Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Root Changes will Destroy pvp

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    damn im good, pre-emptive strike or what?
    Not really I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread.

As a non rooting class and a soldier, this doesn't affect me much since I couldn't break roots regardless, but I'm thinking of the other classes. Melee and short ranged weapon wielders won't stand a chance in pvp.

When it comes to MAs I pity them already, I _want_ to have at least the MAs to be a powerful class, hitting like normal. I mean a MA that doesn't hit me for more than my MK hit them for.. ehh... What's wrong with this picture?

IF you ask me, take away the roots from the ranged classes and give them to the melee ones, they are the ones that need to come close to get the kill.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Talking

Well 13.8 is live.

Who's going to be first to say "Snarf was totally correct?" :B
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Originally posted by Sjoko

Not really I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread.

As a non rooting class and a soldier, this doesn't affect me much since I couldn't break roots regardless, but I'm thinking of the other classes. Melee and short ranged weapon wielders won't stand a chance in pvp.

IF you ask me, take away the roots from the ranged classes and give them to the melee ones, they are the ones that need to come close to get the kill.
    oh right, so your a nerf caller. nerf the fixers!!! far too overpowered! so what about those who dont pvp? they should be nerfed even more so that you can remain a pvp god? ok.

but, hold on, ive got AoE burst now, so im uber leet, because it does 12 points of damage at lvl 60. i ownz j00!

mas are so screwed now, this is unfair on them, but hey, pvp is unfair on fixers too. oh, btw, good job on the ma fix FC lol
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by Snarf
    Well 13.8 is live.

Who's going to be first to say "Snarf was totally correct?" :B
    Well, im not so sure... I havent tried to fight meleers yet, but against Mantravadi roots was pretty useless, and BTW, he killed me withuot doing any dmg... I rooted him, got hit 2 times for a total of 600 dmg (he saw only one for 400 dmg), moved out of range (loosing him as target) then I die.... no dmg, no nothing... Weapons obviously has more range than 40m... and he got the message "Your target didnt....."

Roots breaks instantly when dmg is done, the higher ql roots is now totally useless, the best NT root now is the one you start with at lvl 1, Malaise of Movement...
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    oh right, so your a nerf caller. nerf the fixers!!! far too overpowered! so what about those who dont pvp? they should be nerfed even more so that you can remain a pvp god? ok.

but, hold on, ive got AoE burst now, so im uber leet, because it does 12 points of damage at lvl 60. i ownz j00!

mas are so screwed now, this is unfair on them, but hey, pvp is unfair on fixers too. oh, btw, good job on the ma fix FC lol
    No, call it last minute adjustments, not a nerf. But hey it still breaks so nm
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

It seems like the root changes didn't make much of a difference. With my NT I just cast my 2 point dot on myself (50% off for 1 pt of damage) and it breaks roots everytime, snares seem to take few tries sometimes.

As to my MA, I loaded her up on fingers of hacked prim viral agent. Seems to do the trick, haven't tried using emnity or bad blood on myself yet but it bet it will work too.

Seems that dots don't break roots from damage ticks anymore, just from the initial cast into the NCU. That's too bad for soldiers, I guess they are the only ones really effected since 1 hit healing's dot won't break roots anymore. Still with MK up, you take so little damage it's easy to let someone else break your root for you then zone.

IF anything roots are weaker now, with my NT roots would break v mobs about half the time with nukes. Sometimes I'd get lucky and get 4 or 5 nukes off in a row with 1 root. Now they almost always break with one nuke.

Anyway, all in all, the whole rooting issue turned out to be a non-event.

Yep, root changes haven't been problematic, because from what I can tell they havent changed at all.

I can still break roots with dots. Can still break slows with nukes even.. shrug! So much for those changes.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

woot

i got a legit way of breaking roots and snares as a fixer.

Aoe burst, it has a kickback on it, so it gives you 5 odd points of damage, breaks roots, sadly, it also does about 5 points of damage to the target...

kinda glad that the changes didnt affect too many ppl, because lots of ppl are unhappy with this patch...
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

note to my post above, whatever they did in 13.9 roots are now almost exactly like 13.6. They don't always break on the frist nuke anymore, and sometimes last through 3 or 4 as far as PVM goes, haven't tested PVP yet, but my bet is its the same.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    note to my post above, whatever they did in 13.9 roots are now almost exactly like 13.6. They don't always break on the frist nuke anymore, and sometimes last through 3 or 4 as far as PVM goes, haven't tested PVP yet, but my bet is its the same.
    I was pvping against garzu earlier today, and while he rooted me several times with ball of chain, it snapped instantly when I took damage. Which it never did before.

Which is good I think cause now you can use roots to get away not to get a target to stand still and stare at the sky for 3-5 minutes.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

But now we need the soldier MK shield to root the Soldier, just as Nullity roots the NT, that way we will no longer have the lame ass tactics of zone, MK up, alpha, kill, run, zone, recharge, recycle, repeat.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    But now we need the soldier MK shield to root the Soldier, just as Nullity roots the NT, that way we will no longer have the lame ass tactics of zone, MK up, alpha, kill, run, zone, recharge, recycle, repeat.
    Nah, soldiers are supposed to be able to chase their enemies, while an nt has those 19 seconds of invulnerabillity so they won't die.

There's a slight difference when you're a tank using it as your offence, while NTs use it as defence.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123