Thread: "Pet" Peeves

Angry "Pet" Peeves

• Funcom claimed that in 13.0, pet path-finding would be fixed, or at least improved. So gradually, I've gone back to playing my puppeteer characters. If anything it's gotten worse.

Let me give you an example: you know that fairly common room design in cave sets, roughly triangular room, pillar in the middle, "doors" on the two short sides? No force on earth can persuade an Anger Manifestation to enter such a room. No matter how slow I walk, or how fast, or which way I go around the pillar, it never leaves the previous room. When I "/pet follow," it claims it's following me. When I got to the next room, it is not only not with me, it is no longer responding to commands because it's out of range.

This led to a couple of situations where I pulled the mob, ran back two rooms to where both my pets were waiting, and then they helped me kill it.

Which finally raised the question in my mind:

Why can the bloody mobs follow me, but my own pets can't?

I mean, you'd think it'd be the same code, right?

If this can't be fixed, and I mean fixed pronto, then I have to agree with the people who say that, as a temporary work-around, we need a command "/pet teleport" or "/pet summon" or something to bring them to us.
    • Healer pets shouldn't attack. Attack pets shouldn't complain about not being able to heal.

When I issue a "/pet attack" command, only the attack pet should obey it. When I issue a "/pet guard" command, the attack pet should attack anything that attacks me. Either way, the healer pet should continue to monitor and heal whoever or whatever I told it last to heal.

When I issue a "/pet heal" command, the attack pet should ignore it.
    • Does the "/pet cycle" command actually do anything?
    • We desperately need a set of key combinations to select our own pets. This is particularly true given that there is a bug where sometimes pets are friendlies, sometimes they're mobs -- that is to say, sometimes you can only select them with ctrl-tab, other times with tab. (Mostly the former, which I gather is what was intended.)

May I kindly suggest shift-F1 through shift-F3 or whatever?

umm try a macro

/macro heal /pet <petname> heal

/macro attack /pet <petname> attack

works for all the commands..

what bugs me is when I tell my healing pet to heal and he says no.. apparently you have to be standing NEXT TO THE TARGET .. that is dumb