Thread: Population of Rubi-Ka

Population of Rubi-Ka

I was wondering if it was possible to get an official count of the number of active subscribers are playing AO.

I remember back in June/July just after release there was like 60k subscribers, would be nice to know what the official count is after 8 months.

Funcom won't release any exact numbers, but the February issue of PC Gamer documented that 196,000 copies of the game had been shipped. And that's prior to the free download. So who knows, but it's obviously only a FRACTION of that number.

After winning PC Gamer's MMORPG of the year award earlier this month, however, I seem to have noticed more people online. But, maybe that's just me...
    "Hey, hey now. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
    'Cause, remember, no matter where you go..... there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

looks like everyone ordered about 10,000 copies for themselves...

Well it's funny you ask that cause theres a website who catalogged info about the population of this game. Don't remember the sight off hand. It lists clans, number of members, number of this class or that.

Under population I decided to count it and in Rubika1 there were about 50'000 characters. Rubika2 suprised me.. it has 15'000 odd characters (although it seems only about 2000 are on at one time lol). I figure each person has between 2 and 5 characters.. some only 1 others 10 or more. So theres probably a total of around 50'000 people that play this game. That's not a HUGE ammount but it's still quite a lot.

The amount of poeple I see joining this after playing DAoC and getting bored (I left AO for DAoC when it came out.. and came back 2 months later) I wouldn't doubt if the population of DAoC is lower then this and the population of AO is rising steadily.

I know there are still a LOT of people playing because the other day when the servers went down for maintenance and RK2 was up but not RK1, there were a LOT of poeple on RK2.. I wouldn't doubt if there were a few thousand players per city (there were a good 100+ at the arena alone.. was funny watching all those lvl2-6 people lol.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

keep in mind a lot of those are alts
    I have 6 characters myself

Like I said.. I figure each person has 2-6 characters.

Keep in mind the people that play on test. If you came there today you'd see we have a pretty healthy population with 10-20 people on at once.
    Last edited by Fion; Feb 27th, 2002 at 03:33:47.

Also worth mentioning, those character numbers only list GUILDED OR FORMERLY GUILDED CHARACTERS
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Oh your right.. I didn't even notice that.. and a LOT of people aren't in guilds. Theres probably still close to 70 or 80'000 people playing AO.

What website are you referring to that gives these subscriber numbers?
    "Hey, hey now. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
    'Cause, remember, no matter where you go..... there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

I cannot remember the URL.. it's a pretty wacky address lol. Anyone else know it?

Antiguardians..

It has the smae database as, you can list chars however you want, if you select:

All breeds
    All gens
    All classes
    Both dims (test is not included)

It lists 44056 characters in game, that is exactly ALL chars currently in the DB, with say 4 chars per ppl, its 10k players... And that aint gonne keep this game alive.

I am looking for things that can be wrong with this listing, its often 2-3 days old in updating but that dont make much diff...

www.antiguardians.org look under stuff and character statistics.

Yours
    Fury

Re: Antiguardians..

Originally posted by FuryFerret
    It lists 44056 characters in game, that is exactly ALL chars currently in the DB, with say 4 chars per ppl, its 10k players... And that aint gonne keep this game alive.
    I wouldn't put a lot of faith in those numbers. None of my 8 characters (one on RK2) appear to be listed. Not even the ones I created opening day, and I've never had an inactive account.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

hmm?

Is this not you then?

http://antiguardians.org/chars.php?name=valen

You need to use the "lookup char button", not search. that wont find you anything (xcept guild names)

char stats:
    http://antiguardians.org/stats.php

char info:
    http://antiguardians.org/chars.php

Yours
    Fury
    Last edited by Caradepapa; Feb 27th, 2002 at 21:55:42.

Hmmm... ok. He didn't show up before when I checked a few weeks ago (I had used name lookup, not search, and I also searched all nanomage male docs and he didn't show).

So now 2 of my characters show up at least (Valen and Bytor). The rest still don't show.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Yea I seriously doubt there are only 10k people playing this game. I would think theres roughly that many people on at any one time (this is a big game and LOT of high lvl players never even go to the major cities)

I figured as much.

I kinda doubted that figure myself actually, my guess is that ppl has more then 4 chars per account even, I know I have 15.

That leaves us in the dark still, ill see if I can get that info from somewere, I wanna know to.

Yours
    Fury