Thread: OOC : wondering about making a Web page.

OOC : making a Web page.

Im making Ao Help Center . This would be a Web page where you would find basic information like other pages.

Info on Breeds/professions/quests/mobs/nanos and other stuff.

At first i thought that this is something that i could do alone, but i now see that it would take up more time than i have to spare.

So i am looking for more people to join me in making this possible. This is not a job and you will not get paid unless we get some good Ad income.

We need people that can
    1. Design logo's and buttons
    2. Design banner's
    3. Program PHP/html/dhtml
    4. Wright News
    5. Moderaters for forum's
    6. People with good info on quests
    7. People that have played more then 6 months and know a great deal about Breeds/professions
    8. Marketing

So either post a reply here or mail me at bersann@hotmail.com ( subject : AO help Center )
    Last edited by Bernt; Apr 26th, 2003 at 19:58:12.

I think those items are pretty much covered by the existing fansites.

what would make yours unique?
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

heh. Good question. I dont really know. I just feel that when I want to find out some thing. i have to search trough more than one page, this does not apply when im looking for items. then auno.org takes care of it.
    But when for example im am looking for info on spawn times / quests / dropsites I have to look trough more than one page to find what I am looking for.

So what I hope to do is to get all that info onto one page.

hmm. well rather than try and collect all of that information, you might want to simply create a page that links to the existing fansites.
    Like a "Best of AO Fansites" page, so that if I click on your link for Nanos, it opens opens up a browser window and displaying an existing fansite's content.

That would save you a lot of work.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Not a bad idea.. ill see what ill do..

thx for the tip

I am trying to have this centralized location with content about AO with AO Stratics. It worked very well for UO with UO Stratics, however I find myself exhausted every day from doing a ton of stuff and not coming to an end with things. AO Stratics could be what you probably envisioned and we already have the infrastructure. Its just damn hard to get everything done (I cant keep our bestiary updated as it is). Getting news each day is hard aswell with the lack of anything in AO that is newsworthy (except for today's raid of the clans on Omni Ent arena which resulted in some Omni-Pol and Omni-AF action + a Juggernaut stomping around in the arena). Managing such a site is hard work, its unpaid and not recognized as community service by many people. Dont think that making a fansite/keeping it updated and managing a staff for a site is an easy job. Its not, especially when you have a RL to take care of too.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Like Meister said, it's a big job. Silirrion has his hands pretty full at AOVault.

AOVault does already has such a page together though. It has not only links to it's own content, but to other sites as well. It's organized by the type of infomation like quests, trade skills, third party programs, etc.
    Last edited by Nevver; Apr 27th, 2003 at 18:43:51.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

To give some sort of reply

When i said that i was planing to make the AO help center. It was more or less a combination out of bordom and the lack of real updated information. I think its a real downer to have to search trough 2-5 different fanpages to only find information that is outdated or compleatly wrong.

I know the people that play AO does not express gratitud to the people that put countless hours into making good fanpages like AO stratics, AO vault and other pages.

I did infact think about applying to AO stratics couse i know Meister to be a hard working man, but really how big is the chance that all the updates i think is nessesary can/will be done.

The only thing i know for sure is that i will make a really big guide to my guild page...

PS if any fanpage need's help in making anything. let me know and ill try to help you out