Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

As the title says

There's many quests in AO, and by many I mean about 20. A few I know of have been in the game as long as about a month after launch. Here are a few:

1. Involves a Talking fish and an HP adding board. It's in Newland somewhere.

2. In Tir county, again, I'm not gonna tell you exactly where

3. In the area of Wine (The map that comes with the boxed game) or Artery Valley for the rest of you.

I'll never EVER tell anyone exactly where any of the quests are, unless it becomes common knowledge, which is what I want to prevent. So, if you do find one of these quests, feel free to post the rewards, but PLEASE don't tell everyone where they're all at, or what to do etc etc.

Also, trust me, the quests ARE there.
    Last edited by Kontagin; Feb 27th, 2002 at 02:02:48.

I can't wait till more people from Everquest come to AO. On EQ people will actually tell others about new quests rather than selfishly keep them to themselves. I've noticed the AO community tends to be very self-serving.

I've actually been cussed out in-game for giving out info on the Dodga quest to new players.....

Thanks for the info (or lack thereof :P ), BTW.

how did u find these quests in the first place?

Wandering.

1 of them I got hints from some guy I met out hunting, but even he didn't tell me exactly where it was.

Rest I found myself, because I wanted to know if there was anything more than Lvl/mission/buy stuff repeat to AO.

Now you know.

-Kontagin

This is the reason I started my site. http://communities.msn.com/tsanniksanarchyonline

Even in AC, people would tell you where the quests were and tell you how to do them. I think people would have more fun in this game if they could do more than just mission/kill/loot all the time...

So if anyone has any real information they'd like to share, or would like to take a look over the information I've already gathered, then I invite such a thing to happen.

Tsannik

No I am glad no one is sharing them.

The thing I always hated about AC was the quests felt like rides at disneyland. They weren't quests. They were attractions. Attractions that you had to wait in line for. Something you knew 1000 other people have already seen. There was no sense of discovery. Just go to Crossroads of Dereth and look at a list of all the quests, pick one, print it out, and have your hand held on the whole damn thing.

It also sucked that the very next day after patching, there was a guide for nearly all the new quests.

I haven't found a single quest in AO, but I am still looking. In AC I never looked since I knew it was already found, all of it.

I like that there is still much to be done for the very first time in AO.

But I will ask for just one spoiler. Have you found any quests that do not make a Mission Icon appear in your mission menu? Because I have found what I believed to be honest to god quests but I got no mission icon so I figured I hadn't really found anything at all.

Thumbs up

I think I found my second quest. Not sure. It's in the artery valley and I can't seem to stay alive long enough to actually talk to the guy

Hmmm I have to agree with MikeWeather here - there isa remarkable lack of information sharing in this community.

Right - timeto go find these apparent missions and post details about them on these message boards - jsut like I posted all my conversations with various NPC's

The problem is there aren't enough hints floating around. I'm not going to spend days randomly talking to NPCs. It would be nice if every now and then a mob would drop a hint e.g. a scrap of paper with some hint on it or some other method of drawing you into a quest.

I've talk with lots of NPC's, nearly all have some nice little story. You have to test a lot of phrases like "tell me about your work", "tell me what you know" or similar. Then you can repeat some words of the npc's answer. With luck you trigger a keyword and the speak goes on...

I talked some months ago with most npc's, at this time there was only one half working static mission (dodga/alvin). Sometimes you got an mission icon and could trade the item for a card, sometimes no icon or no card... I don't want to talk with every npc again after a patch just to check if there is perhaps a working static mission now.

Also its kinda boring if you don't know whats going on:
    a) npc has no hint to a mission or there is no mission
    b) using wrong keywords
    c) mission is bugged
    d) mission is fixed now, you have to try all keywords again

Right now I've only made the first dodga mission and had lots of stupid conversations. ( typical npc answer: "I dont understand" and " I no nothing about that know."

-----
    You should taste Gibs mushroom-soup! And please give Stolt his wiener so he gets Heidi back...

There is an NPC around (not telling where) who when talked to asks you ifyou want to know "How to get free money" But it seems I can't get the information out of him.... He also mentions some wierd guy who headed east.

Anyone talked to this NPC before?

Originally posted by Kottan
    I talked some months ago with most npc's, at this time there was only one half working static mission (dodga/alvin). Sometimes you got an mission icon and could trade the item for a card, sometimes no icon or no card... I don't want to talk with every npc again after a patch just to check if there is perhaps a working static mission now.
    Well, I can tell you on the Dodga mission, that he was supposedly still bugged (according to the GM after I petitioned when I gave my card and got nothing back). The GM suggested waiting until 13.8 patch, so I'm guessing they are attempting to fix that.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Spolier...

THe one at CAV... are u guys talking about MOOG ? He's clanner, I tried to kill (he was green) and got my ass kicked instead

I don't like spoilers, some things I like to figure out on my own, but i think that giving out the starting point for the quest (The NPC's name and zone for example) and an idea what the reward is would be great and help the community out a great deal

posting entire conversations and step by step insturctiosn should go in a seperate thread for those who don't like spoilers, or only resort to it when they get stuck (I'm the latter).
    OCC Rank: Deacon(President - Republic)

........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

Originally posted by Marthos
    I don't like spoilers, some things I like to figure out on my own, but i think that giving out the starting point for the quest (The NPC's name and zone for example) and an idea what the reward is would be great and help the community out a great deal

posting entire conversations and step by step insturctiosn should go in a seperate thread for those who don't like spoilers, or only resort to it when they get stuck (I'm the latter).
    I agree... Rubika is a HUGE place. Without some starting pointers.... some of us may never find these quests.. or even know about their existence.

Thumbs up

People should leave Home and go out and explore a little

Has anyone been able to get anything out of MoOg ? I can't seem to stay alive long enough out there

I guess I missed it somewhere, but I wasn't even aware you COULD talk to NPCs in Rubi-Ka. As a veteran of endless quests in EQ and DAoC, I am used to relying on the web to provide pointers at least. After that I'd prefer to try it alone at first, although the community effort to solving the epic quests in EQ was a memorable time.

So now that I know - do you use /tell or /say? I'm assuming here that its only named NPCs that will speak to you - or is this a mistake? Might a generic "Weaponsmith" have something to share? I agree, a list of starting points would be very helpful, maybe something as simple as "a woman in Borealis" or "an outpost salesman <zone>"

Anyone willing to share? And Tsannik, I did visit your site, but either there isn't much there yet or the navigation is unclear.

Originally posted by Lisje
    I guess I missed it somewhere, but I wasn't even aware you COULD talk to NPCs in Rubi-Ka.

So now that I know - do you use /tell or /say? I'm assuming here that its only named NPCs that will speak to you - or is this a mistake?
    To talk with an NPC, simply target them and then speak on the vicinity channel.

Usually it is best to start with "Hello." and if they are capable of speaking, then they will turn to face you and respond to your greeting.

Not every NPC will speak with you.

Re: Quests (Theres alot more than Dodga and his omni equivalent)

Originally posted by Kontagin
    1. Involves a Talking fish and an HP adding board. It's in Newland somewhere.
    Can you be a bit more specific about the actual starting playfield? Was it Newland City, Newland Desert or Newland?

3. In the area of Wine (The map that comes with the boxed game) or Artery Valley for the rest of you.
    Actually, Wine is supposed to be in SouthEastern Artery Valley (now called Belial Forest) playfield. When I went looking for the city of Wine and failed to find it... unless it in the Hollow Mountains or one of those destroyed cities. But it didn't say 'Wine' so I don't think that was the city of Wine.

Sadly, I don't think Wine is in the game at the moment.

Could you be a bit more specific on the location like which playfield the NPC is in? Artery Valley is a rather large area.

Also, trust me, the quests ARE there.
    One question, did you get a mission icon from these NPC?

To Lisje

Lisje

I did that on purpose. I only list the unique mobs, where they can be found and what/how they give. Any spoilers are contained in the message boards. I know there are people who do not like to receive all the information at once. Right now, there is only 1 true static NPC given mission that I know of (Alvin/Dodga 1st mission). Everything else is speculative. In fact, I need people's help in finding and reporting this stuff so I can post it for everyone's review.

For those of you who do not like this information to be given out: 'tough'. I'm going to do it. If these mobes get way overcamped. Petition in game and on these forums and maybe, just maybe FC will do something about changing the way static NPC missions are dealt with.

Tsannik

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast