Thread: Missionable vs Boss-only loot

Missionable vs Boss-only loot

Let me start by saying that I am not a "professional" blitzer by any stretch. But, like any normal fixer, I do have a few people that I blitz items for, as well as the occasional blitz for cash items (be it stuff that sells well to shops or to people).

That being said, I started wondering what items were missionable (and therefore blitzable) and which were boss-only type loot. Some of it is obvious, like special versions of armor like Nova Dillon. Other things are not so obvious, such as various nanos.

Does anyone have a nicely compiled list of what is missionable and what is not? If not, I'd like to start one. I'll start with nano lines as they're the easiest, at least I'd think so. For example, our long HoTs are only available as boss/chest/mob loot and never as a mission reward.

If anyone is curious, the thing that prompted me to think about this is the Trader Maestro line of tradeskill buffs since I *finally* got enough B&E to open my QL 189 recepticles and now am trying to get the skill to finish the thing. I noticed that Maestro is not shop purchaseable due to it's QL, but have no idea if I could blitz for one to "tip" a trader for casting it on me or if it's boss loot only and therefore will have to find someone that has aquired the nano in other ways.

Hopefully I'll get some input on this topic. I can't be alone when someone asks me, "Hey, can you blitz me item-x?" and I have no idea if the nano or item is blitzable or mission only. Sure, a lot of this comes with experience, but it's tough to know them all, especially with unusual items and nanos.

Thanks for the input!
    Ghir - Atlantean Fixer

A list of boss loot-only items would be fantastic. I'd be able to figure out which things I'll need to pay through the nose for.

To add more info:

The Maestro line is missionable.

Also, I know that at least some of the Engi pets are blitzable. These are a few that I've gotten for one of my "regulars":

Extreme Prejudice Ql139
    Flawed Warbot Ql146
    Common Warbot Ql146
    Feeble Warbot QL156

I don't think it's necessary since we're fixers, but also all the "bootleg" nanos (summon crap that's not GA) line are missionable.. This is mostly meaningless, but I have noticed that these nanos sell for roughly 2x what others do at sub-QL 125 levels to shops, so it's a nice ssource of income if you're going to solo a mission anyway...

EDIT:

Oh.. it seems also that all AE-style MP/Crat/Engi nanos are missionable (Chants, speeches, and Sympathetic auras, respecively).
    Ghir - Atlantean Fixer

AFAIK, any nano that was in-game at the beginning is missionable.

Non-missionable nanos are:

Nullity
    Grid Armor
    most nanos added after 14.2 (except the MA Mark line, and low QL nanos)

And Ghir, I highly recommend you let someone else finish them; you really don't have IP to spend on tradeskills until 150ish. (If you're that high, do ignore me. )
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

well.. a startingpoint would maybe be http://virral.clansupport.com/ . they have a list over all nanos that aren't sold in stores.

A list would probably be quite usefull. Ain't seen it anywhere.

It's kinda hard to think of things that are unblitzable tho...

A few rather common items that you can't blitz are: X-3, Heavy sup, Div-9, Sleek cannon, Light sup, Albrecht tank, weapon receptacles (all of 'em), Aleph (or damn near impossible to roll anyway, I've never seen one), skin chips, web cloaks...

I'll try to add more as I think of 'em.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

I've started to create a spreadsheet of items that will attempt to detail what's blitzable and what's not. I'll be compiling data I find here and from other locations (such as the site that someone's graciously linked about nanos).

I'll get it out to you all as soon as I have something worth sharing.

Thanks once agian for the inputs
    Ghir - Atlantean Fixer

If you have any specifc items your wondering about post 'em here.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by nurka
    well.. a startingpoint would maybe be http://virral.clansupport.com/ . they have a list over all nanos that aren't sold in stores.
    Unfortunately that list is old.

As for Fixer nano's; our higher QL (QL80+ I think, starting with Shatter Bonds) snare busters can't be blitzed, same goes with the long HoT's. Team run buffs are also boss loot only, but who cares about those?

Do a search on Jayde's database (aodb.info) for nano's added after patch 14.whatever and it'll help narrow down all the new nano's not in Virral's list.

Old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any new info on this topic. Is searching for nanos > 14.2 a good way to tell if it is a boss loot nano?

Does anyone wanna share clicksaver logs?

Is there a blitzable or boss loot nano list out there that I don't know about?

Finding out what is "store-buyable" is easy with Itemsnet (RK1).

I seem to recall that there's a way to detect on blitzable versus bossable on nanocrystals (at least).

If the name of the nanocrystal is:

Nanocrystal(Summon Stupid Clip of Ammo) -- then it's blitzable

but if it's

Nanocrystal (Worthwhile Gun Buff) -- then it's not

notice the space character before the open parenthesis. If it's there it's a boss nano.

The other indicator I use is that all nanos in a line with level requirements are boss loot only except the first in the line.

Obviously interested to know if this is wrong.

Originally posted by Rapella
    I seem to recall that there's a way to detect on blitzable versus bossable on nanocrystals (at least).

If the name of the nanocrystal is:

Nanocrystal(Summon Stupid Clip of Ammo) -- then it's blitzable

but if it's

Nanocrystal (Worthwhile Gun Buff) -- then it's not

notice the space character before the open parenthesis. If it's there it's a boss nano.

The other indicator I use is that all nanos in a line with level requirements are boss loot only except the first in the line.

Obviously interested to know if this is wrong.
    I've read something similar (with regard to some agent nanos IIRC), except that the difference mentioned there was a space between 'Nano' and 'Crystal', so 'Nano Crystal' or 'NanoCrystal'. I can't recall which of the two would be blitzable and which not, but if there's any truth to this it shouldn't be hard to find out...

Moscatinka
    Fixer
    Rimor

I know for a fact that I can get "Nano Crystal (" when blitzing... That doesn't mean they are all blitzble.. But I havn't seen any "NanoCrystal (" items.
    Jasmine Ziakara but everybody calls me Jasziak
    Unit Member of The Mockers
    Perks - Armor

Want to be a Mocker? Ask me.
    Want to RP? Let me know.

Umm... Actually, I've rolled a couple (actually 2) of Alephs Gene, but you're right, they _are_ rare.

I think I'll check that when I log in to 100% sure of that.

EDIT: Yep, they are missionable. MTI Aleph 99
    Last edited by Takalon; Dec 22nd, 2003 at 22:47:05.
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Yeah, rare as rocking horse ****. I once pumped 150k into a mission term trying to roll one. Then I just bought it instead.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

hmm. no further comment. just passing thru...
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-