Thread: MA weapon Tachi bug

Angry MA weapon Tachi bug

i'm a martial artist so i thought i'd try the blue zenith tachi i found. I equipped it and for a few minutes it worked like it was supposed to. You do sword and fist attack. However, after a few minutes i was only doing sword attack, which is considerably lower than my fist attack. Then when i unequipped the sword, i couldn't attack at all...just stood there taking damage. The bug doesn't clear until you die, or /terminate. Then you can use your fists again.

Here is how to fix it

I've noticed this as well. Fists stop working under the following conditions:

1. Your MA skill changes (buff,debuff)
    2. You unequip the sword in the middle of a fight
    3. You zone with the weapon equiped.

One way I have found to fix this for me is to unequip the sword and zone. Always unequip when zoning or buffing and it helps with the problem a bit.

Here is another thread dealing with this same issue:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=&threadid=933

Hope this helps you until they get it fixed.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Alright, someone said this bug was fixed but I guess it's still happening to some folks.

This bug has been in game WAY TOO LONG.

Please get it fixed.

Sheesh.

It also happens when unequipping the weapon during a heal recharge at certain times. The only fix is to re-equip the weapon, use special attack, de-equip it, buff MA, and hopefully that works. From my observations, the client sees no weapon equipped and the server does when this happens.

Thumbs down

BUMP! another quite true issue. The MA weapons are ok - not that great but a fair alternative the the MA special attacks that you cannot use while wielding the weapon.

But these bugs make them quite a pain to use. Basically, you can anly use them in missions - because its "easy" to zone in and out to correct the bug. But if you're hunting outside, forget them altogether, otherwise, you can have real big problems.

Funcom, could we have a status update on this PLZ?

The zone/buff/debuff bug on fist+weapon has been around for a long long time. I think I first reported it shortly after release. IIRC, I didn't try fist+wep in beta. This is an incredibly trivial bug for them to fix -- they regenerate the character on zone, there's no excuse for fists not to be part of that. They regenerate the fist on buff/debuff, there's no excuse not to add a dual fist+wep check at the same time. These are small changes to existing code.

They've been saying "we're working on it" for 3 or 4 months now. I don't think they are. Instead of bug fixes, we get rocks that fly out of our guns, changes to the chat colors, shops that have no items, nerfs to complit & implanting, time-wasting missions that will no longer stack to the same location, and MOBs that have insane AC. It's obvious they're doing things, but testing and fixing bugs are not on that list.