Thread: Item Retrieval Mission Bug

Item Retrieval Mission Bug

I have reproduced this even though I didn't really want to.

If you put the item ANYWHERE but your inventory, it seems the terminal where you got the mission from will no longer accept it.

I now have a bunch of stuff I didn't want. Sigh.

Yeah, this bug is several patches old.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Ok, then take it out of your bags, put it back in the main inventory and THEN try and give it to the terminal. I think that this is the same bug as in the shopping terminals, where they won't accept the item to sell unless you take it out of the bag (if it was the mission item).

I had this problem, and tried the fix that slimebot suggests, but it didn't work. Did anyone else have any luck, or is the mission broken forever if you move the item out of your inventory?
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

So THAT's why that one mission of mine didn't work. DUH! I'll have to remember to keep those items in the main inventory. Damn and there was a nice reward for that mission too.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by Hukk
    I had this problem, and tried the fix that slimebot suggests, but it didn't work. Did anyone else have any luck, or is the mission broken forever if you move the item out of your inventory?

No, it never works. You end up with whatever the mission item was.

Find and retrieve missions never work for about half of my characters. Even trying them with older characters is waste of time but some of the newer ones actually can finish all those missions.

Took a bit to figure this out though, and I wasted some time trying to figure out who can do them and who can't.

Yeah, even with brand new characters its problematical. I've recently been duped of the mission token only.
    As soon as I pick up the mission item I get a mission complete sfx and get the exp/cash/item but not the mission token.

I also heard you should not "look" at the item before delivering it. Have not tried to confirm this recently, as missions take a long time now.

So for now : Use bags to make room for the item in the main inv until delivered, and dont "look" at it.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !