Thread: Healing and debuffs needs a BIG nerf in pvp.

Healing and debuffs needs a BIG nerf in pvp.

Yes, we need a BIG nerf to those very overpowered things in PvP.

Its just plain idiocy and insanity to claim otherwise, healing must be 50% and the debuffs need a much higher resist.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

ack, did Garzu pay you to whine for him?

without init debuff docs would have no chance to keep up with healing.

debuffs and roots are too powerful tho, but if they only fix Nanoresist it will make it so much better to see what really is over powered.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    ack, did Garzu pay you to whine for him?

without init debuff docs would have no chance to keep up with healing.

debuffs and roots are too powerful tho, but if they only fix Nanoresist it will make it so much better to see what really is over powered.

How wrong, without the init debuffs when I fought swicky he beat me, but it was a good fight, I actually got him below half

With init debuff he wiped the floor with me, as does every doc, something has to be done, but I refuse to scream for a nerf, try beefing up the other classes some.

And from what you say Azz they can keep up with the healing with the debuff... IE they cant lose... IE your making a point for the other side of the argument
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The Boss is running for the Master Nerf Monger title.

And from what you say Azz they can keep up with the healing with the debuff... IE they cant lose... IE your making a point for the other side of the argument
    I'm not really on either side on of the argument, I want a balanced PvP game and I want them to fix stuff like Nano resist before they start to balance it.

and just because the doc win over you without the init debuff it doesn't mean he is overpowered.

PvP is alot about luck too, sometimes I don't crit at all in 10 shots, then I will die, sometimes I get 3 crits in a row, then the doc will die.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I'm not really on either side on of the argument, I want a balanced PvP game and I want them to fix stuff like Nano resist before they start to balance it.

and just because the doc win over you without the init debuff it doesn't mean he is overpowered.

PvP is alot about luck too, sometimes I don't crit at all in 10 shots, then I will die, sometimes I get 3 crits in a row, then the doc will die.
    1) if a doctor (think about it, doctor) can toe to toe with me at even levels (even green) and I have no chance of winning then it is not balanced. I am enforcer, I am the "king of melee". If there is anyone that can toe to toe with me and me not have a chance to kill them then balance is wrong.

2) and just because the doc win EVERY TIME over me without the init debuff DOES mean that he is overpowered. I never said it was healing, you can atribute it to shotguns, crit buffs, whatever, but he IS overpowered (this is toe to toe with an enforcer mind you) when I am happy to halve him with a speed capped Q200 beam (known to pretty much all enforcers as the BEST melee weapon in the game)

3) what class are you that you dont crit in 10 shots? I never NEVER see 10 attacks without a crit unless I am fighting an MA (as funny as that sounds). *edit* oops, your MA, I feel for you.

I am no pvp slouch, I am a rookie, and have been for months. There is not enough pvp on RK2 to elivate me atm but I surely dont die very often at all. Anyone who knows pvp knows that one death is like 392847928347 kills, so just to KEEP a title says something.

Do you pvp? really, I want to know.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

I am the "king of melee".
    All the problems start when people start up the self proclamined King of something routine.

Doctors are the Kings of Healing therefore they should be unkillable! see?

Originally posted by Dr. Sent
    All the problems start when people start up the self proclamined King of something routine.

Dr. Sent please read Yazules post again, especially this part:

Originally posted by Yazule
    I am enforcer, I am the "king of melee". If there is anyone that can toe to toe with me and me not have a chance to kill them then balance is wrong.
    You should be killable when standing toe to toe with an Enforcer. You should die to an Alpha. Right now Docs are unbalanced ...

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

can you read man? I said and now and now I will quote myself

I am enforcer, I am the "king of melee". If there is anyone that can toe to toe with me and me not have a chance to kill them then balance is wrong.
    ok now lets take out the part that has words you dont understand it seems .

have a chance to kill
    a doc has a chance to live (hahaha now that is a funny statement) because they are the kings of healing.

Chance - the possibility of doing something

get it?

If you are going to comment on my posts at least READ WHAT I SAY.

Picking out "king of melee" and not reading anything else is downright dumb of you.

Docs are the "kings of healing"

NT's are the "kings of DD"

Crats are the "kings of EXP"

Fixers are the "kings of speed"

Traders are the "kings of buffs"

Solja are the "kings of sheilds"

Advent are the "kings of morphs"

Agent are the "kins of stealth"

Do you understand? I sure hope so. Get a clue and stop throwing garbage on the boards. If your not gonna take the time to read then take the time to go get a burger and a movie and just stay the heck away.

Just a side note, if "king of healing" means you are unkillable then you are implying that healing is overpowered, IE your giving me ammo against your point with your own words. Risk vs Reward, Funcom talks about it, no reward for no risk.
    Last edited by Yazule; Feb 21st, 2002 at 21:02:21.

ROFLOL

Don't forget MA's!!!

MA's are the kings of being everyone else's bi_ches.

Class

My intent with this post is not to flame, but simply to make a point. With different classes comes diversity and diversity in its self breeds inbalence. There is not a MMORPG on the planet right now that is "balenced" (please site one if you think this in incorrect).

There is no doubt that in this game inparticular there is too wide of a gap between the professions. But there is no doubt that this game will NEVER EVER be balenced for one on one (or one profession verses another). I cannot directly state that the doc is or is not overpowered, but looking at it from a slightly different point of view. What if you were in a PVP team, is the doc overpowered in that situation? First off if your in a team verses team situation the doc better be your first target if you want to survive. I can say from experience that with a couple of debuffs you can mop the floor with docs all day long. Im not saying there is not a problem here, I am simply suggesting that you look at all the angles before you cry nerf. Perhaps one on one the doc should be extremly difficult to kill. But in any other situation next to useless unless he can be protected by a team mate. I think there should be professions that have advanteges against specific other professions. With my eng for example I try not to tango one on one with a rooting class because if my pet gets rooted im smoked. In a team though I can be more effective. I try to avoid agents and solders in one on one with my trader because my root has no effect other than a means of escape as they can outrange me anyway. I don't pvp with my fixer because it is a worthless venture (point of a class that there is too wide a gap).

I admit that there are problems, and they need work but lets be constructive and make sure we cover all the angles before we request changes. I have not, nor do I play a doc by the way.

Couple other things that I find a bit out of touch, nukers range. Is it far that a caster can attack me at a range that the game mechanics forbids a range weapons user to attack from regaurdless of equipment? Why do I see TONS of agents with titles and yet they are crying all over the boards that there gimped? Don't nerf the agents and the nukers though, give me the range that I earned by equiping things that increase it so that I can compete. Why would I spend a bunch of ip's on a movement predictor? So my range is suppose to be 54 but does it matter? Nope sorry 40m is all you get.

People cry about shotguns (my eng by the way weilds pistols as he was intended too, and my trader uses shotguns as he was intended too although not the more popular varieties) and the crits. But the truth is we have to rely on a random chance to hit crit while most other ranged weapons have a special that virtually guarenties a high quality hit need examples? Aimed shot, Burst, Full-Auto, I think you get the idea. I am not *****ing about others abilities and for the love of god stop nerfing the classes.

I think we would all be much better served if we say "Hey I think this is a bit out of line" and offered a valid non nerf solution to the problem. Thats all I am trying to say here.

My 2 cents

Is this your 4th whine about the same thing?

I hear that if funcom see's the same person start at least 24 different threads all complaining about the same issue that funcom will immediatly nerf whatever it is you're mistaken about being overpowered.

If you hurry you can get them all in under an hour!

Flame

Now I am going to flame as previously I did not notice the original posters sig.

Lets see enf, can't heal so the first nerf does not affect that class, can't debuff but can be hurt by them so the next nerf serves enf purpose, hmm MA crit buffs self only well that does not really affect enf either seeing how you got your own specials for doing great damage.

Ya, this is a great formula to make the enf class overall uber rulers of pvp. Wonder why you did not through in nuke nerfs and pet nerfs to polish the rest of the profs off? Throw a root break in there too, oh ya you got one. Hmm what else

This mentality makes me sick and is childish. Hey some doc beat my arse and now we need to nerf him and everyone else so I will never lose. Bahh I hope the more inteligent posters can see the dangerous flaw in this logic.