Thread: Apologetic Farewell

Apologetic Farewell

OOC

Dearest Friends,

It is with much sadness in my heart that I write these words. But let me begin with a thanks

Thanks to the friends I've made and all the outstanding people I've met. You all made this simple game an oasis in the desert for me, a sweet bit of escapism that always brightened my day and left me with a big goofey grin as I looked on into my monitor. I had some wonderfully happy times as we interacted, in some cases bonded, and in one particular case, met the woman of my dreams...

And now for my Apologies...

I am sorry to go, more than I can say in words. Please, don't think I didn't enjoy any of the moment's we all shared. I swear I'll never forget them.

As well, I apologize for letting you all down. Jon was created for the sole purpose of helping to promote RP in AO at a time when it was in fear of dying out. But there are to many great actors out there working their tails off to allow this to happen. Still I started a project some enjoyed and now I must end it so abruptly.

And you deserve to know why..

Someone very, very close to me passed away recently. The pain won't leave my heart, not even in my beloved oasis. I can't find Jon Grim, or any of the roles I've played easily, where one they were so distinct masks I wore or rather personnas I should say

So I must say goodbye. At least for some time till I can get it together. Let the wound close, so to say.

I'll be posting a few more times, appearing in game as well to say proper goodbies and tie up loose ends. The roles I have played were made special to me by all of you out there. THey hold a place in my heart as I guess Frankenstien's monster held in his

Again, Please forgive my absence. I feel strongly, however, that I will find my way back to the desert world, that Jon Grim and co. will come back to me, and that I will see you all again, not that you are obligated in any way to accept me back, of course

So...for now...I guess "to be continued"

Much appeaciation and love from the very bottom of my heart,
    J.D.
    Last edited by Jon Grim; May 7th, 2003 at 16:31:30.
    "Jon Grim,Omega News Network, mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"....I dont usually give my comm number out on the first date, Ms. Thorn.......but you did dig that bullet out of my shoulder."

OOC:

*shoots herself in the head*

I'll curse the moment I've laid my eyes on this post, but well...

If you need to talk or to vent, you know I'm here. Please don't let it eat you... drop me mail, ICQ, PM, tell, whatever! you know I'll answer. It's so very sad to see you go, but if I can be of any help of some sorts... let me know. I don't want to lose you too...

*hugs with tears in her eyes*
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

OOC
    (( I had wonder to your where abouts for sometime, lately I had been getting worried.

I know that the loss of anyone can be huge and it will take great strength to carry that loss for a time. However over time it does get a little lighter, just takes time...

I will miss you a lot John... good luck though, and anytime ya need an ear I am here. ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

It was great Jon, really good to meet you and I wish you all the best for the future. perhaps we will meet again
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

OOC

Take care, Jon.

Should you return, you and your publication would both be most welcome.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Unhappy OOC

J....

I have feared this thread for so long. You've been away, and I have heard about what happened. I was waiting for this, but I didn't want to believe it, hoping beyond hope that you'd be back with all of us soon.

I truly understand your grief, I think most of us do. We've all lost someone close, and we all know how crippling it can be. Just know that when you're ready for it we'll be here...all of us...the people who love you and want you back to this community.

You have given so much, and I personally can't find words for the things you've created that you let Lille join in on. The best roleplaying memories I have from this game...you were there...one way or another. Sometimes you weren't, even...you were just spoken of, and it was enough, because it brought the memories of the stories to me. Stories for the heart and mind.

I hardly ever answer on these goodbye posts. I don't really know why, but I don't even like them. They bring sadness to the people who cared for the person leaving. But I understand the need to do them, and in your case, I'm happy you did. Because I get to see that you're ok...even if grief lays heavy on your heart now.

Take care, J...if you want to talk, find me ingame, on MSN or whatever. And if you come back...let us know...because there will be friends awaiting, arms open, to welcome you back.

Love,

Player of Lille.

((Jon- I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad we got to have the little bit of fun we did and I'm sad we couldn't finish it. I will miss you man. I believe you know my contacts already, if not, I've PMed them to you. Good luck in whatever you do and I hope you find Jon Grim and Co soon.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

/ooc

All my best wishes for what lies ahead of you. Rest assured should you return one day, we will be here to welcome you. Till then, take care.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

sorry to see you go

((OOC))

Jon;
    I totally understand how you feel and I hope that there will come a time when you come back to join us again...

Be well..

Well, little bro.. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have had no idea what's been going on, and am sorry I couldn't be there for you...

I'll miss you greatly, you have no idea. I hope you can handle it all and don't forget you've got many a shoulder to lean on.

*big sis-huggles*

Love ya.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

:'(

OOC
    I am very sorry for your loss. I had no idea what you wer egoing through apart from some real life issues forcing a leave of absence. I sincerely hope that you can find a way to work through your grief and bring yourself to return to Rubika at some point.

If not, I send you my finest regards and hope that you succeed in whatever future endeavors you do. Thank you for the good times that we managed to create, and the friendship you gave.

I am sorry I am not very good with words at this point.
    Take care and good luck,
    Merryman and Co.

((J... just adding this note to tell you: read your PMs before you go, pretty-please... I don't have the strength to write much more in here anyway))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --