Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA1 advice

GA1 advice

I found a GA1 disk (now a crystal) at level 57. I play infrequently and was really just token farming when I found it. I have put 0 IP into MC. I really do not know what to do and would appreciate any views. In searching the forum, I found another thread about keeping or selling GA1 but it really talked about this issue before the new missions changes (which make blitzing a good deal harder even since they toned down the turrets) and the fairly significant drop in GA1 prices (seems to go for about 25-35 million now).

In my opinion, you'd be best selling it. At 57, you could easily get a few levels and get it on, but it wouldn't last you much past 90. The creds you get from selling could go towards a higher mark GA, or you could just blow it all on cool crap

Alternatively, you could put it on and have a laugh for 30 levels.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

I'm not that familiar with GA yet since I just got one myself 2 days ago, but I must say that WOOOOW what a diffence, where I before had to root\snare any adds I can sit back and relax since they don't hit me anymore.

btw I hadn't put in IP on MC my self before I got the GA so I just RS the evades and made some new set of MC imps (put me back one run buff) but I don't regret it at all.

1. if u ask a fixer that is used to the GA he will say keep it and love it

2. if u talk to a NON GA fixer he will prolly say " I manage fine without" (like I said 2 days ago)

and for the prices. well they are dropping and I guess they actually gonna drop even more during this month, cause just yesterday there was like 5 or 6 GA's on sale ingame within few hours.

but u would also get some others opinion on this aswell

I'd say keep it unless you really need the credits.

I have a dirty secret, I wore GA I until I was level 136. The only reason I stopped wearing GA I was because I found GA IV. I figured out that I was actually taking less damage against mobs in teams by sticking with GA I then wearing ql 190ish flowers or omni-pol. ((edit: mind you, this is when nobody bothered to do team missions over 190 since fighting RM/aces wasn't considered worth the effort.))

Of course, GA I isn't optimal. Its not solo armor, and it will get you killed fighting RM/aces. You REALLY need to max your evades in GA I.

If you really play casually and infrequently (like you say you do) you will probably get alot of milage out of GA1. Just be aware of the fact that it's not optimal by any means, and wearing it isns't a ticket to solo things way over your head and you'll be fine. Keep in mind it won't last you 'forever' like the higher marks of Grid armor can.

If you plan to level quickly, like soloing things way over your level or demand having the very 'best', you might be better off selling it to a twink.

My 2 cents

My suggestion would be to keep the GA and put it on. For the simple fact that you said you play infrequently. This way you can have a better chance of making the most of the time you do spend ingame.

/Cat
    I'm Back

Well if you don't level too fast, keep it. I'm in GA I at level 77, and I don't care, for I probably won't hit 90+ before a while. So if you wish to give it a try, level 57 isn't such a bad level to start working on this.

And you DON'T reset evades, please. Evades are important in GA too, cause if you take a bad blow, you're gonna feel it. So better minimize the risks from the start.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Demenzia
    Well if you don't level too fast, keep it. I'm in GA I at level 77, and I don't care, for I probably won't hit 90+ before a while. So if you wish to give it a try, level 57 isn't such a bad level to start working on this.
    Note to original poster: This is great advice for anyone who levels once every three months.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Originally posted by Skeena
    Note to original poster: This is great advice for anyone who levels once every three months.
    *lol* Skeena, everybody here KNOWS how fast I level. Or maybe should I enforce my reputation some more, just for the newbies? I still need to beat Lil and Chap, though

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Demenzia

*lol* Skeena, everybody here KNOWS how fast I level. Or maybe should I enforce my reputation some more, just for the newbies? I still need to beat Lil and Chap, though
    Well, I did the quick math on ymera, which only goes back as far as one year, to determine who gets the most levels per week on average. It would appear that Demmy is the outright winner by a good margin. Lil and Kasimir also level at a pretty disrespectful rate but Oldchap is downright twinky by comparison.

Code:
    Non-PL'er	Now	Then	Diff	Weeks	Avg

Demenzia	76	41	35	36	0.9722
    Lilnymph	112	53	59	51	1.1569
    Kasimir		123	58	65	51	1.2745
    Oldchap		112	32	80	51	1.5686
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

At least I get to beat Kas on something, that's not that bad.

Uh, what are these stats?
    "NOW" -is okay - but "THEN"? When was "then"? Methuselah's era?

Lil and Chap - heyyy gals, ya'd promised meh bettah than dat, so whatcha doin' huh?! Get yer lil' butts in here and start seriously werkin' on NOT levelling

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

lol

Guess this turned out to be a funny påost after all, hehe

Oh Demenzia, got to love that sig, however tragic it is

Xeph
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

hmmmm.....

dunno about ya'll....but im 107 and still using GA...i did a little test also....put on a full suit of CDS with guardian tank ((CDS was 170)) so i armored myself to the teeth...went to mort Ruins and did my thing pulling...uh...no...i adjusted my imps and started using GA1 again=)
    for the fact i have a Doc partner i team with 24/7m ((we are married ingame)) and oddly enough its hard for Cyborg Brigadier Generals to get ahold of me but..when they do it hurts like hell..only reason i miss the big AC ratio but to sum it up...GA is worth it even past 100 team wise ((doc is a must))..and ya i would be using a higher version if i could but i stick with what i got

Originally posted by Skeena

Well, I did the quick math on ymera, which only goes back as far as one year, to determine who gets the most levels per week on average. It would appear that Demmy is the outright winner by a good margin. Lil and Kasimir also level at a pretty disrespectful rate but Oldchap is downright twinky by comparison.

Code:
    Non-PL'er	Now	Then	Diff	Weeks	Avg

Demenzia	76	41	35	36	0.9722
    Lilnymph	112	53	59	51	1.1569
    Kasimir		123	58	65	51	1.2745
    Oldchap		112	32	80	51	1.5686
    You need to put me into that list too Skeena. I'm only lvl 60 and I started playing nearly six months ago. Wait, that means I've leveled about ten times a months. Hmmm, it'll probably be lower this month since I can't really get on.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

I still beat you, Suri. 77 levels in one year. Muhahahaha! I'm the lame Fixer anyway

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I'm a better Board Warrior than you are though!

Yeah, but I'm still recovering from a heavy postcount nerf *had more than 1730*, so I have excuses

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

aw....poor Demmy...like to see how those stats look now...bet I got you beat again
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Does this mean war, Kas?

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

War or not, I should have over 1k posts but I don't because of the nerf.

Sorry I did not get earlier back to say thanks for the advice. Of course, I am still lvl 57, still without any IP in MC and still undecided. But at least I know any mistake when I do decide will be from lack of judgment rather than lack of good advice and information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast