Thread: Mercury Dragons - Introduction

Mercury Dragons - Introduction

The following is how my father became the founder of Mercury Dragons Clan.

====================
    During the early years of the war many children were confused and clan parents had a difficult time explaining to their children about the war, and why it was fought. An elder clanner came up with a solution so that the explanation would not be such a shock to the young, he wrote a story which explained in a very imaginative way the war, I was one of the first children to hear such a story...

"Papa...why are we fighting those omni guys?"
    "Sit son, and listen, I will tell you why"
    "Not long ago we were all one people, free and happy, we worked together, we played together and we were all friends. But one day a big Grey Dragon come from above...many people got scared, but the dragon spoke!"
    "He spoke papa!"
    "Yes son, he spoke of promises of happiness and a better future for all of us, many of us believed him, and we did as he told us every day. It took a bit of time to see that the dragon had lied, he did not bring happiness, he brought sadness, he took our freedom because he was big and powerful, we were slaves son, slaves of an evil dragon, his name is Omni-Tek"
    "And those omni guys are with him papa?"
    "Yes, they are those who still believe the lies the dragon told, they are blind to the truth, some even know the dragon is evil and still follow and obey the dragon, they are bad people, bad people that want to hurt us all, so always stay away from the omni son, do you understand?"
    "Yes sir"
    "Want to hear the rest of the story?"
    "Yes yes!"
    "Alright, as we started to learn that we were lied to, the dragon noticed that we complained and stopped listening to him, he got very angry and started to attack the people who had stopped believing him, many innocent people fell son, it was a sad day, it was the first day of the war against the evil dragon"
    "Aww, but can't we all attack the bad dragon and stop him?"
    "It's not so easy, when we were his slaves he made us make big cities, with strong walls, it is not easy to break the walls to go in and see if the dragon is in one of the big omni cities, there is a lot of room to hide in any of them...we did a good job making the cities and the walls, too good"
    "Oh"
    "We keep fighting the dragon and the omni because we like to be free and happy, and safe. We dreamed of one day a shining Mercury Dragon to come from above and save us, a dream we made real by making clans"
    "I'm confused papa, the mercury dragon is in a clan?"
    "No son, the clans are the Mercury Dragon, we stand together as one people against the evil Omni-Tek dragon, that is why we make clans, the more people you're with, the safer you are son"
    "Oh...that is why we are clan? because we are together...like a family?"
    "Yes, we are like family, we look out for one another like I look out for you son, and the way you will look out for your child when you're a grown up"
    "Oh!"
    "Now it's time for you to sleep son, good night and have pleasant dreams"
    "Papa, you think our dragon will win?"
    "As long as there is hope, our dragon will live son, and we will continue to fight the evil dragon"
    "Good, nite papa"
    "Good night son"

As I grew up I knew the dragons weren't real, but the ideal of the Mercury Dragon was real, we are clan, we are freedom, we are family, and all it stands between us and a bright free future is the Omni-Tek "dragon"...they have no regard for life, all they care for is profits, I also learned that the author of the story was found by omni personnel and executed for treason...a good man trying to bring peace to children's minds was killed because he had helped the clan...the war continues, and so will we..."As long as there is hope, our dragon will live"...and it shall be, I formed The Mercury Dragons Clan in memory of two good men, the author of the story and my father, may both rest in peace.

====================

I have followed my fathers's steps, as he followed his father's, there is much work to be done, and when I doubt myself, I remember the story my father told me, as he was told by his father...the foundation of my father's clan, the one I'm priviledge and honored to lead now...based on a fairy tale...from the heart of a true clanner...and I smile...there is always hope.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ooc

Bump for Windguaerd, a good guy and a good group. Not many militant role playing groups around, and they have my respect for playing that part!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Mercury Dragons sure started as a nice copy of Omni-Pol Sory man, I just dont think that the clans are militant like Omni-Pol is, so the concept of the Mercury Dragons is a bit misplaced in the clans If its successful, then more power to you.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Ah!

Hmm...sorry, but Mercury Dragons started in Sept. 29475, it was never related or tried to have the abusive conduct of Omni-Pol, or the omni organization which acts under the name of Omni-Pol, which is not a recognized even by Omni-Tek high officials to be their own Police, but an organization with a name and logo copied from the Omni-Pol Recruitment Adverstising which is all over Omni-1.

I even heard a high ranking Omni-Pol officer slapped a certain member of your organization Meister, does it still hurt?

Your 'Omni-Pol' has been nothing but a group of thugs who act under a false mask of authority, and you have not been a threat to the clans for over a year now, even OT employees don't respect you, most ignore you at this point, and at least on your side, they are right to do so.

Out of 110 in your organization, 35-40 are active, the rest are lying in their apartment, sleeping, trying to forget...that they are not the real Omni-Pol, perhaps someday they'll wake up, and realize they are better off joining the clans and walk free?

MD is a small clan, but at least, our members are awake.
    ==========================
    ((Lets not drag this, you took your shot, I took mine, lets leave it as a draw, cause I ain't got much time for another IC grudge to keep track of buddy))
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Due to the lack of anything to do we almost stopped RPing by now. Not many do it anymore and we had our time of RP which is sadly over. We dont try to be the Omni-Pol anymore that we tried to be months ago since it is a useless endeavour without any chance of success. At some point in time, MD had our guild rules copied almost 100%... I wonder where that came from If you didnt notice yet, the fight between the clans and Omni-Tek has ended some time ago. There is no reason to fight. There is nothing to fight for and nothing that ever changes. If at some point the Storyline Funcom has pre-written for the game, dictates that the clans lose a city back to Omni-Tek or Omni-Tek loses a city to the clans, then that will happen, no matter what the players do. Our actions mean nothing in the long run and I am done trying to make a difference.

Btw, we dont try to be a threat to the clans. Thats not what Omni-Pol is there for in the first place. There are other OT departments that are responsible for such stuff, like Omni-AF.

Regarding your "walk free" and "join the clans"... OT employees are free to do as they please, as long as they abide by the rules. Even the clans have restrictions which prevent that total anarchy reigns the north. That is where MD comes into play. Your orgnaization has as many regulations as Omni-Pol and even had ours copied almost 100% a while ago since rules are neccessary. The so called "freedom" you claim to fight for is hollow and a fiction you try to preserve because without any ideal to fight for, Rubi-Ka would certainly be boring. Unfortunately, you are free like every other citizen on Rubi-Ka, just that there are not only the clans here but also a corporation who once owned this planet entirely (and practically still does). All the clans have done is steal what was not theirs and the endless greed the clans have built up over time will make this so called conflict go on and on until one side is destroyed, should the storyline dictate so, unless there is a greater evil which requires all to unite and fight against something greater than the pitiful conflict that has died down to what we now have: Notum Wars which are a joke, sadly due to game mechanics. The Mercury Dragons have no place anymore in this world neither does Omni-Pol. Our time is over since there really is nothing to fight for anymore, other than loot, credits and land control areas. Thank Funcom for this development.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

OOC

At one point we used some of your rules and our original ones in combination and see if we could create something similar to a military organization, however it failed (the attempt at such change, lasted a few weeks, nothing more), since then we created and adapted new bylaws, department, and IC/OOC policies that works for us.

On the part of players not affecting in-game, I can't completely agree...the CAS armor, the new Ancarim Iron Legion Tan Lotion and other items introduced in game recognizes the actions and reputation of organizations, don't forget the Div9 weapon...they are all created BECAUSE the organizations made a reputation within the game which FC recognizes.

BUT...I agree that players actions overall at this time do NOT make a difference in the way the 'Notum Wars' exists.

At this time clans own most of the land, and most of the high QL Notum Bases...this should have a few effects in-game....the strengthening of Omni-Tek Bases, the possibility of Omni-Tek raids and destruction of Clan Outposts and Towns (not cities, at leats not yet).

The contruction of new OT outposts in the south, with grid points to strengthen their territory.

Clans on the other had should be confident, and try to push hard, based on historical data, clans have in the past pushed close to Omni-1 during the 3rd war, it could be done again.

Dust Brigade should be more active, taking advantage of the focus of the clans on pushing south, probably making temporary camps in the east and west regions to weaken areas of clans they consider weak or traitors to their cause.

Cyborgs would continue to attack Athen in their attempt to occupy and run a fortified city, unlike their PW Base which has too many entry points and have no real defensive walls...and if I was them, I'd also attack West Athen to weaken the defenses of the city.

The neutrals should have a new problem on their laps (besides the mercs, which most people are ignoring now, just yalm through). My best guess would be another Mutant disaster, in which Newland is surrounded continuously by strong mutants, thus keeping the city under constant threat, with the only way out is using a yalm, or using the whompa. Using the grid outside Newland would be hard, as the mutant aggro. The cause for this mutant disaster can be the same crazy doc that tried to create mutants last year, kidnapped 2 neutral docs who found out about his experiments...forgot the name...he was believed to be dead, but wasn't....he's baaaaack, with a vengeance, and enough mutants to give neutrals a big headache.

I still have faith in FC, ARK and the Events Team to surprise us, and there is also roleplaying orgs from all 3 sides still active, combine it all....to me it spells hope.

((I am personally appalled by the fact that you would post something like that in this thread Meister. It was low and rude. Even if they did borrow some of your rules, maybe you've heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery. It was even worse that you brought this OOC in an RP thread in the RP forum when you say you don't even RP anymore. Even if you don't like MD or are angry about some supposed rule copying, it is childish to flame them in a thread that is something like a recruitment thread. You are not the judge of whether or not MD has any place in AO anymore. It takes all kinds to make the world and I applaude MD for taking their particular stance.

Even if players have no affect on the overarching storyline, you can still, like Savoy has said so many times, have your own smaller storylines which can be extremely enjoyable. They immerse you in the game so that its not just politics, but more like life. If thats not what you want, thats fine.

But that is really beside the point. You should have just kept your mouth shut, especially if you aren't even RPing. If you're not RPing, you shouldn't care what MD is doing RP wise.))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC:

Well written Windguard.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

::Ognom pulls out his crayon box and begins to scribble his own childrens propoganda story::

Once there was a planet. The planet was very mean and nobody could breath good on it. But then the planet helper people came. They hired other people from Mars to help make the planet good. Those people came and helper work to make the planet good. But then they decided that they didn't like to work. They came out of there jobs and started killing the good hard working planet helpers. They said that was freedom. They think freedom is to destroy the planet helpers buildings and kill the planet helpers people and make them free. The planet helpers are not wanting to be free like those workers who left there jobs and killed people. Those people wanted the planet helpers to be free the way they are. They aren't free.

::Ognom puts down his crayon scratching his head::

Just wanted to tell Windguaerd that I was indeed flattered. Nowhere did i flame him or his post
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

((Then maybe I overreacted. It was just how it looked to me. ))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC:

A very well written story Winguaerd, I certainly enjoyed it.

/OOC