Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here you can post your pvp experience against doctors, and when you last killed one

gee sorry

gee..i guess i meant you CAN debuff my nano can u not? not nano shutdown like MPs. my bad on words. and i cant hit you with my fists when i get rooted over and over with a nuke in between and i cant heal either and if i do catch up nullity gets cast so i cant even put 1 point of dmg on you.

as i said in a different post...i have fought both snarf and vatawna in the arena and i didnt even scratch them. oh..did i mention getting blinded?

do u disagree garz that a lvl 170 MA should be able to kill a lvl 140 NT?

personally garz..i like teaming with you..but alot of your posts here make you look like a jackass.

ok sorry

well im sorry i said that. im not going to edit it out however.

i am just extremely frustrated.

and it seems takuan called you on it.

if i hurt your feelings im sorry. its out of frustration.

alot of classes have had alot of stuff nerfed. but you know something? one of the only classes to not get something nerfed is the MA. know why? cuz how can you nerf DIRT.

Re: gee sorry

Originally posted by celestiness
    gee..i guess i meant you CAN debuff my nano can u not? not nano shutdown like MPs. my bad on words. and i cant hit you with my fists when i get rooted over and over with a nuke in between and i cant heal either and if i do catch up nullity gets cast so i cant even put 1 point of dmg on you.

as i said in a different post...i have fought both snarf and vatawna in the arena and i didnt even scratch them. oh..did i mention getting blinded?

personally garz..i like teaming with you..but alot of your posts here make you look like a jackass.

sigh

celest once again VAT and SNARF are not nanobreed NT's as about 98% of us are you can not copare besides both are rater high on the food chain, i cant rember teh time i beat a ma, i just caant

when

when was the last time you pvp w/out a doc buff or essence? now and again i suppose....but i bet you none of the omni do.

regardless...i have been owned on several occasions by omni NTs 30 lvls below me using the same tactics i have posted above. nano or not. if i cant HIT them....they might as well have 100 HP instead of 3k

Takuan, I am not only talking about NTs vs MAs, and I know we usually own them, at least 1 vs 1, but NT must have weapon (of course he has too, or else he suck big time in pvp) to win, a shotty or specials or both. I also agree you need a boost.

The MA thing about them being the casters most dangerous opponent... well, that is not how it is now, I know this... but if you read the NT description aobut massive dmg etc... you will quickly realize that this is not true, MPs got just as good dmg over time as NTs best nuke, Crats got better nuke than NTs.... + they get pets and ALOT of other buffs etc..
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: gee sorry

OK, I just wanted no misunderstandings, I know about the problems you have vs rooting profs, and I do agree you MAs need a dmg boost, but as I have explained to Takuan, NTs was also promised alot of stuff, but its not even close to reality.

I know rooting profs owns you.

NO, I do NOT disagree with this!!! But moving to the jackass part, I believe I have made myself unpopular among healers becuase I want the same rules for dmg as for healing, and have used strong words for this. But when I see myself lvl 167 totally unable to do more dmg with nukes than a doc lvl 116 can heal, I find this very unfair, cause I do honestly think my nukes should do more dmg than ANY profession can heal for.

So, do you Celestiness think a lvl 167 NT should be able to nuke faster than a lvl 116 doc can heal for? Heck, I have the opinion that I should do more dmg with nukes than a lvl 167 doc can heal for.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: gee sorry

Originally posted by Garzu

Heck, I have the opinion that I should do more dmg with nukes than a lvl 167 doc can heal
    for.
    I think the opposite, then again everyone has an opinion.

Well

Garzu there is the way it is and the way it's supposed to be. Unfotunately for MA's we got the raw end of the stick, NT's didn't and calling for 100% damage back so that a select few classes can dominate pvp without question is simply short sighted. How about we ask funcom to just fix the whole thing, instead of forifying the class advantage of a few that currently dominate now.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Re: Re: gee sorry

NO, I do NOT disagree with this!!! But moving to the jackass part, I believe I have made myself unpopular among healers becuase I want the same rules for dmg as for healing, and have used strong words for this. But when I see myself lvl 167 totally unable to do more dmg with nukes than a doc lvl 116 can heal, I find this very unfair, cause I do honestly think my nukes should do more dmg than ANY profession can heal for.

So, do you Celestiness think a lvl 167 NT should be able to nuke faster than a lvl 116 doc can heal for? Heck, I have the opinion that I should do more dmg with nukes than a lvl 167 doc can heal for.
    My opinion is that not a single prof can/should be able to kill in PvP without weapon, a soldier use weapons as only attack. a NT use it as secondary attack, nuke then weapon to do the extra damage to kill someone.

You know Garzu that I don't have anything against you, we teamed afew days ago and made jokes about all this, but as a balancing issue, I think you are very wrong
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Re: Re: gee sorry

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

I think the opposite, then again everyone has an opinion.
    You do? Well in pvm i do more dmg with nukes than you can heal for, that was as intended... Now they made a quick fix to this to prevent instakills, now the balance between dmg and heals is disturbed, and needs to be looked at.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: Re: gee sorry

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    My opinion is that not a single prof can/should be able to kill in PvP without weapon, a soldier use weapons as only attack. a NT use it as secondary attack, nuke then weapon to do the extra damage to kill someone.
    Well, the problem for NTs now is that the nukes is no longer their main attack... our nukes sucks to much to be "useful", well, they do additional dmg, but we all know taht a good scope and a crit buff on a shotty or some other good crit weapon totally outdmg NT nukes, my main attack is now my Flashpoint... Crats and MPs can get same or better nukes than us, but thats another discussion

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    You know Garzu that I don't have anything against you, we teamed afew days ago and made jokes about all this, but as a balancing issue, I think you are very wrong
    Thanks for saying that, to many ppl take my 100% dmg whines to much personal, as if I was attacking them personally... I do have honest problems with this, I do think when my nukes originally was balanced vs heals 100%, and then suddenly gets 50%, I honestly believe this was not intended, the fact that this works very well for the docs, of course, but it does not work at all for a profession that is supposed to be one of the major dmg dealers in the game.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: gee sorry

You do? Well in pvm i do more dmg with nukes than you can heal for, that was as intended... Now they made a quick fix to this to prevent instakills, now the balance between dmg and heals is disturbed, and needs to be looked at.
    In PvM you're fighting oponents that have about 10x more HPS then players. (Minor oversight on your part.) If players had 10x the hps then damage would have never been dropped to 50%.

That aside, I think doctors should heal for more then NT's nuke for since heals take 2 nano skills and as a result have a lower attack rating (lower max effect) while NT nukes take one nano skill that you can max out with everything and get hits closer to max effect (damage)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: gee sorry

In PvM you're fighting oponents that have about 10x more HPS then players. (Minor oversight on your part.) If players had 10x the hps then damage would have never been dropped to 50%.
    You know just as well as me that it was instakills that was the problem, our nukes would have been fixed with only 100/40% cap, it was the specials everybody complained aobut...

That aside, I think doctors should heal for more then NT's nuke for since heals take 2 nano skills and as a result have a lower attack rating (lower max effect) while NT nukes take one nano skill that you can max out with everything and get hits closer to max effect (damage)
    You dont heal for more than i can nuke for dmg pvm, so why should it be different in pvp?

And by saying this, you mean that MPs and Crats nukes should do more dmg than you can heal for? They have two skills for their nukes you know...

And its so silly to argue like that... I dont care if FC added another skill to our nukes, my Nano skills are all maxed anyway, and I got much higher MC than required, I can remove immplants for MC and still cast the best NT nuke... I can replace faded or bright MC cluster for any of the other nano skills, does that mean I should do more dmg with nukes? LOL, plz Sent, this is to stupid.

You are aware some weapons require 7 skills to use? Does that automatically mean that it should outdmg a weapon that requires only 1 skill or even a weapon with 6 skills to use? Becuase that is not how it works in this game...
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 24th, 2002 at 06:17:17.
    NT phone HOME!!

I have said it before and I'll say it again...

PvP will be broken until Funcom realises their mistake and goes back to one PvM/PvP combat system with 100% damage and 100% heals! You simply cannot have two different systems.. it's illogical! It was an easy way out for Funcom to nerf damage in PvP
    because they couldn't fix the real problem - overequiping and buffs that weren't implemented correctly (read crit buffs, that SHOULD be self only and affect only MA attacks).

If I have a nuke that does max 2K damage then it damn well should do that max damage instead of 1k max damage for some reason known only to FC!

I don't mind if someone crits on me and kills me in two - three shots, but that should be RARE! You know, s**t happens, but not all the time...

And I don't mind being instakilled by an agent who shot me with an Aimed Shot for 5K damage... that's the whole point of AS isn't it? He's far away, he aims, shoots, you die... but that should also be quite rare...

I think PvP should be balanced towards team effort, not stupid 1 on 1 duels. There is much more strategy in team PvP and it's just more fun (uhm.. yeah I don't care about titles, but if FC ever decides to fix title system for team PvP they are more than welcome to do so ).

I strongly belive that classes should NOT be balanced for 1 vs 1 fights.. it's impossible and again, illogical. Trader has no business fighting an Enforcer and wining.. this just doesn't sound right to me.

sorry if this was a bit off topic...
    just my opinions... take care .

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Originally posted by Nexuss
    I have said it before and I'll say it again...

PvP will be broken until Funcom realises their mistake and goes back to one PvM/PvP combat system with 100% damage and 100% heals! You simply cannot have two different systems.. it's illogical! It was an easy way out for Funcom to nerf damage in PvP
    because they couldn't fix the real problem - overequiping and buffs that weren't implemented correctly (read crit buffs, that SHOULD be self only and affect only MA attacks).

Doh, who wanted the dmg cap? the players and mostly the nt comunity that got 1 shot killed all the time. I have to ask, did u play high lvl game 100+ under those rules?

If I have a nuke that does max 2K damage then it damn well should do that max damage instead of 1k max damage for some reason known only to FC!

Well, reason is also known by FC but proposed by the player comunity.

I don't mind if someone crits on me and kills me in two - three shots, but that should be RARE! You know, s**t happens, but not all the time...

Ohh, so u are saying it's ok for u as a NT to instakill other ppl with one nuke, but them killing u with 1 or more shots should be rare?

And I don't mind being instakilled by an agent who shot me with an Aimed Shot for 5K damage... that's the whole point of AS isn't it? He's far away, he aims, shoots, you die... but that should also be quite rare...

Ur nuke will still hit that agent for xxxx dmg killing him/her with one nuke while hiding behind nullity and rooting, but his AS killing u in 1 shot should be rare??

I think PvP should be balanced towards team effort, not stupid 1 on 1 duels. There is much more strategy in team PvP and it's just more fun (uhm.. yeah I don't care about titles, but if FC ever decides to fix title system for team PvP they are more than welcome to do so ).

Team PvP at the moment is actually more fun then before, now the fight last longer then 3 sec.

I strongly belive that classes should NOT be balanced for 1 vs 1 fights.. it's impossible and again, illogical. Trader has no business fighting an Enforcer and wining.. this just doesn't sound right to me.

Well the Trader has a gun hiding behind his desk....what are u comparing this game with? RL? I've yet to see a NT walking the streets....

sorry if this was a bit off topic...
    just my opinions... take care .
    Have fun with ur NT, i did not even bother to check if u are one, from ur post i know....
    Last edited by Fryli; Feb 25th, 2002 at 12:47:22.

said i was sorry

said i was sorry in next post. still like teaming with you garz. was at work for 72 hours straight and read post after post after post on this subject, rooting, ****tyass MA fixes etc. and all pretty much geared towards the MA class..the one i have been playing since 10 min of AO goin life...just getting more sucky.

i havent lvld in like 2 weeks...cant stand playing my MA anymore.

last 3 times i pvp...i got killed by a soldier 22 lvls below me twice and an NT...35 lvls below me. 35....35....35....

Originally posted by Fryli
    Doh, who wanted the dmg cap? the players and mostly the nt comunity that got 1 shot killed all the time. I have to ask, did u play high lvl game 100+ under those rules?
    100/40 % for both healing and dmg will do the job. At the same time crits should get a big nerf in PvP.

Well, reason is also known by FC but proposed by the player comunity.
    And now we propose same rules for healing as for damage.

Ohh, so u are saying it's ok for u as a NT to instakill other ppl with one nuke, but them killing u with 1 or more shots should be rare?
    100/40% healing and dmg will do the job.

Team PvP at the moment is actually more fun then before, now the fight last longer then 3 sec.
    I dont see you teaming much...

Well the Trader has a gun hiding behind his desk....what are u comparing this game with? RL? I've yet to see a NT walking the streets....
    I have no problem with seeing that the PvP rules are totally unbalanced atm, do you have problems with that? The rules benefits heals and debuffs, the dmg profs are put far behind, the top PvPers are now debuffers and healers (not soldier of course, and some enfs do well too, but the rest of us without healing, is the total loosers of this system)
    NT phone HOME!!

I have no problem with seeing that the PvP rules are totally unbalanced atm, do you have problems with that? The rules benefits heals and debuffs, the dmg profs are put far behind, the top PvPers are now debuffers and healers (not soldier of course, and some enfs do well too, but the rest of us without healing, is the total loosers of this system)
    Correction the rules benefit Classes that can Root and Shoot/Nuke, can Negate damage with Shields and the classes that can debuff. I seriously do not understand why you either want Insta-kills or healing nerfs. That one doc you can't beat in PVP isn't worth nerfing all the healing classes.

If you called for a serious revamp of PVP I could agree with you but PVP is so messed up right now that going back to 100% damage or nerfing healing just takes those few classes with current advantages and elevates them to PVP god status. Why is this so hard to understand? I think you need to play a MA for awhile so you can see where we healing classes are comming from.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Originally posted by Takuan
    Correction the rules benefit Classes that can Root and Shoot/Nuke, can Negate damage with Shields and the classes that can debuff. I seriously do not understand why you either want Insta-kills or healing nerfs. That one doc you can't beat in PVP isn't worth nerfing all the healing classes.
    Huh? The 50% dmg benefits the healers, and the healers only...

Instakills still exists... I just want same rules for dmg as for healing, healing is the opposite as dmg, thats why we need the same rules.

Originally posted by Takuan
    If you called for a serious revamp of PVP I could agree with you but PVP is so messed up right now that going back to 100% damage or nerfing healing just takes those few classes with current advantages and elevates them to PVP god status. Why is this so hard to understand? I think you need to play a MA for awhile so you can see where we healing classes are comming from.
    Its messed up... but if healing is under same rules as dmg, it will be a step on the way to better balance...
    NT phone HOME!!

I believe I have stated this before, but heck I'll try again.

Ok lets say healing gets the same change...

Lets take MAs and Adventurers that depend upon their healing, they will be crippled. I'll go so far as to saying that they will be useless.

Docs will probably manage when they are higher level, but what about complete healing... It says heals the target to full health. Should it do so or not ? It basically heals for 10001 points... When I get lots of hp buffs I get far over 5k which it will heal for... what then ? then the description won't match....

Yeah I know nukes have a description that says it should nuke for xxxx damage to xxxx damage...

Lets say we put the damage to 100% again.... Then I would be able to insta kill a lot of people. Not fair if you ask me...

What I think makes pvp off balance is how long the roots lasts and how long debuffing will make you come. I mean I can use general debuffs, and those aren't even close to getting -1500 init debuffs... maxed I can get about 1100 to init with all the best buffs... Still leaves me to -300.... Since nano init isn't something that I'm very concerned with, casting mk takes 3-4 seconds longer...

Getting deprived and plundered leaves me to use the gun I hold in my hand.... How can I protect myself against something like that? Its no way in h... I can do it... So should all buffs be at 40/50% too ?

Think of it... there must be another way to correctly balance this so that debuffing helps, but won't let you neccesarily win the battle.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast