Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please. Auto-Attack Toggle On/Off

Please. Auto-Attack Toggle On/Off

I wish they would make so you could toggle Auto Attack On or Off. I hate that I Auto Attack when attacked.

Many times it would be more useful to be able to have it off.

Such as when mez'ing, trying to lose aggro in teams, etc.

I know it is simple enough to just tap attack off but when you are trying to heal and mez while turning down your DEF/AGR Bar while trying to not return attack its a pain in the butt.

I cant be that hard to impliment. But then again fixing backpacks you would think would be simple also.

I couldn't agree more. As an NT I've died more times than i can count cause the MOB animation kept going after I landed a mez (and hit Q to stop fighting) and I auto attacked back. Some of these cluster-f**ks would have been hilarious if I hadn't ended up dying at the end. As is, I now keep my agro bar just left of middle to avoid it. I lose on casting speed as a result and sometimes die cause I can't kill fast enough, but at least this happens less often than the debacles resulting from the auto attacks

Nothing to add. A toggle for auto-attack would help many and harm no one.

Bump.

This has been asked for many times, it would be really helpful for all crowd control spells and would prevent the annoying turning around when attacked while trying to run away.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Smack the esc key to stop combat. Use Q to start it.

Plenty of time to avoid a shotgun blast if you time the casting.

I oughta mention as well, that I fully support and desire the toggle feature.

try turning your agro below 50%

Didnt think I had to say it. I do it every time I pull one out of the first room of a mission (and I get only one a LOT)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

with agro all the way up, you auto attack back to a late hit whether you hit esc or Q (to quit fighting). the auto attack auto targets the mob. you see its health bar over its head but not in the UR corner of your screen (as you would if you had targeted it).

Another related problem that hasn't been mentioned so far and that is just as bad (I run into that one with my engineer) is that when attacked by multiple mobs you auto attack the one that hit you, not the one your bot is fighting (to speed up that kill, so your bot can help kill the one that is killing you). My UR corner shows the one I clicked on and want targeted, but I am shooting at the other one and I'm seeing his health bar over his head drop.

As I said before, the only reliable solution to any and all of these problems is to turn agro to just left of midpoint, but then you lose attack speed.

This really needs to be fixed

Get an Auto Attack Toggle

I am tired of injuring myself by banging into a Monster's Reflect Shield. I am playing a non weapon wielding NT and am tired of auto attacking monsters with reflect shields. I expect to get hit by a reflect shield when I run a program on a monster but I have no desire to get smacked for 40+ points of damage every time I swing at the stupid thing and hit it for 1pt!!. If I wanted to attack the monster with a weapon I would have put points into a weapon skill.

For those of you that say to turn down the Agg/Def slider this is not a viable solution. The slider affects casting speed, not just weapon speed. You set it lower you cast slower. That is NOT a solution!!

Why can't we have an Auto Attack toggle?

Unhappy Autoattack has caused more deaths for me than anything else

Calming mobs is an essential part of high level gaming. When I'm in a QL180+ mission, one additional mob popping into battle could end up sending most of the team back to reclaim.

Because of autoattack, calming mobs can sometimes be impossible. Many people use fast weapons (I'm using a Windchaser shotgun), and it is ridiculously easy to break calms. I probably calm dozens of mobs each day, and even I find myself occasionally breaking calms because of lag or what not. When there is 5 other people around, lag, and bullets flying everywhere, it's not always easy to tell which mob you're attacking.

Please, please implement a toggle or a way to customize auto-attack. I am aware that I can lower my aggro-def meter to a tick below 50%, but that slows down my heals/calms/drains dramatically.

Not to mention the fact that autoattack causes me to twirl around and face the mob that just popped up. When I am in charge of crowd control, I normally pull back the camera angle to get the best view of the situation. If an additional mob pops in and attacks me, my camera twirls around and then there is the second of disorientation when I'm trying to figure out which way I am now facing.

To bring up a related complaint, please add some options to customize the tab selection. Please remove team members from being selected when pressing tab if they are off the opposite faction. If I am not allowed to attack team members, why in the world are they tab-selectable?

The primary places for me to go to find high level team play is 20k or Broken Shores. Both places are meeting spots for omnis and clanners. It is almost guaranteed that each team will end up being a mix of both sides. There are not enough people at this level playing at any given point in time. The fact that I have to tab through most of my team members first before I select the mob always causes a second or two of delay before I can act. When an additional mob pops in, it is often faster for me to use my mouse to select it so that I can calm it. And as everyone knows, with lag and graphical slowdowns, using a mouse is a very error-prone method. If the add happens to attack someone who isn't attacking at the time, then I have to deal with the frustation of having to calm the same mob multiple times because of autoattack.

Please fix these very basic gameplan mechanics. The basics are very important and these two problems cause more frustration for me than almost anything else in the game.
    Last edited by Alynie; Mar 24th, 2002 at 11:22:00.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

bump
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I totally agree. I'm a puny nanomage and sometimes I forget to turn down my agro after I buff myself. Me autoattacking doesn't help my chances of escaping the mob.

Bumpage
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Bump forever

This is an old one indeed. Has been asked from day one. Its silly to lose control each time there is more than one mob. Add to this the heavy lag in fights and the fact that mobs run around like headless chicken and face the wrong way when fighting and you get a total mess. As a crat I have to stand back and cast on specific mobs and not shoot at mezzed ones. I want to fight the mobs, now half the time I fight the flawed game system to not getting me killed. Fights are automatic yes but some control over your chara is necessary to fight. Give us that control or get rid of the agg/def slider alltogether.

Val (this is a silly small bug to get you crazy)
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

bump

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow MEOW

Hehe. I'm gonna use Silkex's technique for infinite bumpage.

If you happen to read this, Silkex, just wanted to say that the guild is getting boring without you around to keep things fun and interesting.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

Enjoy.

quote by Gaute Godager
    • To split auto-return fire from a high Agg/Def setting. Right now, if you are attacked, you will auto-return fire when your Aggdef setting is above 0. This is a problem for all crowd-controllers, as they will hit the opponent just after making them sleep, and thus breaking the nano. The auto-return fire will be an option setting to control as you wish. You will then have to hit "attack".
      1. There will be a separate option for this feature to be auto-turned off in PvP, as having your character turn towards and hit on the other person attacking you might be something you really want. At least then you know where that person is...

NO!

Part of being more agressive in both shooting and casting speed is the downfall you recieve by being agressive and thats the fact that when you get hit you attack back. Its a balance issue people, you want to cast fast? Well then ya got to take a risk of getting whumped on. You want to be risk free then pull your agro bar down and cast slower. Or would you prefer the game was handed to ya? This is not a good idea, all it does is make the game easier for people who are satisified with nonchallenging gameplay.

Melbringi 90 Clan Fixer RK2

Melbringi NO !!!!

The point of attacking fast is that you defend less, not attack back. I play an NT, my attack is my nanos, not punching someone that does about 1 point of damage. If I equiped a gun then ok, but I dont. I dont want to punch either but I have no choice in the matter. You may as well just make the whole thing automatic and just sit back and watch. I want to be able to control as much as possible what I do in a fight.

As you said "Part of being more agressive in both shooting and casting speed is the downfall you recieve by being agressive and thats the fact that when you get hit you attack back."

Well as an NT my form of fighting back is with nanos not fists !! So why should I attack with them.

Originally posted by Melbringi
    NO!

Part of being more agressive in both shooting and casting speed is the downfall you recieve by being agressive and thats the fact that when you get hit you attack back.
    No, the downfall of being more agressive is that you get fewer benifits from your evades. Auto attack should not be linked to it in any way. What are we, Bezerkers?

From a pratical point of view, the auto attack is causing too many problems. You should be able to cast a Mezz at the normal rate and expect it to not break because of an unintended attack by you. You should control when you attack.

Simply put lag and poor frames per second makes auto attacking buggy. Funcom had better make it bindable to a hot key too.

Meow

I'll see your bump and raise you another bump.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

EQ and autoattack

One of the few things I enjoyed about EQ, and miss the most in this game (especially now that I bought the Bewilder NF) is the ability to stop attacking and not hit back when I turn it off.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast