Thread: How do I avoid getting killed in 3 hits?

Question How do I avoid getting killed in 3 hits?

Greetings,

I did a mission near MMD and after saving outside the 25% zone I attempted to get to the grid. I got into town fine but suddently all my buffs scrolled across the screen, when I scrolled back I could see a level 73 char had hit me 3 times for max possible damage (the 40% rule, char attacking was a Soldier). I was level 5x and is a MP.

I'm a roleplayer and the leader of the Church of Ascension, so I don't have the time or money to create a super twink char, but I'm hopeing that I can atleast change something to prevent 40% damage on every hit.

Everyone yells about these super twinks chars, but I've never seen anyone really analyze the situation and see if we atleast can reduce the damage they do, if it had been a 5-10 hit kill I would have been able to get away. (Unless something prevents me from gridding when attacked.)

Meta-Physicst level 56
    HP 1K
    AC around 1K (Waitt self aquired in missions so around QL 50)
    High Evade/Dodge but not maxed, imps to help out but they are QL 30 now. I can upgrade to QL 50, but thats max with my stats.

Kind Regards,
    Miravlix

Max evades.

But it won't do much against someone buffed with Universal Vulnerability Compendium, which adds 24% to his criticals.
    On the top of that, he was probably using a targeting scope, reaching 30% critical chance at least.

When you have to run into a 25% zone, don't forget to cast your +60 evades nano. It helps. Well, it should

Some people seem to think that using IP on evades at this time would be pointless, the people that can attack me is so twinked that there is no way in hell I can reduce the chance of 3 hit kills.

If I want a 'fair' chance anytime I'm in a zone below 75% it seems I have to wait another 100 levels to go there.

Oh.... and if your in combat you can't use the grid... just an FYI.

Originally posted by Miravlix
    Some people seem to think that using IP on evades at this time would be pointless, the people that can attack me is so twinked that there is no way in hell I can reduce the chance of 3 hit kills.

If I want a 'fair' chance anytime I'm in a zone below 75% it seems I have to wait another 100 levels to go there.
    If you want to be good in PvP you should stay at lvl 74 with MP.

If I don't have essence and/or doc hp I often get killed in 3 hits too. and I have maxed evades(around 670 I think)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

If you want to be good in PvP you should stay at lvl 74 with MP.

If I don't have essence and/or doc hp I often get killed in 3 hits too. and I have maxed evades(around 670 I think)
    Maybe, but if you want to do BEST in pvp (would suck big in pve) you should not add any to your body dev at all, if you got 40 health and a layered 650 protection, and ppl are only able to do 40% dmg of max health to you...
    NT phone HOME!!

????

Garzu, does the 40% apply to all attacks, or... only specials ?

When I get hit for 1100 with 3500 HPs, it sounds like only specials are capped.

Re: ????

Originally posted by Miriandel
    Garzu, does the 40% apply to all attacks, or... only specials ?

When I get hit for 1100 with 3500 HPs, it sounds like only specials are capped.
    It's always 40% of max hp, if you only have 1k hp, crit will be 400 each time, if you have 2k it will be 800, doesn't matter if it's special or not

Maybe, but if you want to do BEST in pvp (would suck big in pve) you should not add any to your body dev at all, if you got 40 health and a layered 650 protection, and ppl are only able to do 40% dmg of max health to you...
    I know he only joking here, but if anyone actually beleive him...if you have really low hp you will ALWAYS get hit for 40% so you will always die in 3 hits, and that is really bad
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It's 50% regular, 40% special. My rifle will cirt a regular shot for 1800, in PVP, it will do a max of 900, or 50%, be that person green, yellow or red to me.
    Grupert

Re: Re: ????

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

It's always 40% of max hp, if you only have 1k hp, crit will be 400 each time, if you have 2k it will be 800, doesn't matter if it's special or not

I know he only joking here, but if anyone actually beleive him...if you have really low hp you will ALWAYS get hit for 40% so you will always die in 3 hits, and that is really bad
    Hehe, well, im talking theory, not joking actually...

What I say is that under the current rules it can pay off to have as little health as possible, lets take a look:

Lets say I am a lvl 167 NT with 50 health (not very likely, but just for the example) The max dmg a player can do to me is 20 dmg, now, if I got a Advanced Collapsing Barrier, 650 layers, that would mean for each hit the layer will absorb 20 dmg... and 20 dmg in 650 layers is 32,5 hits... then with my 50 health it will take 35 hits to kill me...

This is only theory, so must not be taken to serious...
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 24th, 2002 at 06:59:51.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu

Omg Garzu your a bloody genious!!!!

LOL, Garzu is correct, and it goes to show how f*cked up the whole pvp system is.

Time to start looking for ways to debuff my body dev

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

how long would it take

for a MA to hit 30 times? they're fast... but poo.

plus, how would you manage to get up to whatever level it takes to use layered protection with 40 hitpoints?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by Snarf
    Time to start looking for ways to debuff my body dev

Snarf

We are now waiting for the IP wipe
    NT phone HOME!!