Thread: A Couple of Ideas

Lightbulb A Couple of Ideas

Greetings and Salutations!

Hopefully 13.8 won't be a disappointment after all. I was thinking last night about one of the chief banes of MA's, the rising armor classes of MOB's, especially at higher levels. No matter how much faster we attack (another issue of discussion) it is proven that since AC reduces damage by increments rather than percentages the fast and low damage wielders will always lose to the slower but high damage ones. And let's not even talk about damage reflection.

We need something to directly address this. How about a series of nanos specifically designed to reduce reflected damage, with perhaps a far more modest improvement in other defenses? And while we're talking, how about a series of brass knuckles or similar item which would be used on the fists which don't add damage but allow the MA to IGNORE (or penetrate if you prefer) so much of the MOB's AC. That would increase the damage per hit AND the minimum damage problem. It would also give MA's a series of items which they could call their own.

Just thinking aloud.

Cheers, Henri

P.S. I meant to post this in the 13.8 MA Sticky Thread but goofed and I can't find a way to move the post, sorry.
    Last edited by Henri Blanche; Feb 21st, 2002 at 15:53:37.