Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how in hell can this not be fixed?

Thus the reason I don't enter the arena, or PvP.
    PVP in AO is an add on project, certainly not what it's built around.

DocEarl,

I would suggest you do some search yourself and use the tools we all know and enlighten us on how a lvl 1 can equip 101 ncu (the minimum the guy must have to ask for mocham mc and ts). I will stand corrected if it is possible using implants switching and buffing, and considering the following :

-the lowest comp lit required to have 101 is using the lowest 4x belt (201) and 4x ~25 ncu (around 200-210 cl).

-The highest comp lit a lvl 1 can have without implants is 33 or so (10 base + experitse + int gen buff (the guy was not a trader so no need to bother with any other cl buff).

-The guy needs to fit implants for 170 or so comp lit, which is a full set of ql 165 faded+bright+shining.

-A ql 165 implant requires 324 stats and 758 treatment.

-The highest stats possible without implants is base+iron circle+behemoth+gen = around 68 for solitus.

-The guy needs to fit in implant for 324 - 68 = 256.

-To get +256 in stats you need a shining+bright+faded ql around 420, which are very hard to find

- I will spare you the treatment aspect of it...

Ok, I am not so clever and I may have missed other aspects like items (which usually requires other skills thus leading to even more implants swapping).

Once again, I am ready to stand corrected and endure the flames but at least I gave a try to thinking that person was not cheating, to no available.

Sine Nomine
    Hand of Chronos

it might able to get that high at level 1, but it sure as heck can be done soon after.

I can stair step agility based implants, using the previous implant as the guide for the next. make them all treatment, agility, and add some trader nano skills in there as well if you're a trader.

Stair step these, getting to a 2x belt, then 3x, then 4. It takes time, but can be done.
    traders have some nice comp lit buffs as well. There are ways around anything, it's just that before this tutoring exploit it was too much pain or not enough knowledge for most.

If you were to get all the implants you need and separated them 10 QL's apart, you could go almost anywhere with this.

medsuits, +80 treatment, and treatment implants are certainly not out of the question at this point.

have you guys bothered reporting this exploit? I hope so, or there's nothing to complain about.

hmmmm

First of all "stair stepping" implants is borderline exploit as far as Im concerned, but it doesnt take too long to run out of base stats so you can only boost so high ( maybe ql200 base stat implants add ~100 if that) but that is an entirely different discussion....

The question I am asking here is that this comp lit "exploit" and I think we all agree it is an exploit is a "game breaker". It completely destroys any hope of pvp and lower levels for anyone who has not used it... Funcom was able to fix "stun" in less then 24hrs when they saw that that was going to be a problem (damn that wasnt even an exploit, it was what the stun was meant to do... but again that is another discussion totally)

How can this problem not have been addressed as soon as it was realized and reported to them weeks ago? Its too bad but the only way to fix it now is to have everyones belts and NCU drop out of their "equiped"... or to go one step further and have all "equiped" items become "unequiped" but that will never happen....

DocEarl,

Yes, you can play with implants and overequip quite good, but the stat requ is what usually stops you. Even using your "10th ql step by tep technique", the stat requ will be a problem long before you reach ql 165 implants. Not to forget this technique will require a lot of cash or time to get the parts... But I am going off topic

I really hope they fix that exploit, not for game balance (this thing has left Rubi-ka long ago) but to prevent more people tempted by it looking like uber... morons.

Sine Nomine
    Hand of Chronos

ok they fixed the exploit from what i am hearing now.

The exploit that allowed you to boost your comp.lit, pharm., nano programming. Has been fixed. So no more people running around with 2000 nano programming or comp. lit. So that is good, only problem is that the people that cheated the game to get the items on or abused this exploit are not hampered while others that didnt are. I dont see this as far to be honest. I actually ran across a 60 th lvl. Character offering to build 200ql implants afew days ago, when i asked him how he could do the 200ql he asked me why do i care. Guess i dont to be honest not really affecting me one way or another, I make all my own implants anyway. Just sad is all.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Just as a added note.

That exploit could be used to gain unfair pricing at the shops as well. Not that shop pricing depends alot on comp. lit. but im guessing if your broke every credit counts.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Unhappy too bad

Glad to hear its fixed... too bad that the people who used it still have a huge advantage over the ones that didnt...PvP is broke because of this and other of these type of exploits.../shrug

Is it fixed on Live or Test????
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

They fixed it on the live servers.

If this company gave a sh1t about it's game and it's honest players, they would do something about this.

I always got a laugh when someone would offer 25 million for item x like it was nothing, then when asked how they had such money they would say "Missions".

I knew it was bull. I am playing the same damn game.

What I know is when I sell a QL 75 Battle Suit to the shops it goes up nearly 5k when I boost my comp lit with the Expertise. How much do you think all these exploiters were getting with their 2k comp lit?

If they do nothing about this it just shows nothing has changed sincre release. They'll say they intend to keep a fair and balanced game but when a cheat like this is found the right thing isn't done. And the right thing is some forced de-equipping and some credit wipes.

The get money from things like missions, yes. Mission for a mochum, sell it to highest bidder.
    Same with 6slot belts, those go for about 1-3 mil.
    How about grid disc? nullity? Now you're talking anywhere from 1-300 mil (grid mk4 was bidding 300mil last I saw)

people sell, people buy.

From what I understand, someone was using this tutoring exploit to get about 12000 comp lit, and sell things to shops for more than they bought it..... definately a problem... that would be bad if yalms were droppable...

Yes, people were MOST DEFINATELY using the complit exploit to buy items and resell them at WIDELY varying prices.
    Seriously.
    If you can get your complit high enough where item X costs 300 credits from the store, and the store will buy it back for 301 credits. All you need is patience, it's infinite money.

A friend (who dosen't play AO, but does sell a lot of crap on ebay) sent me a link to an ebay auction where someone was selling detailed knowledge of the exploit. He described using this exact process, although he said "buy for 1 cred, sell for thousands"

This exploit is, I think, the defining cause for a forced unequip and ip reset. Persons who have equipped 300 something NCUs at low levels have such a stupidly inane advantage that it's almost unbelievable.

I wish there was something FC could do about the infinite money. As far as I'm concerned the economy is completely broken. I sold a ql36 coat for half a mill last night. The guy didn't even blink before beating the previous high bid. I'd love for them to do a money reset, but that would never be fair. I can think of several palatable scheems. (lvl 1-10=lvl x 1K. lvl 11-25=lvl x 5k. lvl 26-50=lvl x 10k. lvl 51-100=lvl x 20k, etc...) But people would never accecpt them, and I'm not sure I would either.

A corrolary of this is that funcom has GOT to fix the spawn times on rare items from NPCs. With a nonfunctional economy, things like shades will never trickle down into other players hands.

Re: Fine by me. Just dont go complaining when

Originally posted by thantos911
    Just dont yell nerf when you see a lvl 10 engie with implants and a mocham's/wrangle casting a upgraded gladiator bot which is a 70 lvl pet. Becuase yes it will happen trust me.
    Gladiator? Hell I saw a sub level 75 summon up a SLAYER! He probably stepped up into some major implants and used some super exploits to get there.

And yes... me and many others know "how" it is done but I haven’t "used" it to equip a QL 200 crit scope because I don't like having to CHEAT. Sure they need to fix it and I can't wait for some form of "reset" to allow everyone to redevelop their IP allocation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12