Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why PvP should just be turned off from Lv 75-130.

Exclamation Why PvP should just be turned off from Lv 75-130.

I'm a level 95 soldier on RK 2 casting my "uber" TMS MK 4 with QL 125 implants and QL 110ish Armor + Coat. I have a Freshmen Title that I earned a while ago in the 40s before Alpha Strikes were nerfed (since 13.5 the Fling - Burst work fine but the Full Auto will do like 75pts damage--guess the whining worked). I digress though.

I sarcastically suggest that once you get to level 75 and until you reach 130 you become immune to PvP. Why? Because after several weeks of PvP I have only ONCE had a chance to fight someone within 80 levels of me. ONCE! I guess it might pick up on the weekends but during the week it blo......is not fun.

I end up doing the following as it is:

1. Go to 2HO (more Omni Friendly). Hide in one of several locations and watch for "intruders". 5-45 minutes later a level 150+ something will zone in and I’ll hop in my yamaha and fly away. Why? Because with 60+ levels advantage even a MA can take ya.

2. Go to MMD. Look around and see no one. Wait and try to hide uptil "Trystar", my arch enemy, a level 180+ Fixer shows up so I can get back the Omni-Ent faster then normal.

3. Let res effect wear off.

4. Return to MMD and fly to Mort. Fly over the 75% static dungeon area and tab through the 20 clanners my level who are safely leveling in a ..did I mention..75% pocket of gas.

5. Fly over borgs to see if I can roleplay a griefer and get killed by some high level clanners while they were trying to hunt. Find No one.

6. Guild mates show up and suggest we go level...I put the yamaha into full throttle.

This has been my last few weeks. I know there are clanners out there but just like most of my level 75-130 Omni counter parts they are leveling to the required 130-160 range before they are going to get involved in the PvP battles.

So if PvPing from level 75-120ish is going to just involve me getting owned by a level 150 something that is doing the PvP zone circle looking for me then turn off PvP until I’m level 125 with TMS MK 7 and a QL 189 Nova...etc..etc.

/sarcasm off

Re: Why PvP should just be turned off from Lv 75-130.

Originally posted by Meligant

1. Go to 2HO (more Omni Friendly). Hide in one of several locations and watch for "intruders". 5-45 minutes later a level 150+ something will zone in and I’ll hop in my yamaha and fly away. Why? Because with 60+ levels advantage even a MA can take ya.

Cz, Devs are you reading this??? This is why the MA needs to be fixed right in this patch.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Re: Re: Why PvP should just be turned off from Lv 75-130.

Originally posted by Takuan

Cz, Devs are you reading this??? This is why the MA needs to be fixed right in this patch.
    LOL... I use to say Fixer until I met Trystar

There will always be someone bigger and bader than you. Gives you motivation to level up.

You think you should stand a chance in a 1v1 fight vs someone 60+ your level? Get real and whipe the tears away.

I sarcastically suggest that once you get to level 75 and until you reach 130 you become immune to PvP. Why? Because after several weeks of PvP I have only ONCE had a chance to fight someone within 80 levels of me. ONCE! I guess it might pick up on the weekends but during the week it blo......is not fun.
    Maybe they should change so lvl 75-110 can't be attacked by high lvls if they don't attack first, turning PvP of is abit drastic, just stay out of 25% zone.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Yeah, I used to pvp when I was lower level. As soon as I turned level 75, I knew there was no way I could go anywhere near a pvp zone.

At level 112, I still wouldn't enter a pvp zone, not to fight anyone. I don't have a chance in hell of beating someone 50 levels higher than me.

Megabio

Re: Re: Re: Why PvP should just be turned off from Lv 75-130.

LOL... I use to say Fixer until I met Trystar

Trystar is good in PvP only because he is the highest on the server and uses a suppresser for PvP with Duck Exp. Fixers still suck in PvM without grid armor.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Spyder9
    There will always be someone bigger and bader than you. Gives you motivation to level up.

You think you should stand a chance in a 1v1 fight vs someone 60+ your level? Get real and whipe the tears away.

If I shouldn't stand a chance then what is the point? Sure it give me incentive to level up but until then it makes PvP boring as hell for me being the chum that has it get owned by whatever 150 something that comes into town. I'm not asking to stand a chance vs a 150 MA. I just don't want to have to dance with him in the first place.

Actually, I just don't understand why someone with 100+ levels on someone is allowed to kill level 70-90s with near impunity and actually get "rewards" like title points and soon pinkies.

In the end, what is the point of being able to PvP at level 90? Everyone on the dam server goes off and levels in safety until 150 anyway.

Originally posted by starknaked
    Yeah, I used to pvp when I was lower level. As soon as I turned level 75, I knew there was no way I could go anywhere near a pvp zone.

