Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventurers - Pushed to the back burner again...?

Adventurers - Pushed to the back burner again...?

Ok, this post isn't going to be a rant if I can avoid it ;-D

Basically, I just want to state my distaste for the fact that adventurers have once again been pushed behind another class for revamps.

I'll be the first to admit that agents need a patch. MAs need a patch. Many classes need patches. But the question that has to be asked is who needs it the worst? What class is the LEAST functional? At least in my mind, that question is disgustingly obvious: adventurers. Fixers are, I admit, a very close second, but neither of the classes is next in line...

The adventurer class is not good at missions. They are not good at soloing, or grouping. They are exceedingly poor at PvP, and almost equally so at PvM.

Maybe they need more weapon choices (though I plan on using assault rifles... hey, they're only medium blue). More than likely they need nano changes.

Their morphs are utterly useless. I don't mean this in a critical way, and I'm not trying to exaggerate... but they literally are useless, or next to useless.

Their heals are good... a little varied but I can accept that.

Their damage shields are a joke... 91 damage to a level 200+ creature? And 240 energy damage absorption? Thats what, less than 1 hit? Either the damage needs a large increase, the absorption has to change somehow to be more effective, or it needs to be a reflect shield instead of just damage shield. This line is fairly useless.

AC buff/run buff nanos... they're great except for the fact that they stop entirely at random. The runbuff gives us +40 at the first nano, +100 at the second, and then never progresses past about what, 250 skill req? And the AC buff does something very similar, but progresses to around 400-500 skill I believe. There's no obvious reason to me why this is... anyone else?

Lastly, our skill-buff nanos suck. I can accept this. It'd be nice to see some useful skills here so people will actually take PsyMod as a skill, but the fact is EVERY class has 1 or more bad nano lines... I'll accept it, as I, as an adventurer, am definately willing to give up buff lines like this.

I admit, it's a lot to be done. Drastic changes across the board pretty much. But has anyone actually seen the numbers or tested some of these nanos? Has anyone ever seen a poor adventurer unable to solo a 50% mission, or beat a green? If so, I can hope for some compassion here

If you agree that adventurers (and very soon, fixers) need some changes, please post here, and read the "Top 10" wish list for adventurers on their forum. The more support, the better.

We need a fix now... not in a month, not in a year... if we want adventurers to survive this world, we need this patch before anything else. Let the other classes, who are still fairly good and playable, albiet still unbalanced, wait. I think it's high time the poor advent's got a little love from Funcom.

You think they're gonna bump us?

I think that we need to make screen shots and give stats to the problems.

One of the things that really discouraged me was when I saw an adv lvl 100ish hit for 7 points with his pistols, which were ql 120-130... I myself was doing 20 points at lvl 50ish. The AC mob is very much guilty in this part, but the pistol stats too - not only the weapon stats, but the requirements. For the muchos Rider executioner dual weilder out there, you should see them how much of a crunch they are having to be able to do -ok- damage...

What is 20 points of damage at lvl 50??? NADA!! And not that I want to exaggerate, but those targets were greens. So what in the world is that about. Oh and when I got playful cub (by that time I switched to a ql 65 vektor --- lvl 55 by then), "7%" of additional damage. I think that would be fair, but it's not a percentage, it's just 7 points of damage!!!! what the hell!!!!
    So when I checked Grinning Hunter stats and Pit Lizard for the damage modification: 36 points I believe were for the Grinning Hunter and 40 points for the Pit Lizard. Am I going to invest so much ip's to get Pit Lizard just to do 4 more points of damage???? Jeez!!! Really guys when I saw the SIZE of the Pit Lizard morph, I thought that 40% of additional damage was downright impartial, BUT it's just 40 points of damage. Suxxors! And the AC of the morphs. For Pit Lizard, I was expecting a much better score than what it is now. Check the stats again. I mean dang it, this is the final and ultimate morph, just as much as the engy has a final and ultimate slayerbot.
    I think also that if you make those numbers a percentage, maybe then 36 for Grinning Hunter is too much - make it like 12-15 or something, BUT raise the critical hit chances. 1% of additional chances to crit... what is that all about???
    Anyways, I'll avoid going further more in those explanations; we have many posts and threads about those problems in the adventurer threads.

btw... bump.
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

Bump

Bump

The reason noone replys to adv posts is all advs switched to another class.. and the same old Adventurers post more and more theads noone reads.

Most higher lvl adventurers switch weapons to shotguns, rifles, or other big dmg weapons. My 100 adv always had his Slegdehammer, i'm doing ok dmg with it. What I want to say is dont give us a pistol and fling shot mastery, but a serious morph that gives general boost, advents use so many differant weapons. We needs to make better dmg, we can heal and buff our AC, but this does'nt help if we take 5 minutes to kill a mob. AdvClown you think the 1 crit hit bonus on the sabertooth morph is ridiculous, but it's actually the only reason i use it. +34 dmg per hit at lvl 80 lol! what we need is +20% or somthing, so it's useful for slow-hitting advs too. Crit bonus should be at least 5.
    That's just one of my ideas about fixing adv, sure we need much more improvements.

I really don't know why i continue playing moghir, in 15 to 20 lvl i'll get another useless morph (Relation to Cerberus), this one is even worse than the ql 83, it ads 14 dmg per hit! well it boosts speed a bit, that's good, coz if another green add in a mission we have to run quicky back to entrance!
    Then at lvl 150+ the calia sabertooth, at 180 pitlizard (both so far away i don't even dream of'em). We got heals (the only useful nanos), and shields (sometimes i use them, in pvp when i duell a MA). The eagle eye and other rifle buffs must be here to give a reason to the agent's "false profession: adventurer" nano..

The changes i mentionned could be very easily done in next patch, just modify morphs a little before starting the real adv fixing. Advs won't survive 3 other class fixes before them.

Sorry for my bad english
    Moghir
    Last edited by Moghir; Feb 20th, 2002 at 18:03:36.

Unhappy Sigh

Just adding my bump
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Cool Moghir

Bad english? What are you talkin' about? U good english dood

Yes well I DO think the 1 percent crit is a tad too low, that's all... not askin' for a 50 chance of crit if I go for major grinning hunter or whatever its name would be if there is any
    The numbers need to be changed and certainly as a percentage it would be great.
    Yes indeed your suggestions can be quick fixes and it would seriously make us much less tense and we would avoid getting all our fur spiked out when we see a green come up to us to see what's up I might be exaggerating for that, depends on what weapon you're using... For the pistols, well...
    Ah anyways...

Cheers!

~ bump.

/me quievers when he recalls the days he used his adv.

2 months retired rookie level 83 ADV.

( since then made 120 apprentice ENF ) ( 40 MP ) ( 10 trader )

no way im going to the adv unless a "serious" fix comes in affect.

p.s. Agents should not be ahead of advs in the fix, especially since the "debuff" roots thing is coming in affect where they won't break em.

~ but anyways, im not started a profession flame. Good luck advs, maybe some day we'll ( or should i say YOU) will be fixed.

-retired cub

BUMP

We need to keep reminding FC...

/bumpdance

Actually, I would throw a tantrum if they changed the damage bonus exclusively to a percentile. Many advents are or were originally (before switching weapons) fast-low damage dealers, and I personally usually don't hit for 100 points regularly (non-crit) as a level 56 (I'm a melee advent, 1he, that doesn't use riders). And because the damage addition isn't really that significant, it helps me the most when I start doing minimum damage (fighting npc advents, enforcers, soldiers, etc.); and when I'm doing minimum damage, I never do anywhere near 100 (which would be the same as a point addition; percentile only helps if you hit for over 100). Just my opinion.

Perhaps they could throw in a "point addition or percentile addition, whichever is higher" for you advents that use slow weapons. We do, after all, have such a wide range of weapon options.

Thumbs down Truth Other been fixed 2 - 3 times already we NOT!!!

This is Sux at lvl 154 i cant use Calia saber tooth i need wrangle 132 my int almost maxed i have q 200 implants !!! nano skills maxed i can do 51 dam shield and 373 ac ?? do i worth any thing ?Guess NOT!!!! we need to be fixed ! no one want to use cat form its bumping to much + 1 crit this is St00pid like it gonna help 25 to attack and evades waste of NCU!!!! + 34 dam with slow weap its nothing. -100 run no one want it + 60 ac its a joke it will probably lower damage for 3 points joke right when you got hit 300 -700 like it will help ?
    why WILDERNESS STOPED ? Why this dumb damage shield ? with litle absorbtion atleast this 51 dam shield need to have like 500 hp buff or some thig or its just a waste .
    Free movement we need more buffs like that + 200 + 300 + 400
    Health raise lower healing limit i have 550 - 950 make it 700 - 950 will be better at my lvl like i said when mob hits 300 - 700 and crits you for 1200 !
    Complete healing very slow 13 sec casting time you wil die before you finish!!!!
    Dragon form is SUX big big big piece of meat worth nothing if it add 40 % damage yeah but its just 40 points 640 hp nothing at lvl 185 when you can use dragon ! - 240 speed hahaha this crap its like a flying turtle !!!!!
    Sugestion Pistol need to be fixed and riders to wth with the damage RETURN MY FReedom armz Chapman !!!!! make it adv only !!!!
    Funcom said primary skills Pistols and 1 hs Why They so unusable !???? any idea (question to Dev Team) how about multi ranged Skill it gonna be like 850 at lvl 200 and alot pistols 1000 + !!!! this is sick you need to reduce that its not possible to use !!!!! + even this not going to help raise crit on pistol !!!
    and i guess there is alot thing to say about morphs but i let other folks to talk
    STASYC
    Adv 154 Rk1 KGB

Post here we go ...

bump
    -------

Why do they keep on focussing on some professions while leaving others straggling behind? There's waaaay too much of a gap already

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=10720
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Bump

bump
    "Today is a good day to...ACK!"

~ bump

keep up the good work advs !

The reason MA and Agent keep getting adressed is they are the favored class of the Devs... guess where that puts us on that list :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast