Thread: ADV post in need of consideration

ADV post in need of consideration

Adv needs: (btw, im a lvl 140+ rookie adv that duel weilds rider execs and has played since release but stopped playing my adv way back due to their lacking and my computers inability to lag it out in BS with everyone there now

1 ) Better 1 hand slash weapons( True 1 hand slash weapons not requiring heavy weapons=dark blue). Pistols and 2 hand slash need a boost as well.

2) Increase the power of duel weilding weapons that do fast but lower damage. As it stands if you use a q200 merchant executioner you hit fast but for a ton of 5, 15, 30 damage hits vs anyone with decent armor ( so then u take more damage from reflect/damage shields then u inflict on your opponent). ***Adventurer X hits for 20 points of melee damage***
    ***Enemy Y's damage /reflect shields hits you for 80 points of damage***

3) Also, I have mult weild maxed, speed maxed and yet I dont hit that much more often then someone with just 1 slower weapon, namely a hardcore AR or rifle which does great damage. As it stands if u duel weild you basically get one weapon u can wrangler on ( which still is sub parred vs other weapon platforms) and one weapon (offhand) that is far lower Q due to your offhand pops off if you die and are saved in another zone( zoning checks the requirements on your weapon and with rez effects your offhand de-equips). So basically you have pistol/slash users with already subpar weapons being further gimped. Change it so the game doesnt check your weapon skills when u die; therefore, you could wrangler on both weapons ( all other non-duel weilds would raise holy hell if they had to re-equip their weapon after dying).

4) Increase the absorb factor on damage shields, they absorb such a small that it is nearly useless. They absorb factor is only a 1 time issue anyway ( first time u take that specific type of damage and absorb it one time its gone) that upping the absorb factor wouldnt be soooo unbalanced.

5) Ok..... Change Sabertooth form to +100 run speed and not -100 run ..... I mean seriously, how many slow cats has the world ever known? heheh. Cheetahs are not known for their snail like speed and leopards for their gimped speed and agility. Vice versa, I think you should make sabertooth the top pvp form ( I mean come on, who will seriously pvp in dragon form as everyone knuckle head on the opposing force will shoot the big lizard first eheh . Add the run speed, maybe up the crit chance, add some agi ( just makes sense), and work around other ideas u got running in your heads. I also think morphed forms should be more resistant to root type nanos = Big phat cat would be harder to root then lil ol' 2 legged Johnny Kill Em soldier whom is running terminator style. Also, add a morph special atk = Maul which does X- Y amount of substantial damage( like a brawl ) and would also have a very high chance of disrupting nano casting.

6) Skill colors for Advs completely got worked over bad on release. I know beta is only beta but at least in beta it made sense that advs bow skill color was green and not light blue. I mean, the profession title is "Hunter" for one of the lower level titles and yet training the simplest weapon is hard? ehhe Then, bump the power of bows and put a bow buff in the game. The adv should be the jack of all trades but with the color of his skills his the jack of naught .

7) Need an update to free movement. Its the only true run buff we get and we get it early on. Put like a q130 ish run nano that ups run like 200 or such.

8) Possible put a nano type in the game that would summon wildlife to come to your add. = the Q120 version would summon a Black death cat or a wood wolf. Have this lock a nano skill so that you could only do it 1 time in X amount of mins or put some other sort of negative factor on this to balance it.

9) Melee special atks are substantially less powerful then range specials. The only good special atk for melees is dimach which is dark blue for most professions, Advs for one so that training it takes a take of ips. The ip investment would be worth it but the skill is only availible every 30mins and has a good chance of not working at all ( Cant tell you the number of times I hit dimach and nothing happens). Now that specials are capped at 40% u should increase the dimach timer recycle ( this would help MAs too)

10) Originally the partial deflection shields stated they would reflect partial amount of damage back on to the enemy and part of it off completely ( paraphrased), but all it did was add to your melee/prot AC for a short short time. I think if the parry shields actually did the originally reflect factor that would help with the times your rooted ( you can only use them every 5mins or so). Also, both the shields and the fast atk based inititive items have a very high chance of bugging the user = Hit the shield and when it runs its cycle your ac is lower then when you started. Same with the fast atk which raises your melee init but when it runs its timer out your speed gets gimped till you zone.

11) Work on the "Please wait till previous action is completed" deal when your fighting in pvp and your target runs out of range. Cant tell you how many times I fought someone in pvp to have that person run away (but not zone) so that I cant atk anyone else till I zone or relog ( which isnt good in pvp battles)

12) IP reset, the game is in need of a one time only ip reset to offset the crucial game changes that have morphed it and therefore gimped many of your trueist fans ( those crazy ppl like me that bought release version . Advs are one of those profs that got reamed bad ip wise and I think it would be good business sense nonetheless to appease your true gamer base. Making hte ip reset optionally and requirement taking off all your armor/implaints etc is the way to go and I dont see any problems unless somehow its too taxing to carry it out. If so plz say so as whether you do an ip reset will weight heavy on my staying when the next biggest game comes out soon.

(Extra) Just an extra thought but for kicks if you could put another morph in game that would rock= Like Hammer breeder form, Vulture form, Bilebreeder form, whatever. Just a thought

BTw, I put this in the envisioned section but then noticed that not many ppl post their so I put it here.....
    Last edited by Sargon; Feb 25th, 2002 at 18:35:32.

I think there is too much focus on the notion of skills and IP reset here. Riders are ok weapons, we aren't supposed to be as good as soldiers or enforcers. On top of that, there are dozens of viable weapons in the game, they just need get used

I'd mostly like to focus on morphs, in all honesty. I think the damage shields need a buff too... definately. But first things first, morphs need looking at. Most all people who can cast pit lizard or whatnot won't, as the spell sucks.

I'd like to see a focus on morphs first, as they define our class the most.

good post, sargon!

giganti; their arent many good 1he weapon in the game, maybe 2 good onces, bow splits (high crit) and rider ex(good damage, but 3 dark blue skills). Fast and low damage weapons need some "love", but first our morphs

Cool my replies(like i m someone important:)

1-yup yup.....real 1he weaps that re effective and some real pistols...not the joke we re getting at the next patch(i was using riders....rerolled just to use em.....and i m bored to death with em now...they re plain ugly lol)

2-WHAT ABOUT A DUAL WIELD SPECIAL ATTACK?
    (and 1he/pistol dual?)

3-erm.....we got the second best AR skill in this game as serena says....anyway.......why not take overequipping out of the game?
    oh sorry....i forgot ppl existed who just lived to powerplay..soz

4-yeah go go go!

5-as any adv says...boost morphs gawd....(i stil lthink when morphed we should take the stats&skills&attacks&specials of that certain animal and not use our own......it s just logical)
    (or let the morphs AFFECT our stats heavily and not slightly)

6-bows. who can resist em?

7-run buff.....buffffffff

8-another idea most of us re dying to see ingame

9-dont care bout dimach...it s not our specialty anyway....a dual wield special would be much more logical(methinks)

10-........

11-can only pray hard to see it gone.....

12-ip wipe............so many ppl are crying for it....(i rerolled everytime i thought i screwed up eh)

i was reading soldier forums and a sol said.......that they should be the only class to wield heavy AR.......yeah they re right.....and he was pissed off cause adv also carry steiner/flashpoint/nova s

he was saying that adv should have some sort of hunting rifle cause adv are hunters....(what about a rifle with both ranged and melee attacks? you know that even before our century some ppl figured out how to attach bayonets on their rifles....bah.....no......29th millenuim ppl dont know how to...they re stupid)

even another class wants us to have prof. only guns so GIVE US ADV ONLY GUNS(both pistols and rifles....and make em at least effective in pvm for f***ing silicone gods sake!!! adv>>>hunters )

we also need some sorta autocalm when morphed or a calm spell if we re not getting anything else....

a CAMP spell that lets us save outside cities(so we can really live outside) that locks something for sometime or has its own reset time or an item that we can buy for 1 time(no QL ffs) and it has its own reset timer etc etc

and the ability to make low tech medication from natural resources to help us live out in the country(even our ancestors from terra could do that millenia ago so we should be able to do that too......we re rangers dammit)

one last note......

i was talking to an enf(has also advent chs)

i was talking the adv=modern ranger talk again...

and she called us "rangers...yeah....PARK RANGERS"

she s damn right.....

is it all that we are....all that we can ever be?

If you write more than one sentence about how to fix adventurers, all you've done is waste your time and energy.

Seeing as how the only people that read/care about these threads are other Adventuers.

We all know that all funcom employees play Meta's.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

bump
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"