At level 112, I still wouldn't enter a pvp zone, not to fight anyone. I don't have a chance in hell of beating someone 50 levels higher than me.
    You said it! I'm 100 now and working up to 150 like a rat with a rocket up his....on his back. When I can weapon switch at level 155 and use TMS MK X, I guess it will be time to play the game again. Sad huh?

You said it! I'm 100 now and working up to 150 like a rat with a rocket up his....on his back. When I can weapon switch at level 155 and use TMS MK X, I guess it will be time to play the game again. Sad huh?
    Sad? no not really, the lvl 155+ soldiers have worked and lvled to be best, why shouldn't everyone else have to do the same?

They are better, and they are better cuz they have worked hard to get there.

At lvl 100 you can still have alot of fun in PvP, usually there are atleast 5-6 of every side there so you can often get hits in without even getting hit.

Ofcourse you can't just zone in and start killing everything and think you will survive, but the highlvls can't do that either (except the soldiers, they can do it for 1min) I need a team to have any chance in PvP.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I think PvP needs to be rethought. At the end of the day we're at war with each other, and we need to fight. Imho I think levels should account for nothing, ie lvl 150 should be able to attack any lvl and vice versa in certain areas. Then there would be a requirement to have groups on each side to balance the conflict, NOT a team, but groups of at least 10 individuals willing to fight the enemy. In war you do not get 1v1. All ganging up on one victim is the best way of sytematically destroying the enemy. The higher level characters and meds typically need to be targetted first.

This is not an invitation to flame, but please reply with your thoughts.. I think we should have PvP brought up to date.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Sombra
    I think PvP needs to be rethought. At the end of the day we're at war with each other, and we need to fight. Imho I think levels should account for nothing, ie lvl 150 should be able to attack any lvl and vice versa in certain areas. Then there would be a requirement to have groups on each side to balance the conflict, NOT a team, but groups of at least 10 individuals willing to fight the enemy. In war you do not get 1v1. All ganging up on one victim is the best way of sytematically destroying the enemy. The higher level characters and meds typically need to be targetted first.

This is not an invitation to flame, but please reply with your thoughts.. I think we should have PvP brought up to date.
    I'm all for getting ganked while my fellow Omni Soldiers take the fort and....WTF am I saying? There are no goals to die for!

Well, I agree with your point. When we actually have in-game goals like forts and maybe credit rewards once an hour for taking control of them...then at least I would feel better knowing that we took the fort. Until that day however, PvP at levels 75-120 will mean squat ;(

Thumbs down wuss :P

ya... um u really need to rewokr yourself first to possibly stand a chance against ubers u need to be uber adn u are not, u use mk4 ar lvl 95 110 armor and 125 imps .... thatz bad im lvl 65 and have almost the same stuff im close to mk 3 have ql 100 armor adn ql 125 imps u didnt say gun ql but i assume itz not uber i agree pvp should be worked but it wont be so fix yourself up and deal with it

lol, well reetard you are indeed aptly named, grats.

i'll agree it's no fun at lvl 100 when any old lvl 150 can zip by and smear you in 3 shots. If they kept lvl restrictions however the high lvl players would have nobody to fight. Nothing to do whatsoever, cause there arn't enough of em to fight eachother. Who know's what the solution is, but it can't be to make the high end game even more boring I'm afraid .

Re: wuss :P

Originally posted by reetard
    ya... um u really need to rewokr yourself first to possibly stand a chance against ubers u need to be uber adn u are not, u use mk4 ar lvl 95 110 armor and 125 imps .... thatz bad im lvl 65 and have almost the same stuff im close to mk 3 have ql 100 armor adn ql 125 imps u didnt say gun ql but i assume itz not uber i agree pvp should be worked but it wont be so fix yourself up and deal with it
    I'm a solitus soldier not an ugly atrox. So I’m sure that being atrox your able to get a few more QLs of armor that I am not.

1. I used QL 90 Str/Stam implants and IC to equip my QL 110-116 Armor. I guess I could have gone with an enforcer buff as well but I only had 110-116 armor to equip at the time. ACs haven’t proven to do much so I don't think it really matters much if I have 2400 ACs or 2900 ACs.

2. To Use QL 125 Implants I had to get all sorts of buffs (+20, +80 Doc, +12 Intel, +97 from QL 90 Surgery Implants, +28 from 2 sleeves - so I didn't have to take my armor back off). I did all that to meet the 605-611 Treatment req on the implants. Anything more would have been an exploit would it not? I'm not into having to cheat to PvP.

3. I'm 101 now and use TMS MK V with implants for T&S and MC.

4. I use a QL 148 Nova ATM. In 6 levels my AR will be high enough to get wrangled into a 177 one I have lined up.

5. I'm not saying I’m "uber" but I’m damn sure I should be "viable" with this level of equipment. It's not like I'm wondering around with QL 30 implants and a Flamethrower.

