Thread: Another Tuesday

Cool Another Tuesday

Otori's Personal Log

Date: Tuesday, April 29th 29477

Ah man, rolled out of bed late again today. Oh well, I guess its understandable as seeing that I upped myself another step in my chosen profession last night. Well, I guess it's not really chosen as much as it is forced with the planetwide conflict only increasing in tension level. And now, with the rumors flying that a group of nanomages are close to opening some sort of portal into a crazy netherworld, things are only bound to get worse. Sometimes I yearn for the good 'ol days teaching at the University. Instilling the theorys of thermodynamics, astrophysics and cosmology to the young minds of Rubi-Ka. Seems like the kids today just want to kill things and each other at the Tir arena. I must be getting old. Yes, yes, I am getting old trying to adjust to a life of Adventuring around this dusty old world. I think....no, I KNOW I'm going to do something a little different today. I'm gonna get those kids off the streets, into a place a bit safer where they can vent their anger and rebellion in a more constructive way.

*Flash Forward to 8PM (EST)*

Slowly I tread up the long ramp, deliberatly rubbing my freshly shaved head. As I near the top of the ramp, my boots clang on the freshly cleaned glass floor. The echo sounds eerily like the sound of my SOL's being sharpened and is only amplified by the pure vast emptiness of Reet's Retreat. The green glow in the GSP Lounge seems a bit "off" tonight, dimmer for some reason. And then, one of those awkward moments where everything falls silent...silent for everybody on Rubi-Ka....like when you are in a crowded room, with lots of chatter and for just a brief moment everybody stops talking all at once.....my mother used to tell me that meant an angel just passed through the room. I head down to the bar and pick up a rugged whisky and coke, dim the lights down to a hum and just sit on the couch for a minute....eyes closed, I take a deep breath and let out a big sigh. Now and only now I get down to business. I flip the equalizer on, cut out the mid-range and crank it high on both ends. I miss strobes....strobe lights make you dance....strobe lights make you WANT to sweat when you dance....they add to that stale smell of artificial fog mixed with sweat so common in Old Earth Raves. I flip the strobes on 3/4, put down a Groove Coverage vinyl 12", flip the mixer volume to 10, and decide the right side of the EQ needs to come down along with the midrange. I let the bass fill my every fiber, every bone in my body. And now I am truly free of the oppression on Rubi-Ka. The bass, the beats, and the melodies set me free.

OTORI'S ABYSS REETS RETREAT-GLASS DANCE FLOOR 8PM/7PM EST/CST EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT

A GRIDSTREAM PRODUCTIONS production
    Last edited by Otori; Apr 29th, 2003 at 19:28:50.

Did I forget to wake up, no I did wake up... where am I? oh yeah the Reet's Retreat. How could I forget, with the people dancing everywhere and waiting for the Dj to come? Must be getting hit in the head too long, or maybe all that dying is finally getting to me. Aw, there is Otori.... slowly rubbing his head and setting things up. Hmm... makes me wonder...

Why am I here? what brought me into existence and made me come to Rubi Kai? Was it the fun of life and the thrill of the hunt? no... Was it the attractive women? no... Was it gridstream and the fun cool parties and rocking with Gridstream productions, and also listening to poor katieblu get put on air by Otori when he needs to take a break for a couple minutes.... YES.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"