I am suggesting that the reason people in AO are so self centered is that most people that find neeto things (emphasis on most (not all)) hoard their findings. Now I have been playing since launch. I have no level 140+ player, and i dont really mind. Instead ive taken the long route of looking/finding neato little things in the game. Collectively i have about 532 levels on various professions, millions earned and shared, and i also like to spend time in nooB areas helping them out. Now back to the topic: Take for example... yourself. People that are lucky/skilled/tallented at finding the things that many of us have spent more than 8 months searching for dont like to share. Hints are nice, but let me ask you this: How is the community supposed to collectively solce a problem when one person hoards everything important, and refuses to share information, in an attempt to solve the problem as a whole. Anyway, i would just like you to think of that next time you comment on the AO community. I have found the community quite warm, and welcoming. Perhaps it should not be you pointing the finger. Just take some time and consider yourself. We all have our times when we rant/complain/hoard. To come together as a community, people need to know that there is a problem to solve.

Community

I can't see what the fun would be if the entire planet came together to figure out these missons and create step by step guides like they seem to do on EQ. The political enviroment of the game doesn't support that(Anarchy). There should be more hints and rumors to point people in the right direction.

While the community is nice, there are too many people who aren't helpful. i've heard plenty of questions shouted out and noone bothered to answer(I didnt know the answer) I was walking out in the middle of no where when I came to a restaurant area where other people were around. I asked no one in particular what the nearest city is and noone answered.
    People have to be much more communicative in this game

Jesus, that's stupid.

Part of the reason FC is afraid to release quests is because they know that some sod is going to put them on a website, and it will just become a mechanical camped POS thing-do-do-to-be-l33t. No one would role play it, it wouldn't be neat to find because there would be a line away from it.

Go the f* back to EQ. The impression you give of that community is one of bored computer gamers, and crappy role players.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Talking ....

Yeah, if thats true the EQ community is great, but when i began playing, NO ONE EVEN TALKED TO ME! They all just thought hes a lvl 2 ignore him, no one helped me at all.

When i canme to AO first thing someone was in the newb area handing out free bikinis and later i met some nice people and was given 10k by someone who i still know today. I love helping Newbies out, its great.

Back to the topic...

If a guide were posted to every quest the uniqueness would be gone, look around tir griid, how many people have neleb's robes, every single MP and NanoTech. I think Dodgas Quest guide is plenty to show you how its done, now you have to make an effort for yourselves.

"I cant wait till more people from Everquest come to AO, then people will actually share info"

I cant wait either cause then EQ will burn down to the ground.

Thumbs up Keep them secret.

I agree with those saying that people who find these quests shouldn't post spoilers about them. They don't owe us anything, and even if they did it is wrong to characterize the choice as selfish. You may disagree with the position that posting spoilers would harm the quests and AO generally, but that IS the position.

Having said that, I do think some vague information and a few hints are appropriate. Being too elitist about this will inspire ill-tempered people to investigate the quests and post spoilers out of spite. Also, if there is a good source of hints somewhere which is fun and well known people won't be as likely to look for outright spoilers.

Here Here

I agree with those saying that people who find these quests shouldn't post spoilers about them. They don't owe us anything, and even if they did it is wrong to characterize the choice as selfish. You may disagree with the position that posting spoilers would harm the quests and AO generally, but that IS the position.

Having said that, I do think some vague information and a few hints are appropriate. Being too elitist about this will inspire ill-tempered people to investigate the quests and post spoilers out of spite. Also, if there is a good source of hints somewhere which is fun and well known people won't be as likely to look for outright spoilers.

I completely agree.

By the way, I've found another quest. It has to do with those monster egg containment fields. Mantis' can be summoned with them. Not really a quest, per say, although I have yet to get a nanocrystal to complete it so I'll tell you when I do.

Unhappy Bah

hrm, myabe broadcasting quests would not be a smart idea. maybe they should be passed down in game, between close friends and CLAN MEMBERS. just a thought.

Hi

I have some questions for you guys here. I am not looking for spoilers, but just some general info. This is my first MMORPG and I am trying to get some things straight....

I have found and completed one of the "static" missions. The Alvin one. When I got this mission, I got a mission icon, a time limit, etc. I'ce also been to a couple of the "static" dungeons, which have a goal (a "boss" Mob) and a bit of a story to each. So we have static missions and static dungeons.

There is no dungeon associated with the Alvin mission, you have to find items by hunting, combine, etc. (there are hints in another thread).

So my question is...what the hell is a quest? How do you get it? How do you know you have it? What is required to complete it? How do you get the reward?

I guess I just don't see how a "quest" works in AO, given it is centered around the "mission" concept. Please help clarify this for me......

Originally posted by Hoover
    So my question is...what the hell is a quest? How do you get it? How do you know you have it? What is required to complete it? How do you get the reward?

I guess I just don't see how a "quest" works in AO, given it is centered around the "mission" concept. Please help clarify this for me......
    I have to agree with you.

In Anarchy Online missions are quests. At least, that is what I get from talking to NCP about quests.

I think that some players think of "missions" at those dynamic missions generated by the mission terminal. Everything else is a "quest".

Cool Impressive

By constantly argueing whether or not this information should be kept secret, you've actually drawn attention to this thread. Now, this information will be known to pretty much anyone who didn't know the thread exists.

Hope FC is ready to handle all the grief that will come when everyone is camping all this stuff. Oh, I'm not trying to flame, but Myers... you're right... the political aspect of the game *is* anarchy..... which is what is created when information is shared among those who do not want it shared.

For those who would like to create more anarchy, please feel free to deposit your tidbits of information on my site (site posted in earlier posting on this thread). Thank you and have a good day.

Tsannik

Originally posted by Tomasin
    TI was one of the first to finish the ranger epic quest and helped a lot in it getting solved. I havent enjoyed a gaming experience as much before or after. Working with my fellow rangers of the glade, we figured it out.
    Would you have as much fun out of it, if you just had to read all the steps on Alakhazam ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

We don't know

Be very careful. Kontagin hasn't found additional static missions, I assure you. Either he is talking about unique mobs or he is talking about things that aren't implemented, or he is talking about something that hasn't been formally described (very doubtful). The only quest-like things in the game are static missions, and I'm fairly certain there are only two of those. Kontagin has been extremely unclear in what he is describing unfortunately.

Munchausen
    RK-2 Engie 145

Would *I* have fun?

You know... I'd have fun still... even after reading a truely step-by-step walkthrough of any quest. Why? because I'd still have to perform the quest with my character. Even if I stumbled upon a quest that I didn't know of, let's say the Fish quest.... I've got to assume that there are a bunch of people who have already done this quest... so being the '1st' is just a false impression. Besides, I'm sure all the people who are on the test server could actually admit to being '1st solvers' of a quest.

All I know is that I'd have more fun participating in the whole entire game, rather than constant random mission killing sprees.
    I'd love to know how to get neato things like the Shades of Lucubration... Or the Pads of Interest/Clan Shoulderpads for the Su****ious. Do I realize that this information would make these quests uber camped? Yes, I do... but until FC fixes this, guess I'll just try to camp myself...maybe even KS and then get petitioned. All I know is that this system is flawed, but until enough flak is generated, nothing will ever be done.

Am I starting to sound like the memorable Captfallout?

Tsannik

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast