Thread: Yet another GA thread ;)

Yet another GA thread ;)

Been lurking on here for awhile, even before I started playing AO 3 weeks ago. First post tho .

So, I end up with the instruction disc for Grid Armor MK1 in my hands tonight. I asked what I should do with it, and got a ton of replies (and even more asking to buy it off me).

Basically I wanted to get the opinion of the general fixer populace... should I hang onto this? Since I don't exactly have free IP, and haven't ever put any into MC, I can't see myself using it anytime soon. Also, 2 friends started the game with me, and any infusion of cash would be good.

On the other hand it is pretty rare and useful. I just don't want to pump MC like mad and then find out MK1 is useless to me and then need MKII.

Any advice?

Actually you will probably find that MKI is useless and II is the way to go. GAI can die out on you pretty quickly whereas for some reason GAII can last a lot longer without an update. I'd suggest selling the GAI which is exactly what I had done. I sold it for 90mil and was able to have lotsa fun with all that money. I even managed to buy a GAII with 55mil of that.

By the time you can use GAI effectively, if you've been neglecting MC, it'll be pretty close to equipping GAII. Now with GAII when you get near GAIII you could probably skip it and go right for IV. GAI is really the only one that gives out on you after awhile. Plus leveling from 50ish to 100 shouldn't take that long unless you're really into not doin combat related stuff.

And personally if a GAIV ever fell off a boss and I didn't have it I'd sell it in a heart beat and split it with the team since I find cash is a lot better than a rare item.

Originally posted by Njain
    And personally if a GAIV ever fell off a boss and I didn't have it I'd sell it in a heart beat and split it with the team since I find cash is a lot better than a rare item.
    If your absolutely sure that you never want to use GA, then yes that makes sense. After you get GA IV, your need for cash is pretty much gone aside various maintenance costs like tips for buffs, implants perhaps, treatment labs and nano chargers, etc. I hardly spend much cash anymore, and if I need money, I only have to run a 75% mission and do some looting to be back in the black again for awhile.

Cash is tough early on, but after 100 it's no big deal. And unless it's a rare item, most team mates only grumble about you looting if it's slowing down the team's pace.

I would say sell it since you clearly want to help your friends out ^-^ And btw that is very nice of you. At lower lvls if you follow the tips that all these wonderful people have given about blitzing you should be able to create a steady income. At higher lvls it seems that GA II is something that makes blitzing much easier.

All the advice I can give you is: delete it! its eeeeebil! Seriously, it depends on your intended playing habits. If you plan to level up fairly fast, I would say sell it. If you like to take it real slow, GA is great, but you'll be made into a junkie who needs new fixes at regular intervals.

For all smurfs out there; you got a sick GA fetish you know that? You need to get help!

Sponsored by GAA [Grid Armor Anonymous]
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Originally posted by Seraphael
    All the advice I can give you is: delete it! its eeeeebil! Seriously, it depends on your intended playing habits. If you plan to level up fairly fast, I would say sell it. If you like to take it real slow, GA is great, but you'll be made into a junkie who needs new fixes at regular intervals.

For all smurfs out there; you got a sick GA fetish you know that? You need to get help!

Sponsored by GAA [Grid Armor Anonymous]
    ok i admit i am a GA junkie
    started when i looted GA1, than HAD to have GA2, then GA3, which i just got into. I think i can live with GA3 for quite some time as i am now 128 and with a decent team have no problems doing even ql 220 missions.
    But i know in the back of my head i hear screaming for me to start huntin for GA4. I am fighting the urge though and hopefuly it will just fall in my lap 1 day.
    not shaking too badly with lust for ga4 atm.
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Sell it...

GA is like crack...once you equip it you will NEED GA II,II,IV. Look at Tasker1.

I'm assuming, since you just started playing, that you have no access to large amounts of credits at this time. So unless you are EXTREMELY blessed, don't count on finding any of the other GA's or even buying them, because they are extremely expensive (well, maybe with the new patch they will drop more frequently...even still, expect to pay 70-700mill for GA II-IV).

I would sell the GA I, since it's really only useful for PvP twinks...if you equip it, you will find that it may only last you to about level 80-90. The 60-80mill you make off selling it will last you and your friends for a long long time.

I found PPPE (shape hard armor) and sold it for 80mill. I almost kept it, but atm, the only useful armors you can make with it are Carb and Junkmetal...both of them are good lowbie/twink armor. I would also have to level an Engie high enuf to make the armor...which at the time was not something I really wanted to do.

The 80mill has been doing me extremely well. I was able to equip myself with the best equipment at all levels and have plenty to help out my newb friends that just started. I level fast now because I have no worries about money.

Not everyone gets addicted once they get GA. I was (a LONG time ago) given GA MK I by two of the nicest fixers around (Super huggles to Nettie and Knightwulf for that). I used it for a bit (read, longer than it takes most people to level from 1 - 200 now a days) and have since gone back to normal armour.

However I would guess I am quite rare in this

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    However I would guess I am quite rare in this
    Your words, not mine. But, I agree; you're "special".
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Thanks for all the advice. After the first few messages I posted the item in question on the Rimor market, might ask in game as well. After checking the thread again, I can see that the overwhelming majority are for me selling. Just hope I can get a decent price, then I'll take my friends out Yalm shopping .

-hands Zlanth a button saying "Really Good Friend"-

The fact that you're not letting greed get to you is wonderful. We need more people like you in AO ^-^

Being nice to them? More like paying them back, for the years of suffering I've bestowed upon them .

GA is great, but you'll be made into a junkie who needs new fixes at regular intervals.

GA is like crack...once you equip it you will NEED GA II,II,IV
    ok i admit i am a GA junkie
    started when i looted GA1, than HAD to have GA2, then GA3, which i just got into.

well sure!
    I remember uploading gridarmor MK II. I rushed out to Last Ditch (i think) and killed the Bronto Chef guards ^_^
    "OMFG this is so cool, they can't touch me!"
    Though it has gotten kinda borring. Part of the fun of a MMORPG like this is upgrading your character. That endless quest to upgrade your armor, or get that uber shoulderpad, or rings.

With GridArmor, you can't do any of that! Its that same stupid blue texture error day after day...

But on the other hand, you dont have to worry about getting new armor. Or search for new armor.

which makes me think...

You call GridArmor a drug, that once you have it, you'll want the next, better version. Of course! If you were wearing some 150 CDS, wouldn't you strive to get a set of ql200 CDS eventually?
    Damn strait.
    Its armor. Jack went the Agil/Sense route. Jill went the MC/MM route. Jack stives to upgrade his armor. So does jill.

But I digress.

After that first time you try out grid armor, and discover nothing can hit you, lol...who woudn't want the next version after leveling up!
    It's all about being self sufficient in my case. Who needs a kill team when you have grid armor. You can waltz right into a boss camp, drop the boss, and moonwalk your way home if you want - who cares, the mobs cant touch you!

but yeah, ditch the GA1, save up for GA2 or spend the credits at your leisure =)
    btw, dont pvp with it, lol
    Last edited by Karrd; Apr 30th, 2003 at 06:06:23.
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow