Thread: More 'bot trouble (or why I shouldn't buy stuff from Newland fixers...)

More 'bot trouble (or why I shouldn't buy stuff from Newland fixers...)

I went to Newland a couple of days ago to see my contact on the Black Market. He showed me something that he said would fix my 'bot's lecherous behavior. It was a microchip....

The PSX2 Emoticon Modification chip.

I paid over a million credits for it (for my level, that is a LOT of credits); he told me he "aquired" the chip at great personal risk from some robot manufacturing company in Omni-1. He also told me that this chip is one of only two prototypes that exist.

Well, I installed the chip and turned on ToyWabbit, and the first thing he said was...

"Hail and well met, great Caesar!"

Now he insists on calling me Caesar, thinks we should be wearing togas instead of trenchcoats, and that he should fight for me in the Arena (he thinks we have gladitorial games where I raise my thumb and such...)

Well, at least he's no longer a lech...

ToyWabbit (looking at some women): "Perhaps we should invite those fine specimens to your private abode, Great Caesar! I'm sure they'd love to frolick as vestigal virgins in your presence!"

AAUUGGHH!!!! I should've known something would be wrong when I saw those 3 letters printed on the damned chip!!!
    Last edited by Wabbitech; May 9th, 2003 at 00:29:46.
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

RUR would like to state for the record that though our workshops are in Newland City, we do not produce the PSX chips and our robots do not suffer from delusions of serving great historical figures, with perhaps the exception of Sir Isaac Newton, Robert E Lee, Pablo Picasso, Helen of Troy, Homer Simpson, Napoleon, Mark Twain, Wonder Woman, Joan of Arc, Albert Einstein, George Washington, J S Bach, Robin Hood, Igor Strawinski, Charles Dickens, CptFallout, Oliver Wright, the guy who does all those movie trailer voiceovers, John, Paul, George and Ringo.

The point is, not Julius Ceasar or any Roman emperor.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hmm... the RUR on this chip must be from another company... Refurbished Used Robots?

... Neil Armstrong, W A Mozart, Cleopatra, Charlie Chaplin, Richard M Nixion, Leonardo,Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Julius Ceas-... oh dang.

Okay, so maybe it is one of our chips, but is it so bad to be treated as one of history's greatest military geniuses? Surely its a mark of respect and admiration, no?

All right, all right, bring your bot to our workshops and we'll sort it out.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*Somewhere in Newland City*

ToyWabbit: Great Caesar, aren;t we going to see RuR for a checkup on my systems?

We are, but first I want to find that fixer.

ToyWabbit: I don't see the reasoning behind your.....

Listen. I want to know where the PSX chip that's permanently planted in your head came from. I'm sure he'll talk when we're through interrogating him.

ToyWabbit: That will be difficult, Great Caesar.

Why's that?

*The Gladiatorbot points to the corpse in the middle of the dark alley*

ToyWabbit: That corpse definitely looks like a Fixer

*Wabbitech examines the corpse*

Uh, oh... This is the guy, but it looks like he's been Perma-Killed.

ToyWabbit: My sensors indicate he couldn't have been dead for long, Great Caesar. Perhaps we should cancel our visit to RuR and find out what's going on.

No. I think we should go to RuR NOW!. Their offices are likely to be well defended in case this guy's assassins come after us.

ToyWabbit: You are most wise, Great Caesar. I am prepared to give my life to protect you along the way.

Okay. Let's hurry on then. Maybe RuR can help us figure out just what is going on...

*as Wabbitech and his 'bot leave for RuR headquarters, two shadowy figures follow them..."

Noholds notices a new customer walking into the plant. It is Wabbitech with his bot. ''What can i do for you,sir?" Noholds
    ask.

He quickly explains the odd behaviour of his gladitorbot to Noholdsbarre, the lead researcher of RUR.