Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: become a better pvper

become a better pvper

help me become a better pvper.
    220/AI30
    AO Consortium updated 2.16.09
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: a good 150 enof could tnak all fo them
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: can i tank all of them?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are you enfo ?
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: are 150
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: no 41 doc
    [Shadows of Sanity] Besaidbuster: tehn noo
    [Shadows of Sanity] Omnomnomnom: =(

Practice makes wonders.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

ive practiced.

do you think that low hps are better? im talking now and within the next 6 months. not 6 months ago when it was uber.

for instance, i notice that AS/FA are lower at 8k hps. but then i get nailed for 1k doctor dots and nt's izgimmers triple and a 400 dot from mps, which eats me alive. plus at 8k as and fa are still 2300ish max. defenses for this?

would 15k hps be a nightmare? should i go 6k? pros cons, plx

what are the best hud/utility items to use nowadays? names/locations to get.

what items are absolutely needed. im assuming you will all say crit items, plx give exact names. yes i know what an ellts is. but let's be reasonable.

yes yes, heal delta, i know. lets move on now...

give me some tips on going NR fixer. does sws8 or 9 work just as well on BS? does sws8 or 9/ this strategy work just as well on tower lands?

yes i know that battlestation is different than tower lands.

perks im good in. wish we could get 3 or 4 more tho. im solitus so i have beta trained, along with dark kin and champion. of course full spatial displacement and all the other no brainers.

heres a funny story: tried kung fu mastery, for the following reasons. tremor hand, chance to stun. stun = good. it never landed. harmonize body and mind. 2-3k heal, crit decrease. would be nice. if you didnt have to have your hands empty to use it. too bad the perk description doesnt mention that..... 20 hours of my life lost.

what is the nano resist needed to resist nt nukes? i have 2400 with nr1, its not enough.

give me item names that reduce/kill blinds and dots.

ive read darks guide on pvp fixer. i have done 90% of it. some questions remain, he says to max body dev. is this necessary, because i have it at half and i have 8400 hps, w/ paragon. which brings me back to my previous question, is lower hps better? because all new items coming out these days add hps, funcom says they're going to fix the low hps 'problem', etc. plus if i get sighted by a couple agents or soldiers low hps doesnt do jack, as fa as fa as fa. it seems to me that eventually that we will have to all swallow this hard pill and go higher (or not raise body dev at all...) is pvp even harder at 9k, 10k, 12k, 15k, etc? if by some divine miracle i got 30k hps as a fixer, probably not possible ever but lets just say for the sake of the question, would i be so much more easier to kill than if i had 6k?

ive seen another post on this and ive noticed it myself, evades seem to be facked. some days i cant be killed, others everything, including fling shot and normal hits are hitting me, like i have no evades at all (with full perks running)

what is the highest evades you have without perks running? i have the new ncu from dustbrigades that adds to evades, what other items are good for this, does every little bit count or are evades like runspeed (cant go faster than 2500), is there a cutoff where it just doesnt do anything more for you? i have my evades maxed, for the record.

strategies on killing adventurers/nts/mps plx. the impossible to root peoples seem to succumb more to spin nanowebs. advs i always start out good on, but then they cocoon or evades up, one, and then the other. nts go down quick once you rip through that lame shield, but they nuke me to death before i can do that last little bit needed. mps i have a rediculous time with. engineers seem to be easier than i remember, as you can perk them as well as the specials (which they block), as well as 'take away' their pets with a good nanoweb, and even slow them down if lucky.

i really enjoy concealment. i have it maxed, i highly recommend it.

thoughts on albtraum items. how effective are these in pvp?

css vs. ofab vs. new dustbrigade armors? i think css is still best, your thoughts?

basically give me your thoughts on these questions, ask your own questions, and share info plx.

and if you're not going to help with information, not only for me but other fixers out there, dont bother replying, kthx.
    Last edited by Ariiadne; Aug 24th, 2007 at 12:16:51.
    220/AI30

gwaaaahhh lump of text @_@, but you seem to know everything just practice more fiddle with your setup and find whats right for you! hd is important kinda seemed like you shruged it off
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

delete and re-roll keeper, supposedly you can alpha anything and it's mamma

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I tried lowering bodydev but I didn't like it so maxed it back, have 9.3 now in full CSS.

Most fixers use gank and run tactics nowdays as I can see, which means maxed conceal, gank (we have 4 perks that could be started from sneak) and run if failed. I got master this way with 40% cap but got sick of sneaking around like a queer agent so resetted conceal back .

What I do now is stay max range (range increaser in hud1 is a must without conceal imo, 31M AS with that), snare/root ppl like crazy and make sure I stay mobile all the time (sd10 rulez). Root grafted fixer rushed by 3-4 ppl equals 1 dead fixer most of the time.

Runspeed has only a soft-cap at 2.5K meaning you'll still move faster above, just reduced by 1/10 or sthing like that.

