Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crits are too darn easy

Bah

That's all I can say to this thread. There is a problem with crits in PvP and PvM. If FC does anything will be another story.

Azzazzimon, then if I spend the ip in the right areas, can my soldier have a heal pet? Not that it matters, if I PvP, it'll be in a group setting. This duel bullsh*t isn't worth it unless you make a twink and test him out in the arena.

As for Livewired, he didn't kill me in three shots, so I'm guessing he didn't have UVC on at the time. I curse our PvP areas, there is nothing there worth fighting for, nothing interesting(except maybe Camelot's keep).
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Azzazzimon, then if I spend the ip in the right areas, can my soldier have a heal pet? Not that it matters, if I PvP, it'll be in a group setting. This duel bullsh*t isn't worth it unless you make a twink and test him out in the arena.
    I have really no idea what you mean here, please explain a little bit better of why you should have heal pet.

It's very good to quote the part you comment too..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

hmmz

1. Evades are not useless in PvP at all, they very much work, and anyone who has cared to test it will agree.

2. Make critbuff selfonly, that way MA's will get an edge and still have something for the puny agents.

evades are usefull at low levels,but the higher you get the less they matter.

I have experimented with this and attack rating grows faster than evades on 99% of the chars in the game. When the gap between evades and attack gets big evades dont do a lot.

In pvm it is a completely different story for some reason. Dont ask me why but they reduce crits a lot more than in pvp.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

critbuffs are it

I agree with fopus 100%

If you nerf the crits overall, NTs will become more powerful than you'd like to think, as will MPs (ahahahaha we need that). What needs to be done is MA critbuff self only. Along with some real lovin for MAs this will make them viable again, also since aimedshot is so nerfed this will allow agents to not have wasted millions of IPs on the dark blue skill shotgun that they need for OETs which are very crit-friendly rifles.

An agent in pvp is like a gimped out trader working at about 25% efficiency, this would help this. A MA is like a leet with arms, this will help this too. I'd have to say this shoul be implemented WITH the IP reset if it ever comes so that classes that picked up shotguns on the side for critting could re-allocate those ips to a weapon with a good normal damage, might make hammers a better weapon.

Self only critbuffs will solve this problem very nicely. No need to completely overhaul the game mechanics over this.

Oh but I think a complete game mechanic overhaul IS needed.

Let me just list off some things I've seen in the past week.

* A level ~160 team without a critbuff, unable to kill one single Ace Ruffian. Eventually gave up and deleted the mission.

* A certain Neophyte soldier very irritated at having to zone 4 times to kill one single green monster, because of a lack of critbuffage.

*A certain Novice agent very irate and complaining that his critbuff was broken because he shot 6 or 7 times and failed to crit, only to feel much better a few minutes later when he crit 6 or 7 times in a row.

*Everyone over level 150, with the exception of Mayleen and her Rider Executioners, using crit weapons.

What exactly does this illustrate? It illustrates that for the most part, crits are all that matter at high levels. Without crits and/or critbuffs, a vast proportion of the most effective players in the game cannot even function at the barest levels. In PvP there are only two ways to do enough damage to kill anyone for the vast majority of players, crits.. and the burst/FA specials, but mostly crits.

I wrote a thread about "Make MA critbuff self only" once too. I see now that this is a very bad idea. People would leave the game in droves if 90% of players ability to do damage vanished overnight. No, I think we all have to be weened off crits somehow. The fact that the vast majority of weapons in this game do so little base damage most people would laugh at the thought of someone using em certainly doesn't help. The fact that high level mosnters HPs/ACs were increased to the point where nothing but crits can even make them blink doesn't help (I'm sure before this change crits were just hammering them into the ground, but I guess that funcom decided the problem was with the monsters defense and not with the players offense).

Anyway, before they go about changing anything.. there's one thing I gotta agree with.

Implement a fair IP reclaim scheme!!
    And keep it permanent so we can change our charachters a bit every once in a while if we get bored.

hehehe

1. that novice agent is a stupid prick
    2. i think he was kidding and was putting abit of hmmmm mental power into getting a new critbuff

And the the one who tested evades, i bet u didnt play with your agro slider while doing it.

Re: critbuffs are it

Originally posted by whiteaw
    A MA is like a leet with arms....
    ROFL!!! i should be offened cause i'm a ma but its so true lol.

Azz, from a pure weapons user perspective, it's a slap in the face when I see any class non-soldier running around with a Nova/Westinghouse/Flashpoint/Gamma Beamer/Man-portable. Weapons are all we have. After the TMS is down, and the specials are gone, I don't much left. The soldier doesn't suck, we're just very limited in scope. Several other professions are multi-purpose. On top of a pet, mez, root, calm, nuke, Aoe, heal etc. Therefore, I'd like a little bone.

Almost all classes in the game NEED crits to even be effective. So, the mobs are insanely powered compared to a PC character.

I agree with Vyecheslav. If you do something about crits, the mobs will have to be reduced in strength, then we can start focusing on the professions more.
    Last edited by Obergeist; Feb 28th, 2002 at 14:15:15.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

We all know how BS crit buff is in pvp. Unfortunately, FC has clearly stated they dont have any intention to make crit selfbuff only.

What about rework the whole crit thing in pvp ? Like make critical works only 1/2 or 1/4 half as good or just simply cap the critical to 20% in pvp.

Making the crit buff MA only or better yet MA/Melee only would be a good solution. This way it can only be cast on MAs and only modifies the chance to crit with close combat weapons/fists. Make the LLTS ranged weapons only in turn. I think that would be a nice and easy first step. The crat crit buff could remain universal since it is a smaller percentage and team dependent.

Mobs would have to be rebalanced at levels above 100, esp the 200+ ones. Giving those mobs 1000% more HPs than players was a very lazy solution to them being too easy to kill. What Funcom could have done is scale their AI based on level, make them use specials intelligently, work as groups, run for help, do all kinds of SMART things instead of just making them all HP tanks. To be honest PVM is totally boring past 120. Making the mobs intelligent and cooperative would go a long way to making the game more interesting. You could even give them the same HPs as players (and grant a bit less exp than they do now) but make them work as a team using buffs and healing intelligently.

With my NT re-roll, don't know how many times I've rushed a room of 3 yellow traders and AE nuked them all to death and not one of them bothered to ransack or deprive me. Or if they do they all cast the same thing at the same time, 3 deprives at once or 3 ransacks or 3 health funnles. sloppy AI.

Anyway that statement people make, can't nurf crits in PVP because it would throw off PVM is only true if PVM were a static factor in the game, and it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Feb 28th, 2002 at 17:44:51.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123