Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I`ve just had the most wonderful idea!

LOL most amussing post i have read today.
    If you don't wanna pvp then don't go into pvp zones duh !!!
    If you havn't noticed your role in this game is to choose a team and be involved in conlict your role is to fight for what your team beleives in. If you wanna be a merchant or something like that stay in your home town and sell your goods no need to go wondering about pvp zones. It makes me laugh when u say u wanna roleplay when the role u r playing is a person in the middle of a war and you don't wanna fight. If you think your role is to be a peace loving hippy then stay in ur safe little 100% zones. I probably repeated myself but how cares, i can't wait till they bring in the new pvp rewards and territory u can capture, that will be soooo sweet. Good luck
    Snakee Atrox, Soldier

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    Role Playing in Mort at 75% gas

Omni Soldier: Avast ye dirty clanner, these lands here are omni lands, be gone now foolish rebel.

Clan Soldier: Ney, these lands belong not to ye! These lands are the lands of the Sentinals! Your powers and sorcery have no place here oh servent of evil! Now off with ye!

Omni Soldier: You are foolish, clanner, you cannot contend with the power of Omni-tek, our powerz magical are great, and reach is vast. Join us now or face the concequences!

Clan Soldier: Be gone now Omni puppet, I care for ye no longer, if thou are not gone hence, I shall taunt yonder Sentinal and run back hence, and he shall teach you a lesson you shall not soon forget!

Omni Soldier: You are a coward hiding behind your guards! We shall be victorious! You shall see! Fear the power of Omni-Tek!

(Omni sodier equips llamaha, flys over borgs and tries to train them toward clanner as clan soldier runs to sentinal and casts his tuant nano on the sentinal)

Clan Soldier: Now you shall die omni!

Omni Soldier: Feel the wrath of my borg servents! Who once were supposed to not agg us omni when once we had mission terminals at the borg factory!

(sentinal shoots at omni, omni flys for zone, cyborg shoots at clanner, clanner runs for static dungeon zone in borg factory)

(omni soldier zones)

(clan soldier zones)

THE END
    LOL!!!!! Great post!!!!!
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Chtonian

What does it means ?
    For me it mean that PvPer profit from peaceful ppl.,
    they just "suck" thier energie like vampirs,
    it adds a lot enhancement to thier game
    to be able to jump on ppl. who hate PvP
    in form as it exists in UO, AO or other MMORPG.
    If you ask me who these PvPer are,
    who didnt want to play with each other
    after they was left alone -
    they are just sadists.
    ( and i will call so everyone, who calls me care bear )

Did you play Uo? Sounds like No to me. I played for 3 years, and the system of UO is if someone kills you there is the option to give them a murder count. If you get 5 murder counts you CON red, you are a murderer and the town guards will kill you on sight.

In 3 years and about 7 chars I was NEVER RED ONE TIME. Meaning that I never had 5 murder counts at any one time. It took 8 hours of game play WITHOUT GETTING A MURDER COUNT to lose 1 count, if you got a count then the 8 hours was reset.

IE I did not kill "peacefull people".

You are not a PvPer, and you have just generalized pvpers as sadists. all I have to say to that is FU.

I am a pvper, and a nice guy, just ask anyone on RK2, Dnastyone is well liked even though he pvp's with BOTH SIDES.

Your predjudiced enough to call pvpers all sadists, so guess what, your a friggin care bear, and the worst kind... a closed minded one.

Nice long post full of absolut garbage that says nothing about the situation really and is a waste of space.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Laeni
    If pvpers left UO because they didn't want to fight each other, they wanted to be free to attack EVERYONE, well that says something about what kind of people they are.

I cannot respect people who get their jollies by spoiling other people's fun. You have pvp in this game. Yet pvpers are whining because they have to do it in special zones which means that those people who don't want to pvp can avoid them. So basically the whining pvpers are whining because they don't get to spoil someone else's fun. Awwww poor dears.

If you want to pvp well go to the pvp zones and have at it. Don't whine because you're not allowed to slaughter people who aren't interested in pvp. This game is big enough for both kinds of players. And frankly it needs BOTH kinds of players.
    1) read the post I made right above this one so that you know how I played UO

2) The reason that the pvping people left UO is because they wanted an imersed world with pvp in it. That is what they bought, and Felucia (the pvp world) was a ghost town. Yeah, we could go to trammel where there was no pvp and listen to the kiddies talk smack with no fear, but that is quite lame.

Trammel is where all the smack talking griefers went with their care bear enemys. All that was left on Felucia was a few (very few) people that actually played the game AND pvp'd. We left because it was not an immersive world anymore, there were no people in the towns, there were no people anywhere. I could just buy a solo game if that is what I wanted.

Just thought I would clear that up. All the griefers stayed on and live in trammel where they can be as annoying as they want (training, smack talking, whatever) without any fear because they cant be attacked. The people that left were GOOD people, and that is why I left.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

1) read the post I made right above this one so that you know how I played UO

2) The reason that the pvping people left UO is because they wanted an imersed world with pvp in it. That is what they bought, and Felucia (the pvp world) was a ghost town. Yeah, we could go to trammel where there was no pvp and listen to the kiddies talk smack with no fear, but that is quite lame.

Trammel is where all the smack talking griefers went with their care bear enemys. All that was left on Felucia was a few (very few) people that actually played the game AND pvp'd. We left because it was not an immersive world anymore, there were no people in the towns, there were no people anywhere. I could just buy a solo game if that is what I wanted.

Just thought I would clear that up. All the griefers stayed on and live in trammel where they can be as annoying as they want (training, smack talking, whatever) without any fear because they cant be attacked. The people that left were GOOD people, and that is why I left.
    Well maybe you do have a point about UO in that creating a separate parallel world for pvp on the same server wasn't the way to go.

But I still say that in AO you do have pvp zones that are in the same world and to demand that ALL zones be pvp (except for the cities) would just drive away those people who are not interested in pvp and that AO simply can't afford that.

Because like it or not, there ARE pvpers who are sadists. I'm not saying that all pvpers are like that, not by a long shot but a few bad apples can spoil the entire barrel.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

You know what?

You know what would make pvp interesting?

When you enter a pvp zone, your no longer able to see what level someone is. Everyone would be grey. This would make you think before killing and force you to learn your enemies.

Also get rid of "TAB". Its a cheesy button that makes people lazy. (really it would allow players to utilize the lay of the land to their advantage and hence more STRATEGY!!!! )

Re: I`ve just had the most wonderful idea!

Originally posted by Saint
    I have been doing some thinking now. Reagrding PvP vs RP.

Seeing as I did not get this game because I wanted to play Quake or Doom or anything in that style, and seeing as people are complaining about PvP zones popping up unwantedly; and also seeing PvP players wanting even more areas to play First Person Shooter (or 3rd for that matter...), this idea will give everyone what they want:

Make rk1 or rk2 (NOT both) PvP all over, and make the other server close to no PvP. Thus making it more of a Role Player dimension. Then those into Role Playing will get to play without getting the constant nagging about "give me this and that stat booster", and those into PvP will be free to do as they bloody well please in a world ALL TO PvP RULES.

Naturally, this also opens up whole new possibilities as to classes/nerfing. In PvP it is obviously a plus nerfing things that would be good in Role Playing. So, with this change it would allow classes to have "really unfair" skills and abilities on the RP server while letting the overequippers do their thing that they do due to the difficulty of balancing PvP against itself and RP.

Now, I`m not really that concerned about levelling in AO. Neither am I in Pen & Paper RP. Heck, I even like playing CoC and Kult. No lvl there at all... More up to RP there, and all the better!! Naturally, I also enjoy games with lvls in them like the standard fantasy games... So if the possibilities of going out into the fields to get some lvling done are stopped by Quakers wanting to shoot players alot lower in lvl, this also would end with the change.

If they made rk2 the RP server, this might even change the lag issue from rk1 to rk2

Wishfull thinking, I know this will never happen... But it would be good to get to be in a place far away from Doom. AO is a ROLEPLAYING game after all. Sayes so quite clearly on the box...

Now, I`ll let you get back to trying to make a RP game into a FPS game LOL

Peace and prosperity to you all.
    One of the stupidest ideas yet, if you don't want PvP, stay out of 25% zones, if you want PvP, enter the 25% zones.

They have zones so you can PvP when you want.

We are at war, so it's really only the PvP players that roleplay...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

"We are at war, so it's really only the PvP players that roleplay..."

Oh please. Show me any war where 100% of the population fought. Does the word "civilian" mean anything to you?

Some of the players aren't interested in pvp at all, others (like me) want to give it a shot some day but aren't prepared at the moment.
    Martial Artist

Oh please. Show me any war where 100% of the population fought. Does the word "civilian" mean anything to you?

Some of the players aren't interested in pvp at all, others (like me) want to give it a shot some day but aren't prepared at the moment.
    AO is all about fighting, there are some trade skills but not that many, every profession are suppose to fight, so if you only want to be a "civilian" and walk around in town "RPing" I think your choice of game is very strange

In games like Ultima Online you can do whatever you want, if you want to only bake bread all day and be a baker, you can do that, if you want to make clothes you can do that, and you gain skills and get better the more you do it.

In AO you have to fight and kill to get better, so you can't really be a civilian.

If you don't want to PvP you don't have too, but don't try to change anything so we get a PvP server cuz PvP is almost the only fun many "high lvls" have left, except from chatting with all friends and it's a damn expensive chat client if that's only thing it's good for
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Did you play Uo? Sounds like No to me. I played for 3 years, and the system of UO is if someone kills you there is the option to give them a murder count. If you get 5 murder counts you CON red, you are a murderer and the town guards will kill you on sight.

In 3 years and about 7 chars I was NEVER RED ONE TIME. Meaning that I never had 5 murder counts at any one time. It took 8 hours of game play WITHOUT GETTING A MURDER COUNT to lose 1 count, if you got a count then the 8 hours was reset.

IE I did not kill "peacefull people".
    "IE", aha...
    i dont mean you was PK, i didnt said anything about you,
    but these rules would make red only theses,
    who do pk too often and have too few time to play/can not stay long enough online.

You are not a PvPer, and you have just generalized pvpers as sadists. all I have to say to that is FU.
    Well FU too then !

I never insulted you, and it was refered to:
    "Look at UO, dont know if you ever played this, but they did what you are talking about almost exactly, and every pvper pretty much quit the game. It is not about JUST pvp, but right now there is not really ANY pvp on RK2."

what means:
    these PvPer who left because they need these, who dont like PvP,
    need these dont like to play with PvPers are sadists.
    I dont know did you left or not,
    and even if you did - you could have other reasons.
    So there was no personal insult,
    and i still think it was right what i said.

I am a pvper, and a nice guy, just ask anyone on RK2, Dnastyone is well liked even though he pvp's with BOTH SIDES.
    me 2

Your predjudiced enough to call pvpers all sadists, so guess what, your a friggin care bear, and the worst kind... a closed minded one.
    More lies, and more insults
    re-read the context.

Nice long post full of absolut garbage that says nothing about the situation really and is a waste of space.
    ... oh yeah... nice guy ...

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

AO is all about fighting, there are some trade skills but not that many, every profession are suppose to fight, so if you only want to be a "civilian" and walk around in town "RPing" I think your choice of game is very strange

In games like Ultima Online you can do whatever you want, if you want to only bake bread all day and be a baker, you can do that, if you want to make clothes you can do that, and you gain skills and get better the more you do it.

In AO you have to fight and kill to get better, so you can't really be a civilian.

If you don't want to PvP you don't have too, but don't try to change anything so we get a PvP server cuz PvP is almost the only fun many "high lvls" have left, except from chatting with all friends and it's a damn expensive chat client if that's only thing it's good for
    I have never advocated for a pvp server because right now I don't think there are enough subscribers to support it.

What I am objecting to is the notion that only pvpers are the true roleplayers. This is garbage. SOME do roleplay yes but the majority just want to gank everyone in sight and then piously proclaim that they are the real roleplayers because there's a "war" going on.
    Martial Artist

If you don't want to PvP you don't have too, but don't try to change anything so we get a PvP server cuz PvP is almost the only fun many "high lvls" have left, except from chatting with all friends [...]
    That's strange logic...
    You dont want that someone ask for PvP server,
    because PvP is almost the only fun on high levels ?
    Would not it mean that you would get even more of this "fun",
    since on PvP server everyone roleplay the war
    ( & PvPer are good roleplayer ) ,
    and happy to participate in PvP ?
    For the rules/zones on PvP server... they could stay the same
    ( just let "duel-Server" rules be different )

Well maybe you do have a point about UO in that creating a separate parallel world for pvp on the same server wasn't the way to go.

