Thread: Forced implant removal?

Forced implant removal?

Is the idea of forcing implant removal on every player going to be in next patch, or hasn't Funcom got the nerve to release it yet?

It _will_ come... Player A that started playing in august could exploit lots of treatment issues and easily equip ql200 imps at lvl 70, whereas player B who started playing one week ago won't have that option. Ergo Player B will never have the chance to equal to player A, and a forced implant remove is coming... (edit, not necessarily my own view, but essence of thought for FC)

I'd like to see Funcom actually state on the forum what their people are saying off-hours.
    Last edited by DrCam; Feb 20th, 2002 at 12:01:15.

yes! do tell us!

I agree entirely. Please let us know the official FC opinion on this, and do not put such a change into a secret-patch-note. Although I agree that these treatment exploits were imbalancing, it is important to note that *most* of the serious exploiters have now leveled up to a point where they could use their implants naturally. (yes, I am aware of the more recent exploit... just saying that the GIGANTIC treatment issues of july-october have for the most part been dealt with just by leveling)

Zyxlquith

Wow!

You obviously play a Doc character. I can see it now...

Funcom forces everyone to re-equip thier implants, and suddenly half the population of Rubi-ka is looking for Doc buffs. I wonder who will make a fortune that day?

Not everyone who plays this game is an exploiter. As a character who has a light blue treatment skill, I've found that it's very possible to equip a fair number of high quality implants (50 ql over character level) during the upper mid levels (110+).

Yes, I do play a Doc char. But I also have other professions on my account. My post was not oriented at making money on treatment buffs or whatever, but at Funcom for letting their employees SLIP and tell people off-hours that a patch IS coming that will force-remove all implants. I don't mind, I can use my imps, I didn't use the bug. Besides, as Zyxlquith states, many can use their imps now due to lvling. And to those who used the treatment bugs, tough luck, deciding to rest your skills on a bug..

I'm confused... Was a removal of every implants planned, or officially mentioned ? I just remember that Gaute mentioned that the IP wipe will require the players to remove their implants, if they want it...

Removing implants would be painful for some people.

For instance, I equipped all my implants without any external buff. As an adventurer, I raised a lot treatment (which is green), and I have been able to put my ql110+ implants because my old implants were ql70 and were adding enough to my base abilities to meet the secondary reqs (agility, strength, stamina) for the new implants.

Of course, I moronically sold all my 70 implants to the shops just after, so if I remove all my implants, I'll be unable to equip them again.

"I'm confused... Was a removal of every implants planned, or officially mentioned ? I just remember that Gaute mentioned that the IP wipe will require the players to remove their implants, if they want it... "

well, I don't know how they're gonna do it, but it IS coming... trust a FC employee to talk to friends off-hours about his work

Red face q200 imps at level 70??

I don't think so...
    I hate people that exaggerate to try to make their point, because everyone just presumes they are correct and then the discussion takes that point as fact from then on.
    To put in q200 plants you need 419 ish in a base ability, how exactly do you intend to get that at lvl 70??
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Re: q200 imps at level 70??

Originally posted by Womble
    I don't think so...
    I hate people that exaggerate to try to make their point, because everyone just presumes they are correct and then the discussion takes that point as fact from then on.
    To put in q200 plants you need 419 ish in a base ability, how exactly do you intend to get that at lvl 70??
    Make them strength dependent, max strength, implant it (+54 for QL 90s), strength boost (+12), iron circle(+20), essence(+27), concrete cushions(+16), carrier craft if you're lucky enough to have one is minimum of +50 .. So that's 54+12+20+27+16+50 = 179, 419-179=240 base strength needed, and if you swap to QL125 strength implants you get 18 more strength, which means you only need 222 base strength. Of course, actually doing all this is a lot of work, so if you want to, more power to you...

I'm sad to say that I wasn't exaggerating.. People could actually do that granted that they actually wanted to.. cuz the treatment req was so darn easy to meet.. So FC calls it unbalancing and forces everyone to remove their implants (for myself, I'll just have to cast IC on myself almost to put them on again).

I'll state again.. I did not mean to exaggerate (hate me for that? weird..). I do not mean to make money off of treatment buffs. I just think FC needs to straighten up BIGTIME. Tell us plainly that it IS coming, at least. Don't just leak it around the edges of your four walls of an office...

Exclamation

If you are going to state opinions at least be accurate about it...

To equip ql200 implants all base abilities, or at least the one that your implants are dependant on, require 404 MAX.

Thats right. Get nano nanny and build some ql200's you'll see.

All one needs to do at lvl70 to euip ql200 implants is to make a set of secondary implants that boost your base abilities and treatment.

If you don't know how to do this or don't understand how to, I suggest you research it some before calling for a nerf.

One day your nerf that you call for now will come back and bite you in the ass.

Disclaimer:
    I am NOT flaming you, don't take this personal, I just get sick of hearing people that don't FULLY understand LEGAL game mechanics that say to nerf something.

(original post gone due to power outage, brief version coming here)
    Cyblade7, I'm not sure if you are responding to me or someone else posting here. But I never once said the word nerf, nor would I call it that. I'd most likely call it what Funcom thinks of it, "gamebalancing".
    I do know it's totally possible to equip ql200 imps, but I just haven't done it (call me lazy)

So I don't take it personally, I just would like to see you state who you were responding to.

Post In response to Womble...

I was referring to Womble's post about not being able to equip ql200 imps at lvl70.

I have never done it. In fact all my implants are ql125-145 atm and I am lvl111. I'm lazy too Drcam.

It just perturbs me when people say "How can you do that, there is no way!!", when in fact you can with some research, time and money spent. Doing this is not an exploit either, not using the treatment bugs just using good old game LEGAL mechanics.

There is a high level of complexity in this game. Unfortunately, if you do not optimize yourself in this game your "fun" meter drops drastically.

I suggest everyone get nanonanny. (www.nanonanny.com) It does wonders to your knowledge.

A possible difficulty with this....

I have not used a treatment exploit, and my current iteration has only been on Rubi-Ka for 4 weeks or so. At level 69-71, i upgraded all of my implants from 90s to 110s. When factoring out the stat boost i get from my 90s, i would not be able to equip many of my 110s. If this implant removal is 'mandatory', this will be a particular hardship to anyone who upgrades their implants as soon as possible to get the benefits as soon as possible.

I would ask that a mandatory removal be investigated VERY carefully, as this could put those who have utilized the system to its fullest extent in a difficult situation.

Just a thought.

-C

PS - I have given away most of 90s to friends already, so it would cost me considerable cash to re-build them.

BAD!

This is not taking into account the higher level game, remember that as you go up the advantages you gain per QL of implant at 100+ are not on the same ratio as benefits gained from implants below ( there's no magic number here, it's just a curve that gets ever steeper just like xp to level)

Honestly, the entire game is built on over equipping. There are no more treatment bugs that I'm aware of ( and I miss stacking.. but I won't explain why here). So the delimiting factors become this:
    NCU space ( Treatment buffs PLUS bootieloads of str and con buffs? Plus only about 40% of all implant types can be configured to str or con, the best you can get on the others is Agi. shiny spellcasting skill head implants come to mind in this category (int/psy/agi/sense only)
    Treatment:
    Ql 200 implants take over 950 treatment skill. Pump up your level 70 meta to that, then tell me how the hell you did it to begin with, because you're obviously in the know with something I don't, and I've been playing since day 1 (if you discount quitting for 3 months when they insulted me by taking away glorious and beautiful Knight armor instead of just nerfing it as it should have been.. FC's only fault is they tend to take the easiest way out of a bind, not the best way)

The implant system is quasi retarded right now anyways, even semi realistically it should be the treatment skill of the surgeon putting the implants IN that gets the treatment check and the implantee who has to foot the stat requirements.. who the hell would EVER hack their own leg off and perform delicate intramuscular surgery to throw in mechanical parts? that's like doing your own brain surgery.

People should whine about things that are actually broken. Calling for this nerf will harm the game in so many ways to the point where groups will be struggling with single oranges, which is a: lame and b: boring
    Besides have you seen the requirements on high level weapons? Explain to me how someone could equip the Edge of Tarasque without some heavy duty implants?

Anyone that's reached 115-120 or so can equip ql200 implants. It's not exploiting it's just playing smart. Most people already have the dependent skills to equip at that level and if they haven't it's easy to boost the dependent stat with stat bonus items or buffs. The biggest stonewall for over-equipping of implants at this point in the game is the treatment requirements and even that is easily got around. With maxed base skill, +20 gen buff, Superior First Aid +80, a med suit, +100 from clinic, you can equip ql140 treatment implants. They'll give you a further boost.

Once they're in swap them one by one for ql160-170's, step up again and hey presto you have +200 treatment with ql200 treatment implants. From there it's all about being smart about what implants you swap out and when, although some profs that haven't raise intelligence, sense and agility (dependent abilities for treatment and thus impart a nice bonus when maxed) might not be able to do this.

Exploit? No. Twinking? Hell yeah. Shame you almost HAVE to do it to remain viable. Or remain gimped as in my case, just gimped with a higher skill
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Re: BAD!

Originally posted by Alkanphel
    who the hell would EVER hack their own leg off and perform delicate intramuscular surgery to throw in mechanical parts? that's like doing your own brain surgery.

Besides have you seen the requirements on high level weapons? Explain to me how someone could equip the Edge of Tarasque without some heavy duty implants?

It is known to me that several Enforcers actually try to do their own brain surgery... result = well did you ever see an Enforcer ?
    they are not wearing tank armor anymore, they all run around in a dress.

Anyway the Tarasque should be wearable at lvl134 or so.. if you wear ql200 implants which should be possible if treatment is green. and agility is high enough.

Re: Re: q200 imps at level 70??

Originally posted by garpenlov

Make them strength dependent, max strength, implant it (+54 for QL 90s), strength boost (+12), iron circle(+20), essence(+27), concrete cushions(+16), carrier craft if you're lucky enough to have one is minimum of +50 .. So that's 54+12+20+27+16+50 = 179, 419-179=240 base strength needed, and if you swap to QL125 strength implants you get 18 more strength, which means you only need 222 base strength. Of course, actually doing all this is a lot of work, so if you want to, more power to you...

Just telling you, you dont get very nice head implants out of that... and to make all implants str dependent, you make yourself a total gimp, If I had a lvl 70 NT, or any other prof, and only install str dependent implants... well, good luck, you will come much further doing it without exploits...

Anyway, I believe we dont need a unequipping of implants.... I think we need an unequip of EVERYTHING, weapons, NCUs, armor, implants etc, absolutely everything... BUT, for this to happen without ALOT of protests and whining and crying, we need to have an IP wipe at the same time.... then I would be happy, and most others would be too...
    NT phone HOME!!

Unequip everything. I agree. Of course, I'm biased, all I need is a doc with +80 and an agent with FG to get everything of mine on, but still.

IP reset and unequip everything.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19