Thread: Rings, pls answer me Cz or Cosmik

Angry Rings, pls answer me Cz or Cosmik

I just found a nice ring of energy (+13 energy dam i think).
    Requred title lvl from 3 or above

Nice i am lvl 76 so no problem to put it on, i thought

After some discussion with an ARK we found out that you need 120 or more tokens to wear this ring. so lvl 50+ and 120 tokens are title lvl 3 he explained me.
    But there is a problem: i am neutral !!!
    How should i get 120 tokens ?!?

Can you pls explain this ? As i asked if this is a bug he told me that this should be so. Come on that cant be. Will i get the same problems with bracers and all the stuff that requires a title lvl ???

Will i never be able to equip this stuff or is it some kind of bug ?

Actually, as far as I know, merit board upgrades simply reflect your rank within your faction.

For example, the ranks for Omni-Tek employees are the following:

Omni-Tek Award - Basic Board (1)
    Omni-Tek Award - Ribbon of Strife (2)
    Omni-Tek Award - Double Ribbons of Skirmish (3)
    Omni-Tek Award - Triple Ribbons of Battle (4)
    Omni-Tek Award - Flag of Sacrifice (5)
    Omni-Tek Award - Double Flags of Righteousness (6)
    Omni-Tek Award - Triple Flag of Humility (7)
    Omni-Tek Award - Flags of Glory and Redemption (8)

As far as I know, your rank doesn't really do much outside of giving your the bonuses from wearing the upgraded merit board. It doesn't have anything to do with being able to wear various items unless those items have a token requirement of some kind. For example, the Omni-Tek Armor item has a 10 Omni token requirement on it.

Your characters profession title changes based on the following scheme which is strictly character level based and are the following:

Title Level 1 - Level 1
    Title Level 2 - Level 15
    Title Level 3 - Level 50
    Title Level 4 - Level 100
    Title Level 5 - Level 150
    Title Level 6 - Level 190

Of course, they may have changed something...
    Last edited by Ampris; Feb 21st, 2002 at 21:51:10.

Thats what i thought also

So i wrote a petition (as i wrote i found a ring with title lvl 3 requirement but wanst able to equip it, got the message title lvl 6 is required)
    And as answer from the ARK (who asked somewhere cause he didnt know also) i got i need 120 tokens

What ql was the ring? It sounds like it was mislabeled as a title 3 and is actually a title 4, but that's just a guess. (I only suggest this as I found a ql 80 ring that was a +9 melee -if I recall correctly- so it's possible that your ring is over ql 100... possibly making it a title level 4 ring.)

Title levels should be just like Ampris said, level based and NOT token based.

Do you have an IP ring or ring of luck currently equipt?
    If so, the title level 6 requirement is what it takes to UNEQUIP the ring you are wearing. If you really want it off you can destroy the ring while it's on your finger.