Sws10 is a must, same with conc10 if you wanna go nr1. I have just a tad above 2500 NR self which helps a lot vs docs/traders/MPs but good NTs will still nuke you most of the time since all the nukes that count has lesser check than 100% NR (55% on Constant Barrage is seriously ****ed up if you ask me ). Make sure you ask for inf map since adv maps stay in your NCU upon getting killed even on BS. Inf map + nano repulsor gives me 2725 NR which is enough to start annoying most of the NTs .

NTs are gank and run really not much you can do, don't forget that if the NT doesn't press Q, you can use regular 275 healkits healing for a lot more than battle-prepared. I am planning to get the 50% blind resist from albatrum in case NTs are around. If they don't blind you, they are cannon fodder really.

MPs are easy untill they land SS on you: root the pets, kill the MP. If he lands SS on you, run, there's not a lot you can do during it.

Best advs I just ignore 99% of the time. I can only kill them if they insisting on killing me and won't run away after I land all the debuffs on them .
    Luck + debuff proc means capped FA around 50% of the time and you can only kill em with capped as+fa.

The only armor I'd consider wearing instead CSS is the ofab gloves since it heals you for more (132 HP) in 11s than the 30% on the +HP on it (105 HP), but since it'd put me below 1.9K AS and FA I won't use it.

So to sum it up: stay mobile, stay max range, root/snare everyone in sight and know when you can fight and when you have to run. Also don't forget to hotswap collar and paragon like crazy, that's the best "heal-on-demand" we have.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Max conceal.
    Reset body dev and you win.
    Dark1947 220 / 30 Fixer 1rst fixer AI 30 on Rimor

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Actualité Geek et High-Tech Place4Geek.com

Fixer Guides : Low HP setup, PvP and reflects-
    ----------------Tips & Tricks for PVP with your fixer against all profs
    ----------------QL 300 AI eye without burden & without gunship

Quote Originally Posted by Dark1947 View Post
    Max conceal.
    Do you press H then afk or ? ...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

dark you were the one who told us to max body dev in the first place rofl

(Abilities : Well max all abilites except nano pool if you lack of ip.)

also you say this

Notum repulsor lvl 1 only if you are AI 30 with nano combat 10 and LE researchs maxed you will need also use some more ip in nano skills to cast your stuff, you need to self all except SWS that you will cast with CM + Wrangle or just one of those if you raise it more.

but im solitus, so which is better - solitus beta for 5 500 tick team hot or nano combat 10? personally i love the hot, its saved my azz a lot in pvp. plus i can unperk something, perk nr1 after casting sws10, and then in 6 hours when sws10 is needed again i can unperk nr1 to recast sws10. the downside to nr1 for me is that i can only cast 15% evades and second best hot.

thanks to racatti for great info !! thanks to dark for great guides !!

keep the info coming
    we want stories, theories, techniques, styles, and any questions you may have!
    220/AI30

Max conceal.
    That's gay. Only good for title farming.

But than again, if you make a living out of it...
    Last edited by Racatti; Aug 24th, 2007 at 20:27:12.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

I only have some 9000ish HP with maxed body dev, and that's quite low enough for me
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

im solitus, im half body dev and i have 8400 (w/ paragon), if i maxed it i would have like 11k i thinks. do you think that is too much?
    220/AI30

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    That's gay. Only good for title farming.

But than again, if you make a living out of it...
    Kinda when there's nothing else to do ^^

11k sounds much, 9k shouldb be better

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Personally I think closer to 10k would be more comfortable, but as I'm neut that would mean either using sigil (losing 40 aao/aad) or using masterpiece bracer (losing 119 proj. damage, tho also gaining 20 aao/aad). wtb side change form!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I keep hearing this repeated over and over again: Get an Eye Wind Onehander to use in your off-hand. It adds Fling and AS, making it an indispensable tool in the fixer pvp world. However, you'll need to raise some skills you wouldn't normally raise, namely Shotgun, Fling, and AS. Best dualed with a KMP, BBB, or Tiig Beamer.
    Proud Member of Omni-Tek Cartel

5/4 of the American population sucks at fractions.

well you dont have to raise it much when you have full css on, so its not a big deal really, and AS is needed.
    220/AI30

Quote Originally Posted by thenerd View Post
    I keep hearing this repeated over and over again: Get an Eye Wind Onehander to use in your off-hand. It adds Fling and AS, making it an indispensable tool in the fixer pvp world. However, you'll need to raise some skills you wouldn't normally raise, namely Shotgun, Fling, and AS. Best dualed with a KMP, BBB, or Tiig Beamer.
    well lvl 90 fixer... is not something you could lern a lot about proffesion.. and for fixer that do pvp only good solution is Onehander and Hawk mk5, but that fling shot is pure crap.. AS lucks sometimes on evade proffs with reduced Critical.. but on docs and enf's it's good most of the times
    Phear the chiprel!

Max conceal.

Before or after you hit the afk macro.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Before or after you hit the afk macro.
    Fixer dont need macro they got meep

Fixer dont need macro they got meep
    meep = grid
    macro = outside BS

macro > meep

in BS
    Phear the chiprel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast