Thread: Idea: Xp into title

Exclamation Idea: Xp into title

I've read some 'tragic' stories about people loosing their titles in weird ways...

I have some suggestions, I have seen something similar suggested earlier so I'm not going to say 'it is all my idea'.

Actually I discussed this with Anti, we sat down and had a long chat about this whole pvp system and how it works.

1 suggestion:
    I think it would have been a great idea to have a pvp bar in addition to the xp bar (that has been suggested before I believe) so you can see how much you need for the next title. In addition to this I think FC should make it impossible or almost impossible to loose a title. Lets say that you loose some/half or all the points you need to be the next title.

One example, lets say that getting to freshman is 10 none titled people. And lets say that 1 untitled (with no kills) is 1 points. Lets say that getting from freshman to rookie is 100points. So you have to get 10 freshman to get your next title or 100 none titled guys. And apprentice lets say that 1000 points (you figure where I am headed I suppose, and this is just an example, so lets say they find a better way to calculate the points).

And this should go vice versa except if you loose you shouldn't loose your title, you'll just end up at scratch. I mean if you as untitled kills an apprentice you will be a rookie. Lets say that how much you loose depends on how many titles you and the opponent is apart. 1 title would be 10 points lost, 2 would be 100, 3 1000 etc... So loosing to a freshman while you're a novice would hurt more than loosing to another novice. What I haven't quite figured out yet, is how much you would loose if you're a freshman and looses to a novice for instance. It could go the other way too but that would make this system unjust for guys with a lower title. So maybe someone else can help out a bit there ?

But one of the drawbacks... Those with high titles will have to kill a whole bunch of people and it'll take time and also make people more careful... So that's why I say that they maybe can change it that you just loose some or the amount that the other person has saved up to their next title.

Another drawback is that there would be almost noone without a title and there would probably be some guys that want to sell a title.

But that's why I think they could also make the arena a place where you can fight without loosing and gaining points for the next title and make people unable to gain titles. Unless they are on the oposite side. That way the arena can be used to help people to adjust their character.

Another thing that Anti and I discussed was a decay of the title, so if you stay out of pvp for a long time, you'll loose your title over time.

I hope we can get a juicy debate on this issue, this is something I'd really like to see, and this will also be a system that will help players know where they stand. I also hope you come up with other suggestions and comments on why you don't like it and/or why you like it.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Re: Idea: Xp into title

Originally posted by Sjoko
    I've read some 'tragic' stories about people loosing their titles in weird ways...

I have some suggestions, I have seen something similar suggested earlier so I'm not going to say 'it is all my idea'.

Actually I discussed this with Anti, we sat down and had a long chat about this whole pvp system and how it works.

1 suggestion:
    I think it would have been a great idea to have a pvp bar in addition to the xp bar (that has been suggested before I believe) so you can see how much you need for the next title. In addition to this I think FC should make it impossible or almost impossible to loose a title. Lets say that you loose some/half or all the points you need to be the next title.

One example, lets say that getting to freshman is 10 none titled people. And lets say that 1 untitled (with no kills) is 1 points. Lets say that getting from freshman to rookie is 100points. So you have to get 10 freshman to get your next title or 100 none titled guys. And apprentice lets say that 1000 points (you figure where I am headed I suppose, and this is just an example, so lets say they find a better way to calculate the points).

And this should go vice versa except if you loose you shouldn't loose your title, you'll just end up at scratch. I mean if you as untitled kills an apprentice you will be a rookie. Lets say that how much you loose depends on how many titles you and the opponent is apart. 1 title would be 10 points lost, 2 would be 100, 3 1000 etc... So loosing to a freshman while you're a novice would hurt more than loosing to another novice. What I haven't quite figured out yet, is how much you would loose if you're a freshman and looses to a novice for instance. It could go the other way too but that would make this system unjust for guys with a lower title. So maybe someone else can help out a bit there ?

But one of the drawbacks... Those with high titles will have to kill a whole bunch of people and it'll take time and also make people more careful... So that's why I say that they maybe can change it that you just loose some or the amount that the other person has saved up to their next title.

Another drawback is that there would be almost noone without a title and there would probably be some guys that want to sell a title.

But that's why I think they could also make the arena a place where you can fight without loosing and gaining points for the next title and make people unable to gain titles. Unless they are on the oposite side. That way the arena can be used to help people to adjust their character.

Another thing that Anti and I discussed was a decay of the title, so if you stay out of pvp for a long time, you'll loose your title over time.

I hope we can get a juicy debate on this issue, this is something I'd really like to see, and this will also be a system that will help players know where they stand. I also hope you come up with other suggestions and comments on why you don't like it and/or why you like it.
    We had a nice little chat in the grid

This is pretty much as with xp but you can't "save" your kills.

How many points for each kill is pretty hard to decide for us, but we need to see how long it is to next title and to understand the system.

About people "selling" titles and/or helping their friends must be adressed ofcourse, not sure how but maybe something like if you get killed when you don't have anything to lose (0 points into that title) the other person won't gain anything.

Right now the title system work really bad, so start the discussion of how to change it to something better.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

What if we bump this a little so people can reply...
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

knowing how far into title = good

saving title = bad, what is the point then?
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    knowing how far into title = good

saving title = bad, what is the point then?
    The point is that some people wouldn't be so affraid so they don't dare to PvP just because they aren't close to a zone border.

Maybe it's enought with only knowing how far you are into the next title...

What does everyone else think?

Or anyone have a better idea of how we want it to work?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Noone else haev any ideas?

All other think the title system work good as it is?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

The point is that some people wouldn't be so affraid so they don't dare to PvP just because they aren't close to a zone border.

Maybe it's enought with only knowing how far you are into the next title...

What does everyone else think?

Or anyone have a better idea of how we want it to work?

Well if your scared of losing your title there is something wrong with you! Titles dont "get" you anything at all, I pvp because I like to. Yes I would be grumpy if I lost my title but oh well, just makes me go out pvp more to get it back hehe.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

Well if your scared of losing your title there is something wrong with you! Titles dont "get" you anything at all, I pvp because I like to. Yes I would be grumpy if I lost my title but oh well, just makes me go out pvp more to get it back hehe.
    Then it is something wrong with many people that PvP, I couldn't care less if I die, but alot of people do and that makes PvP alot more boring..
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Then it is something wrong with many people that PvP, I couldn't care less if I die, but alot of people do and that makes PvP alot more boring..
    Guess they care, but they don't care at the same time...

Silly I actually thought more people would agree to something like this...
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.