Thread: Information tools.. are they worth it ?

Question Information tools.. are they worth it ?

Just wondering.. are the information tools worth the ip investment? I'm tinking about investing in perception on level 82+ when the cap hits.. but I'd hate to waste ip on a skill like perception if the information tools are useless at high level.

So.. anybody using these items ?

If I can't at level 100 find out with a level tool that a level 150 mob is level 150, and if it's aggressive or not they aren't much good when trying to find new places to hunt.

I only see one use for those tools, and that is if you are catalouging MOBs and thier levels, hp, nano etc... And for that you can just get a fixer to buff your perception along with any other stackable buffs like eagle eye (if eagle eye stacks with the fixer buffs, I've never used an information tool) or the others out there (dont really remember what they are called).

All tools except Information Tool - Life and Nano Points work like they are supposed too, I think. Information Tool - Life and Nano Points is boosted IMO, because I can't see what HP/NP a lvl 3+ mobs have with 420 Perception. lvl 1,2,3 work, but past lvl 3 I can't see anything and I get the "You cannot penetrate the concealment. The Life and Nano Point details of your target is hidden." message.

Information Tool - Agressive has pretty reasonable requirements. a QL 113 needs 256 perception and target consealment must be below 697.

Information Tool - Level QL 104 has pretty high reqs 418 Perception and target consealment must be below 532. So I don't think u'll be able to tell what lvl mobs lvl 100+ really are, since mobs have uber consealment anyway.

Guess I'll scrap that idea then. Thanks for the input.