Thread: Specials need a timer!

Specials need a timer!

Solution to instakills put specials on a timer similiar to spells, Give NT's back Izgimmers Last Word. Make comparable Specials have recharge/attack delays similiar to Izgimers in that say a FullAuto should have a 20second attack time and a 9s recharge or whatever Izgimmers is.

Aimed shot same thing only the concealment check should be removed from it to make it a viable special.

Burst/Fling/Dimach Etc... all specials should have attack/recharge timers put on them in accordance with similair damage spells. If a max damage aimed shot is 10k then it goes on the attack/recharge of Izgimmers, If a Burst has 5k max damage then it goes on same attack/recharge as the 5k NT nuke i forget what it was called Izgimmmers little nuke i tihnk.

The potential damage needs to be calculated and scale according to the damge/delay of the weapon being weilded so as not to have a 20sec attack delay on a special of a 1s/1s weapon this will make faster weapons somewhat more usable.

Get rid of the long recharge times they are of no hindrance to anyone the current way the system works is to run into a zone burst/fling/fullauto and then zone out until your specials recharge and come back and do the same thign. This is not pvp folks this is whack a mole.

By having an attack timer it adds strategy to pvp knowing which weapons to use thinking ahead of when to use which special...no more zoning in tabbing the first thing you see tapping 3 keys then zoning back out.

Lets take the first big step at fixing PVP...IMO this is it...its not a nerf, it effects everyone the same all it does is add a little strategy to PVP and makes the fights last a little longer.

I know the soldiers will be against this becuase they wont be able to alpha strike anymore but fair is fair guys, you all have had it way to easy for way to long

If you support this idea please bump this post!
    Last edited by Turbulence; Feb 25th, 2002 at 01:10:18.

What's the point of having timers for attacks that are supposed to be special attacks added to your normal fire? Why spend ip for a gun with fling if all fling does is displace another normal shot? And FA? In 29 seconds I do more damage with normal shots then I do with FA, so why use FA if all it's gonna do is do less damage overall?

We have it easy? Alpha strikes don't kill anymore, they havn't killed in a loooong time. Could be you're living in the past?

Do we play the same game?
    Alpha don't kill anymore? well maybe not every time....

OK so I take it your a soldier then?

Alphastrike instakills everyone except Doc's and other Soldiers unless you are level 175+ which is about oh 3% of the population.

MKSheild/Alphastrike/Zoning is currently all that ever happens in pvp its lame, it needs to be changed IMO.

I don't think it's a good solution with long recharge and that, a special should be a extra attack, not take from the normal, but maybe change so you can't do diffrent specials within 1 sec, have some sort of timer so what you only can use 1 special every xx amount of secs, that would remove the insta kill, it would change so you have time to get atleast 1 shot in
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Fryli
    they can me if i am self buffed

40% x's 3

if i have more then selfs buffs then i am always sent to 2/3's - 1/4, unles i am fortunate enuff to get nullity up, which btw still is not fixed so lots of damage still gets thru

If your going to call for yet another soldier nerf why not come right out and admit it? This is a new one of course, do you want this added on top of the mirror shield nerfs everyone else wants?

Another drop in the bucket of soldier nerfs atm tho.

I myself havn't used FA in a long long time, not enough ip to raise it I'm afraid, and I get better results from an overequiped nova flow. I hear weapon switching was nerfed last patch so those soldiers who use a flashpoint for fling/burst/fa are stuck holding it for 20 or more seconds before their novaflow equips and they can shoot again.

So here I am a soldier who only uses a nova flow. I have burst and fling plus my normal shots. Normal fighting aginst mobs I do a maximum of 2000 for crits, my bursts never exceed 1700 (and often only do 600), and my flings are just another added extra shot. So for my mini alpha strike (lacking fa of course) I could do a max of 850 (for a burst that crits), 1k (for a fling that crits), and 1k (for a normal shot that crits).

