Thread: RP Sporting Event Idea

Lightbulb RP Sporting Event Idea

I saw the post about the Offline RollerBall league which is a great idea and I starting running things in my mind to see what could be to make a sport the is online and is not a race or a hunt and I came up with the following.

Basher Ball

The only Sport of Rubi-Ka

Basher Ball is a combination of Rugby and pro-wrestling all rolled into a fun game played in the Fields of Anarchy Online. Basher Ball has been designed to improve the role-playing aspect of Anarchy Online by giving players something to do other than Missions all the time. Basher ball is simple to play and is outlined below.

Rules and Regulations
    Teams
    Teams are to be made up of 6 players four of which will play on the field and 2 other will act as substitutes. While on the field there will be 3 positions.

Runner: The runner's job is to get the ball and run for the goal Runners should be very fact and should be players quick with there mouse.

2 Blockers: These guys try to prevent the Runner from reaching the goal. They should have High Melee skills to stop the runner.

Nanotech: The Nanotech acts as all positions from one time or another. He can use his non-damage programs to help the defense or he can take the ball and run for himself.

These are basic positions for the game but it should be noted that there are no weapons allowed into the playfield no matter what type.

Game setup
    The field will be setup near a reclaim terminal, hopefully a bank terminal and a scanner (this is very important). Basic markers such as lamps or plants will mark the boundaries of the field. All players participating should remove all armor weapons and what ever else they may be carrying and deposit them into the bank terminal. All teams members need to where the same clothes to tell each other apart during the game. Once the players are ready they need to make sure they are teamed together so that they can loot the same corpse. Once the field is ready and the players are ready the Officials of the game 3 in total, One Head Official that is in charge of the game and 2 scoring officials that play in each end.

The Game
    The game is started with both teams waiting on there respective end lines. The Head Official will place the ball (an Item that can be clearly identified as a ball, probably a blue pearl) in the center of the field. He will then start the match and both teams will advance on the ball to claim possession of the ball. Fro the point on the game works much like rugby/ the player with the ball may decide the carry the ball or drop the ball to the ground for another player to pick up the ball. The player keeps possession of the ball till he his killed (sound harsh that’s why we save right before the game). When a player is downed the opposing side has first rights to the ball. And the whole process starts over from there. If a player should make it to the goal line his team is awarded a point. He signals is score by shouting (/s) SCORE! At which time a Scoring Referee will verify that he has the ball. (Also there will be only one ball players will be checked at the beginning of the game for items). After a score the team that lost the score gains control of the ball from there end line. Some other rules that’s players must deal with will be the sidelines if a player goes over a sideline and the Official will rule on this. The offending player will have to drop the ball and the other team may pick it up from there. The game will run for 2 half’s of 20 minutes with a running clock which means that substitutions may be made at any time (mostly when a player is killed). The only rule on substitutions is that a player that is coming on the field may not touch another player or the ball until the player he is coming in for is off the field. A few other things, Players are only allowed to use melee attacks to stop opposing players with the exception for Nanotech, which may use holding programs. However Nanotech may not use Buffs or DeBuffs on them selves of other players only healing programs. Any player found using banned weapons or equipment will be penalized and possibly banned from playing if incidents keep occurring.

Testing
    Now this is simple an outline for the game there are probably things I have not though of or I am missing I would like to get together a few teams to help test the rules for the game and procedure to see if this is feasible for one and second if this is a fun game to play. I think that it can be and it adds a new spin on the Rubi-ka world.

If there are any people interested or specially organizations in playing please respond to me or send a tell to Sryth in game. I would like to setup a meeting for this weekend at the Reet Retreat or another bar to discuss the future of Basher Ball

Talking

Can I enter my bot as a player?
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

This sounds like fun, I will mention this to the rest of my guild, maybe we can get a team together. /tell drlog in game if you get any others to sign up.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Talking RatBall

We could use RollerRats as a ball.
    RollerRatBall

lol

Zubok The Fixer

I am not sure if I made this clear enough in the initial statement I will be working with anyone that is interested in the concept/ At this time since I am located on RK-1 and my Character is there I am looking for RK-1 players. But I am not forgotten about RK-2 my only issue is I don't have a character on the server yet and I emphasize the word yet because I can get a character on the server but to get to the PvP area where we would have to play would be kinda difficult for a Level 1 character so I would need some protection. Anyway...Any parties interested in the concpet you can either send me a message in game (/tell Sryth) in RK-1 or send me an e-mail at agentsryth@hotmail.com. And all the nay sayers out there I think this can work and even if there are a few glitches the first time we can work them out.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Sryth,

You'll also need an anti-gank squad. High level characters who's sole purpose is to team with the players and beat down any gankers who'll try to take advantage of naked players.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Excellent Point

Excellent point. The possible solution to this is to use arena's this will have to be tested for sure. But being close to terms will help deter mass killing, but isn't that what AO is about since we will save before a battle you won't lose hardly anything if you are killed. Anyway I think this is still a feasible plan. I will be posting a time am place for a meeting soon most likely tomorrow.

Anyone on RK-2 Interested in playing please send a tell to Grehl I started him today so he is weak but I have a char on both servers now and I am willing to talk to anyone
    Last edited by Sryth; Feb 21st, 2002 at 10:30:23.

I'm OK to do this with ya. I'm creating a RP guild and this kind of event would be very exiting. Count on me ! ("RahzelK")

((RahZelK the NanoTech))

=====NanoCrystals' Maker=====

[EMail : rahzelk@hotmail.com]
    [Website : http://www.lostsouls.t2u.com]
    =====18:00 to 23:00 GMT+1=====

-=[Fellowship of the Lost Souls]=-

Website Up and Recruiting

Ok I have the website up....a little later than I hoped so go check it out. I am taking applications for testers and initial teams.

http://spaceworks_i.tripod.com/basher.htm

Official Rules and Information for
    Basher Ball

I have pretty much got the rules set and bar any problems in testing should work

New Thread

If anyone is lost and trying to find more infor about Basher Ball I have started a new thread entitled Basher Ball 2.0 New and Improved. Look for it that where all the new info is.

What will get you into Basher Ball

Ok since I started with the Basher Ball idea originally people jumped at it, An orgainzed online spectator sport involving death and scoring. Sound like a good combination right. Well it seems that people are a little leary about joining up. If you have looked at the Basher Ball site there are some very high level players as well as group member that are willing to play. My point is I want this to work and I am will to do what it takes to get it to work. So I have added a feedback section the the site http://spaceworks_i.tripod.com/basher.htm Please post and let me know how you would run the game. Or you can post here either way I will read it and see what I can do.