But I still say that in AO you do have pvp zones that are in the same world and to demand that ALL zones be pvp (except for the cities) would just drive away those people who are not interested in pvp and that AO simply can't afford that.

Because like it or not, there ARE pvpers who are sadists. I'm not saying that all pvpers are like that, not by a long shot but a few bad apples can spoil the entire barrel.
    I'm not a big fan of 0% gas except for in the arena. 25% keeps people in character. If you had most of the world 25% gas, it would actually be scary to go into enemy territory at times. I do missions shamelessly in omni territory even with my sub-50 lowbies. It's fun charming guards and dancing around them while enemy player in my range have to stand around and watch it happen to their soldiers.

Sure if the whole world was 25% sometimes omni would come right to the gates of old athen, or take over west athen for a time, but people below 75 are protected and under 75 are vunerable to guards, so it might not be as bad as you think. It might in fact create many role-playing opportunites that don't exist at the moment.

Doesn't it bother you when you see some 150 omni soldiers killing most of the guards in Tir or WA? I'm sure it does. Wouldn't it be great if YOU could do something about it?

So, since when were you a "civilian"? You sure you havent killed anyone? Not even mobs? You dont do missions and kill human mobs of the opposited side? Do you only use tradeskills to lvl?
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Chtonian

That's strange logic...
    You dont want that someone ask for PvP server,
    because PvP is almost the only fun on high levels ?
    Would not it mean that you would get even more of this "fun",
    since on PvP server everyone roleplay the war
    ( & PvPer are good roleplayer ) ,
    and happy to participate in PvP ?
    For the rules/zones on PvP server... they could stay the same
    ( just let "duel-Server" rules be different )
    I want to be able to do diffrent thing too, not only PvP, but it's a big part.

Right now it's working pretty good, I agree that some changes they make for PvP ruin for PvM, so why change it?

and what you want in a RP server? I can't really see how you can RP and follow the story(if there still is one) without killing anything.
    AO is about two sides that are at war, so can you give me an example what could be on a RP server?

Say that they start a new server without possibility to PvP, how many would start playing there, or would most people play on a server that have a mix there you can choose yourself if you want to PvP or not
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

I want to be able to do diffrent thing too, not only PvP, but it's a big part.
    So what is the problem with my suggestion ?
    Nothing will be changed. Just ppl. who dont need
    this aspekt of PvP ( by current rules ) will leave and join non-PvP server.
    Where we have more ppl., better atmosphere or even better RP -
    lets find it out !

Right now it's working pretty good, I agree that some changes they make for PvP ruin for PvM, so why change it?
    As i said, nothing would be changed on "your" ( guess you would stay with PvP ) server.
    So what are you worry about ?
    If it is working good or not - there are different opinions,
    i could quote/link many postings/threads, but we are talking here about
    freedom to choose, same as EQ players have.
    If they fail - let them fail, but EQ non-PvP server are more popular then PvP.

and what you want in a RP server? I can't really see how you can RP and follow the story(if there still is one) without killing anything.
    AO is about two sides that are at war, so can you give me an example what could be on a RP server?
    Well... first i would not call any of both " RP - non RP "
    Both can be RP to some degree,
    it's up to what is important for you,
    what you dont want to miss, and what you would gladly miss.
    ( i posted in Game Mechanics what i wouldn't miss )

Grid camper, zone camper, etc. are acting more as robber then as soldier.
    IMO there could be events like invasion, diversions,
    where players have an oportunity to PvP, to take part on story.
    I dont see what it have to do with story
    that ppl. get experience for killing mobs in "nobody's land",
    but heck, its fun, so we let ppl. do it.
    Say i'm Omni, Clan invade O-Trade; gas goes down to 75%, citizens should be informed
    ( so everyone can decide, fight with guards or hide in the backyard hehe )
    Till event is over
    ( exept Clan took over O-Trade... LOL But it should not happen too often,
    and Omni should be able to overtake it back )
    THAT would be fun.
    Diversions: i would even accept sudden death, being killed by Clan agent
    in O-Trade and without any warning.
    It should be just high risk for this Clan agent,
    and it should be part of story or at least his mission !
    ( if Coucil of Thuth have something against me )

Grid/zone camping is just lame.

Also if not penalties, at least bounty would be nice,
    so a Clan player, who killed a lot of Omni players
    would have a bounty higher then few mission rewards together.
    ( since we have already differentiation between NPC and PC;
    else you would have to apply 75% to all NPCs,
    or make 25% everywhere; guess it wouldnt work... )

Isn's it against RP, that Clan players kill Omni guards,
    and Omni players can not defend them ?
    Thats really sad, not just unrealistic and against any RP
    ( there you see the difference between NPC and PC more clear
    then everywhere else )
    When we already have this gas it dont make anything more realistic,
    or add anything to RP that you can be killed in MMD trying to get back to grid
    ( imo )

Thats all are additional suggestions,
    but even just with "duel-mode" on the second server
    i would be much happier,
    cuz i neither want to be lame ( grid / zone camping at all, killing lowbies ),
    nor give them pleasure killing me.
    And i want to explore all playfields.

Say that they start a new server without possibility to PvP, how many would start playing there, or would most people play on a server that have a mix there you can choose yourself if you want to PvP or not
    I'm not sure. But i think many would go to duel-server,
    and it dont need to be duel-only server.
    Guess PvP events would be fine almost for everyone.
    Everyone who want to take part in the battle can fight,
    others can hide in other zones or even log
    ( i would stay and fight, exept i have a very expensive item in inventory,
    then i would put it in bank first, and then take part on event if it's not over yet ,
    i mean with 13.8 PvP changes )

Or say you read Omni news: "Attention! Clan diversion troop detected!"
    You can stay and search or zone/log.

Also clan wars would be cool !
    ( the fight would be possible between members of Guilds involved in thier "private"
    conflict with each other, if they are respectively in 25% or 0% gas areas )

Quantar MP 61 Omni
    Yottskry NT 13 Clan
    Last edited by Cthonian; Feb 24th, 2002 at 14:51:43.

Here's a better idea for you, make 2 more servers both non PVP and one all Clan the other all Omni. Then not only will you never have to PVP there will be no conflict or competition in where you camp hunt and powerlevel.

Also each server can have it's own ending to the story-line, but you guys will be behind RK2 in line for story events and GM content. The nice thing about this is EVERYONE CAN WIN! On the clan server, at the end of 4 years the clanners win and live happily ever after and on the omni its the flip side. This will be awsome, because all opposition will be NPCs that are never rude, out of character or competitive for hunting spots.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Feb 24th, 2002 at 17:01:42.

Angry

Here's a better idea for you, make 2 more servers both non PVP and one all Clan the other all Omni. Then not only will you never have to PVP there will be no conflict or competition in where you camp hunt and powerlevel.
    why can not ppl. discuss with respect to each other ?

did i said, YOU should get a server with 0% everywhere ,
    non-stop PvP and nothing else ?
    You want a mix, me too ( you could know by now,
    if you have read my last post )

I'm not a big fan of 0% gas except for in the arena. 25% keeps people in character. If you had most of the world 25% gas, it would actually be scary to go into enemy territory at times. I do missions shamelessly in omni territory even with my sub-50 lowbies. It's fun charming guards and dancing around them while enemy player in my range have to stand around and watch it happen to their soldiers.

Sure if the whole world was 25% sometimes omni would come right to the gates of old athen, or take over west athen for a time, but people below 75 are protected and under 75 are vunerable to guards, so it might not be as bad as you think. It might in fact create many role-playing opportunites that don't exist at the moment.

Doesn't it bother you when you see some 150 omni soldiers killing most of the guards in Tir or WA? I'm sure it does. Wouldn't it be great if YOU could do something about it?
    What you suggest would be fine except that you KNOW that it would be abused. The gankers would swoop down and kill low levels, and prevent them from getting any higher (they would find a way around any level barrier). These people don't respect roleplay, storyline or anything. They just want to slaughter and then brag about how uber they are. Hell you have people right now who camp guards of their own faction, you think they're going to allow players of the opposing faction level?

The only thing that is now protecting those people who are just trying to level is the fact that they can avoid the pvp zones.

Funcom could allow players to assist the guards who are being attacked by programming in the ability to assist guards. That would take care of standing helplessly by while a guard gets slaughtered by a high level (whether of the same or opposing faction).
    Martial Artist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123