6. My point is even IF I was even more Super Twinked then I currently am it would NOT matter vs a level 150 whatever. Once I’m level 155, I'll return to the PvP scene and be one of the high level players roaming from zone to zone looking for some gray to kill. Can't wait

Pvp is fine as it is, I got titles after lvl 80 with my soldier because I was always raped by twinks in the arena at lvl 30-50.

I never used overquiped weapons to be able to switch from my dual shotguns to a flashpoint and my armor was self equiped.
    I went several times in 2ho after lvl 75 and always killed more players than I died (generally it was 5 kills for 1 death).
    I also never got any external buff when going out to pk (the harder the fight is the more fun I have).
    I've always killed all the overequipped novaflow soldiers I met btw.
    The highest player I killed was 35 lvl higher than me.
    My soldier was designed to kill players but really sucked in pvm

turn off pvp from 75-130 because it's too hard? you obviously never played Asheron's Call...especially not on the Darktide server...at level 75 you are still a n00b as far as the creators of the game are concerned....pvp isn't any more difficult at 75 as it is at 130...and as soon as you impose a restriction like that, you take away a large target of the population that the rest of the people 75-130 actually enjoy the challenge of fighting...

and before anyone goes off crying about alpha strikes and such, if you haven't figured out how to outmaneuver an alpha striker...don't go to pvp zones...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Originally posted by Ukkonen
    turn off pvp from 75-130 because it's too hard? you obviously never played Asheron's Call...especially not on the Darktide server...at level 75 you are still a n00b as far as the creators of the game are concerned....pvp isn't any more difficult at 75 as it is at 130...and as soon as you impose a restriction like that, you take away a large target of the population that the rest of the people 75-130 actually enjoy the challenge of fighting...

and before anyone goes off crying about alpha strikes and such, if you haven't figured out how to outmaneuver an alpha striker...don't go to pvp zones...
    It appears my sarcasm is wasted on some.

Yes, I played on Darktide. I have 3 level 5-22 characters (not high mind you..hell not even considered high enough to be called LOW by some). I played there long enough that I knew I needed to "pick some friends" and "limit where I go". The Bloods ruled all the high level "good" places and that was the way it was. I didn't want to have to build a gang to play the game and wanted to be able to solo in good dungeons without having to get into a turf war every 5 minutes. Hence, I moved to Leafcull and had a level 66 Archer character for 2 years. Of course, now you can have a level 50 in 3 good days of powerleveling help so it really don't matter now I guess.

As for PvP in AO between level 75-100 you are just chum for the 150s. Done. So much a fact that I'll reiterate it. At level 75-100 you will get utterly OWNED by any level 150 in the game. Hell, I hit a level 159 Engineer for 15...15...15..59 Burst...16... with a QL 148 Nova Flow. I was like a ant to him! I watched his slayer bot slide after some Omni Enforcer 50 meters away. I don't even recall seeing his life bar EVER more while I hit him for a total of 300pts damage in about 30 shots (1 reload +).

Now, if a level 102 soldier can’t even touch an engineer that has 57 levels on him what would a real combat class had done to me? He wasn't even shooting back at me!

In AC a level 25 mage could still hurt or even kill a level 50 Melee with surprise and luck. I couldn't kill a level 159 ENGINEER! I'm just there for their enjoyment in a one sided "battle". Battle isn't quite the word that should be used since I don't count 3-5 shooting someone between tactical combat with someone else because they are gray and harmless to you a battle. Find me a level 100 soldier that can put a dent in some of these level 150 rookies and novices and I’ll buy you a beer.

Like I have said before, I will level up to 155 and then start playing the PvP side of the game again. I don't like just being somebody’s chum. Do you?

hmmz

ive played with superflu from like lvl 50 or so, and we went pvp constantly, and got our freshman and rookie titles at lvl 75-120, i disagree completely. A lvl 149 nanomage has like 1800 hitpoints without implants and unbuffed and if u IE use a ranee rifle ur damage wont change much from lvl 85-150 so u have almost equal chance to kill....... i know its hard but u just have to work on the skills ;D

Dont stand a changs in hell beating a chatter 50 lvl u

So, i am egnineer lvl 154 and i dont stand a changes in hell off beting any chater arund 110 they can root pet they can attack by nanomage breed whit . i will never and have never get the plasure of PvP cous w seply cant pvp if u think ur situation is bad that some one 50 -60 lvl abouv u can attack well see my then, i can get my ass kickt by any one 100-200 lvl and i still onely have one changes to make it RUN!!!!!!!!! (whit my 700+ in run speed unbuff i make it a good chages)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast