Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neutral Application Forms

Correct me if I am wrongbut when creating a character doesnt it say you may choose to change sides later, but doesnt tell newbies that they cannot change to neutral?

This is very misleading. Someone can start this game with the info they are given and think that they can change to a neutral later. Who cares about the Rp aspect of it for now, that is just misleading people.

Talking

Jadye raised some good points in his post, for the sake of space I won't quote the whole thing over again

I was thinking of trying to tie in a political democrat/republican quasi example at first, but since republicans and democrats dont usually shoot at each other (on a regular basis), I couldn't quite pull it off

The way I see AO, In a sense you dont claim an affiliation, it makes a claim on you. Once a side has made a claim on you, the only way to get rid of that is if the other side makes a claim on you. Neutral, isn't a side, so it can't make a claim once you've left it. Gives me headaches :P

Still, I would like to see a bit more grey to overall affiliations. Especially with Notum Wars coming out, and it being theoretically possible for Omni to attack Omni, and clan to attack clan. You could end up with a buncha splinter groups that vie for control. In this example you could very well end up with "republicans and democrats", both sides are "american" but are in conflict with each other under the same flag.

I think it's about time we left folks go neutral. I've never once believed the argument Funcom makes that says something like "once you've been in a faction the opposite faction will condisder you an enemy".

Unless you are Radiman or Ross, chances are most folks on the opposing side don't know who the heck you are or that you haven't always been neutral. If you are well known as a former Omni or former Clanner then folks that feel strongly will still come after you, whatever faction your in. Why have the game mechanics force it on them?

It really doesn't make much sense really in an RPing sense. I seriously doubt the reason for not allowing folks to go neutral is anything other than RP sense their is no gameplay reason to dissalow it.

If going neutral should not be a simple thing then implement one of the options that have been suggested before. Let the person do a hard quest to earn that application. Make a person lose a few levels (and therefore status) for going neutral. Make the application really expensive.

Fract

btw, here's an old thread on the subject for further reading...

Neutrality Application Forms - WHY NOT?

The ability to switch freely between Clan and Omni is what makes the inability to turn neutral so absurd. If anything, neutrality could be more appealing to those who tasted both sides and determined that they liked neither, rather than new arrivals that just couldn't make a decision right away...

Originally posted by Ahgenda
    If I could be Neut again I would in a heartbeat.

We're still trying to fight they system for you hon *hug*
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123