Thread: MULTI RANGE pain

MULTI RANGE pain

Hi

There are lots of threads on lots of AO forums about multi range after 13.7
    Becouse lack of official support on haw it is supposed to work we are forced to estimate it by sharing our personal experiences.
    Reading threads i faced folowing problems i d like to ask You all multi wielders to share experience:

1. "its not worth ... its averaging damage of 2 guns One wields..."
    - for me its hard to test it becouse 1st weapon hardly wrangled to just remove it for tests, what Your observetions?

2. "..when One reach high range initiative[those geting close to cap 1/1 atck/recharge] offhand weapon is useles becouse its not given chance to hit[becouse of 1/1 cap]..."
    - well i am not to high(atm wielding in first-90ql hd, in second-50ql hd) to test it with proper accuracy too; all i can claim is (when i remove llts) i hardly see any bonus attack in attack-recharge scheme from second weapon at all. It is (in about 20 rounds flow fight) about 2-4 extra attacks comparing to 1 weapon[and of course considering One -somhawnonerealyknowshaw- using "simultanously"- 1 and 2(worse) weapons it looks not good]. Whats more important i d like t ask for(from experience) confirmation about "loosing" 2nd weapon atack during reaching(or closing) 1/1 atc/rech cap; if its true then ..well not good

3. The last field i am asking for sharing experience is that "multirangehighlikehellrequirementsskillnobufspain inthe...".
    -All (no mater what) trying multi range knows that this skill is practicaly not bufed => 2nd weapon will be most often about 50% 1st, so THE question is "does bonus of extra attacks nrs worth the pain" ?

Thx for any suggestions
    Jarema.

No, from what I've seen dual anything is mostly worse then just one.

2 pistols/weapons should have seperate timers that are completly unreleated to each other.

So If I had 2 same speed pistols they would both go off at the same time each time as fast as the speed of the pistol.

If they were slightly different speeds, the would end up out of sync due to speed differences.

Again, They should NOT be connected at all.

Mobs AC's will be halved in patch 13.8, this will help dual wielders to do more damage.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1