Hi Folks

Servers down so thought I would post an idea I had.

While hunting clanners in mort I cam across a few things that annoyed me a little
  • Instant deaths due to alpha strike

Personally don't like this, anything that instant kills you thats around your level isn't much fun, but having said that I can live with that one. I certainly won't be disappointed to see crit and alpha strike nerfed in PvP in some way.
  • 75% safe havens in 25% zones

This one annoys the hell out of me, WTF is an area doing in a 25% zone whats 100% safe all the time, morts the area I have the most experience with so i'll use it as an example but i'm sure many clan player killers have meet the same problem in different zones.

I personally hate seeing the clan all nice and safe in the mort op, especially when there not out in the 25% area where i'm looking to hunt them This style of fighting stinks of MMD and I hate that place mainly because players can sit in safety and run out and attack you at will quite often when your busy ganking someone else.

Make every 25% zone just that, no safe areas, no where to run, no where to hide where you got 100% safety. Move the Reclaim terms into 1 way only buildings where you can zone out but not back in. There always a few empty buildings in op's just use some of those, this preventing the real griefers doing any harm.

I personally want to the option to walk in mort op with a group of omni and lay down the law omni style to the clanners in there own base and hopefully kick there worthless hides out of the zone unless there willing to fight over it. 75% areas in these zones totally prevent this. needs fixing!
  • Untouchable players in 25% zones
Another thing that bugged me, I quite often hunted in mort and had a lvl 74- follow me at close range, presumably giving my location to everyone one in ooc, again totally uncool, if a lvl74- goes into a 25% then expect to be ganked those kinda of tactics just arn't good.

I also watched another instance of an abuse of this level limiting on PvP (was a good tactic btw 10 out of 10 for the idea it just sucked because we couldn't do anything about it) me and a group of omni were fighting over mort with some high level clanners, it ended up they retreat to the 75% area, zoned and them camp the border area of it by the op /me despairs.

What happened next was they gather all the low level clanners together (lvl74-) and have them charge us, took me a few seconds to realise what was happening, followed by the high level clanners, trying to tab onto the people we could attack was a real nightmare, especially trying to find the key guys we wanted to take down 1st.

Remove this stupid level limit on PvP.
  • 15 second grace period

No problem with this one, when people are zoning into 25% area, but you shouldn't get it while crossing over from a 75% area to a 25% in the zone itself where no loading is required, just give a message stating you just entered the 25% area. Another thing I would like to see is if you cross into a 25% then you shouldn't be able to cross back into a 75% area and be safe. Once you crossed that line you should be open to attack regardless

• Zoning when engaged in pvp

Another thing that bugs me people hunting by doors to zones, personally speaking I would like to see it either impossible to zone except via a whompa or zone wall to prevent this. Even better is to have a 30 second timer that allows you to follow your target into that zone and if you load into that zone before the timer is up you are free to attack them regardless of gas levels.

• Guard respawn times in 25% zones

Stupidly too fast, guards in 25% zones should be made as hard as nails, but if a team is good enough to take them out then should have a long respawn time so the attacking team can move into the base, take all the guards out and any players there all before the 1st guard you killed respawns on you.

My rant nears its end chaps In closing I think we should have:
  • 100% = no combat
  • 75% = Monsters only
  • 50% = PvP but with level limit rules (like what we have now in 25% zones) could call it a zone where rules of engagement have to be followed etc.
  • 25% = clan vs omni but with no rules, total PvP anyone of any level can kill you anywhere, shops and all buildings (except the one way building i suggested above) they should all have the gas level of the zone there in, see it as an extreme hazard zone.
  • 0% = all of the above but no limits of any kind on PvP (mayhem type)

On a personally note as you the reader can probably tell I love PvP and I dearly want to see it open up a lot more, I'm sure i'm not alone in that. If you have a keen interest in PvP, be it you agree with me or not I would love to know your view. If however your a typical carebear "I can't stand PvP" and your only comment is "we shouldn't be forced into it" then take your comments else where, I believe there are few posts already along those lines.

P.S make the whole of MMD like the 50% zone i mentioned above

Best Wishes

-Nat