Thread: Gathering of Souls press release

Gathering of Souls press release -RK1

A long time ago Miravlix started a fair, where people could get free tradeskills and buffs, this was done to make the clans stronger. Miravlix later handed over the promotion duties to Calautica, but Cal's military duties meant he couldn't keep promoting it, for a while others tried to continue the event, but after a while it just died out.

Cal has tried in several ways to get the GoS going again, due to his other military commitments he hasn't been able to put his original plan into motiion, that of creating a GoS Foundation (Not a guild) with people from several organizations to take over.

Therefor Cal has handed over the GoS to Lord Llwain Lynx, a civilian and doctor, that has more time to spend on the project.

Lord Llwain has started to announce the GoS and will continue to do so. The event in it's current form is held every Sunday at 19:00 GMT in Old Athens Backyard 2.

Lord Llwain will also continue the effort to create the GoS Foundation, so a broad group of people from the clans can run the event for hopefully many years to come.

---[END]---
    Last edited by Miravlix; May 4th, 2003 at 03:48:50.
    Kind Regards,
    Steen Player of
    Miravlix, Cybrexx, Calautica, Llwain
    Founder of Gathering of Souls. RolePlayer, PvP'er, Quester, Socializer, Idler, Helper.

Hi! I know that there was an attempt to hold a GoS a week or two ago in a backyard in Old Athens. I don't remember the number. The backyard was home to a clan guild that wasn't participating in the GoS but uses it as a meeting place for its members. As a result, the clan's members were being asked repeatedly for buffs even though they were not participating and this created a lot of conflict and strife between the two parties.

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of this. I can't remember if that was the same backyard. Regardless, you should take steps to verify that the backyard you choose is not a meeting place for someone else.

Personally, I think the GoS is a wonderful thing and would like it to continue. I really think there are better places to hold it then a backyard though. Weren't there any other suitable locations? I can't remember the name of the gentleman who was running it. Perhaps it was Calautica but the name doesn't sound familiar. I suggested to this person either the pond at Bliss or the small shopping area up the hill from West Athens. Bliss has the distinction of being one of the only locations I'm aware of that still hosts an outside bank terminal.

I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor its certainly a positive thing to do on behalf of clan people .. especially those who don't have the support of large guilds.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Why hold it in a Backyard? why not hold it in a larger more public place such as on the bridge out side Old Athens, or in the square of Old Athens, Or at FT in Tir. or in the courtyard in Bliss. The list could go on, but I hope you get my drift.

A more public place setting would gather more people, and would be instant rememberance only after a couple times.

Just my thoughts.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

When I held it outside Old Athen I got hate tells too.

It doesn¨'t matter where I hold it, it will always upset someone.

As to others using the same BY as GoS, well, we are there 2 hours out of 1440 in a week, I would think there is room enough for a helpfull event like this.

BTW: The guild Diversity told us to f*ck off and threatned people that came to help, so I have no intention of being nice to them, since they werent nice about it to us.
    Kind Regards,
    Steen Player of
    Miravlix, Cybrexx, Calautica, Llwain
    Founder of Gathering of Souls. RolePlayer, PvP'er, Quester, Socializer, Idler, Helper.

I remember this from way back out on on the road outside of West Athen... where, among other things, a nice lady did a great show with all the emotes and their meaning

Hope to see it again. I'll definitely be there if I have time

Sorry to hear you had some people like that. I know it is hard to ignore such actions by those who just want to cause or make trouble.

The last GOS that I attended (I can't remember how long ago that was) was a spectacular event. There was a live dj, there where hundreds of attendies and yes, even a visit from CZ (I belive it was CZ, I will have to check the screenshots taken to verifiy later). I loved those events, and I wish all the success to you on this new endevor to re-create it.
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

I, too, remember the Gathering of Souls - GMs and ARKs visiting, Dai-Galean stopping by at one point. Cosmik too. Those were the days.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!