So if I get 3 crits in a row I can kill someone, can we think of another circumstance where 3 crits in a row kills someone? Yes, Fryli with that shotgun will kill someone in three crits, it won't be instantaneous like mine is, but still pretty damn quick. I remember when I used to use a flashpoint (before weapon switching was nerfed). I never ever killed anyone with my alpha strike. I didn't open up with a fa cause it didn't do enough damage, I saved it till someone was already at 1/3rd health or so and switched guns and fired it off hoping it would kill them.

So really I could acheive the exact same result by using a shotgun and criting three times. It's not instantaneous but still pretty damn quick. And with a shotgun I don't have to spend ip on burst/fling/rangedenergy. All a vektor needs is shotgun skill to acheive the same result. Or I could go with a snakemaster and spend fling and aimed shot for some mighty nice instantaneous extra attacks.

It's crits that make the alpha strike an auto kill, not the alpha strike itself. Why call for soldier nerfs instead of crit nerfs?

And to top it off, bubba the lvl 150 soldier weilding a ql 200 flashpoint can hit for 20 fling, 20 burst, 20 fa (without a crit buff just as likely as 3 crits). I don't think we see nukes doing that.

Originally posted by Fryli

Hmm, not sure what you say here, if you mean that instakills dont happen anymore, or if you say it still happens... Anyway, instakills still happen, I got instakilled by Opiium a few days ago, Fryli was there btw..
    NT phone HOME!!

Sredni,

The thing is its not a nerf it effects all classes the same, its just taking another step to remove instakills form the game. With the 40% cap all Funcom has done is ensure that the only way to instakill now is to use a Flashpoint or similiar Burst/Fling/FA gun and this is pretty much what everyone is doing.

By making these changes it will make other guns more viable, it adds more to the equation. Which is better a gun that can FA in 5 seconds for 3k damage or a gun that can FA for 10k in 10 seconds.

Its also not a nerf because im talking about getting rid of the timer wherein you must wait 5-10 minutes for some specials to recycle with this method these specials would always be available, the only time you wouldnt be able to use them is during the recharge which would be relatively small like spell recharges are. No more 30 minutes timer for dimach and the like get rid of them all.

If healing was nerfed to half it would effect all proffs (yes even soldiers with our 200-300 heal)... but that doesn't make it not a nerf. When damage was nerfed it effected all profs, but it's still a nerf.

You don't see everyone useing flashpoints so as to use fling/burst/fa combo's because it's too expensive ip wise and you can acheive the same results by getting a shotgun. Most people you see wielding flashpoints are soldiers, and thus your nerf would effect soldiers most of all.

And I've been asking around and it seems soldiers can do insta kills with their alpha strike still. The ones who do are all lvl 150ish of course, so I'll wait till I'm that lvl and do so as well. I'm gonna do my best to insta kill as many people as I can, and I'm gonna do the zone/mirror/alpha comba ya'll despise that soldiers use. I despise the way doctors can outheal my damage, and I despise the way enforcers can grind me down while absorbing all the punishment I can dish out. I also despise the way mp's deal more damage overall then I do. Alpha strikes look to be about the only way as a soldier I'm ever gonna win a fight, and you want them nerfed. Of course I'm gonna speak out against this idea.

Originally posted by Turbulence
    OK so I take it your a soldier then?

Alphastrike instakills everyone except Doc's and other Soldiers unless you are level 175+ which is about oh 3% of the population.

MKSheild/Alphastrike/Zoning is currently all that ever happens in pvp its lame, it needs to be changed IMO.

131 enforcer, yet to be killed by an alpha strike since the 50/40 patch
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Guess you dont pvp much or you only pvp against greys lol.

Special attacks on timers would also come and effect PvM. If I don't burst semi-decent on a mob, I'm going to get nailed. Place tighter caps on damage if you want that, like say 30% or 20% with 100% damage back. Currently, almost all of the PvPers I see are low level traders with shotguns or bad arse enforcers.

You're trying to balance one end of the spectrum when the entire system is jacked.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

LOL turbulence, you sound like an ithica using meta.