Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC and OOC Bliqz's mind bullet.

IC and OOC Bliqz's mind bullet.

"Take an assignment...Thats what I need to do."

Bliqz needed to clear his head, and work had always helped. Somehow the back part of his brain always managed to sort out his worries while he worked. When he finished the job he hoped that he could get his thoughts back on track. It was cold, and had just started to rain when he sat down at the mission terminal, and began browsing the available assignments.

And there it was. The name appeared under the assassination column. Bliqz's blood turned as cold as the rain that was running down the mission terminal screen when he read it.

Payle.

He took the assignemnt, stopped at the general to stock up on equipment, hopped into his yalm, and left the city.

The mission was a blur. Dead clanners and neuts left to rot as Bliqz went about his task of making his way to Payle to discharge his duty. And then he was there...30 years he had dreamed about killing this man for what he had done to his family.

Bliqz was a ghost haunted by ghosts. Years of hate and dead faces ran through his mind as he crept silent and invisible up close to Payle...Faces...thousands of them...Faces of dead clanners Bliqz had killed...Faces of Omni employees that had lost their way into self service...Bliqz's whole life was in the face of his target.

His gun was fully loaded but never had it felt so light in his hands...It was as if the hands of his dead parents were helping him raise the weapon...line the sights...take a breath...let half of it out...take the shot.

Payle was dead. But the world strangely was just the same as it was when Bliqz sat down to look for a mission...Omni was losing its grip on Ntum mining…Omni employees were still selling secrets, enhancements, and services to the clans…and the clanners were still there as well…Bliqz was still haunted by demons that whispered conspiricies…Nothing has changed, and somehow he felt that no matter what he did, nothing ever would.

Bliqz looked down at the corpse of Payle, and sighed.

“He doesn’t even look appetizing.”

((Im out of the politics game, folks.

I chose to play a villian, and FC policy (that I agree with) dictates that it is my responsibility that all players I interact with must understand that I am roleplaying, and be OK with the attitudes I portray…It’s a good policy in place for a good reason. So I included in my sig a comment regarding Bliqz attitude, I started a humorous thread where I cook people, and try and PM folks that I don’t know who engage in the political banter with me…But none of that has been enough to stop the ugly PM’s, tells, and OOC threats.

Some people blame FC for the decline in the story…some the players themselves. I tend to think it’s a blend. The story is there, but Omni seems to be a toothless beast in game play terms. Non-RP’ers dominate the population, and seem to providde the impetus for the world we all chose to inhabit, making the RP people hard pressed to reconcile the story line with current events. There is no clear good or bad side to the conflict.

So I will no longer participate in the political discussions regarding towers and land, or what org did such-and-such, and who is a good employee or a bad rebel and the like. Noone ever changes their minds, and the arguments are recycled over and over again.

I will still eat clanners and tell you all about it, keep my paraniod lists, and be available to participate in any RP event you want a bad guy for, but no more podium thumping rhetoric. It serves no good master.

Too many people with real feelings that deserve respect take it too seriously, and I do not want to be the guy that steps on those feelings. In a way I feel that I owe Templus an apology…I IC yelled at her for retiring, but now find myself in a similar position. Templus, Flame On! No more jibes from Bliqz.

Thank you all for your support over the months, and thank you for understanding.))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Templus found peace after we drugged... spoke with her and she slowly began to see things our way. That way is doing what is natural and the most primal of instincts - self preservation. It seems to me that you have rounded a corner and have seen what is the truth. I encourage you to continue to be a loyal employee and do your job to the best of your ability, but keep in mind that The Company would just as soon discard you when your usefulness is finished. For that reason, you must think about your future and how to secure it. From the description of your department, that shouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

((I have never had much interest in politics (neither in rl nor ingame) and find it to be a mostly dry and boring subject - but that's me; others enjoy it. I read some of the political discussions and, like you, find them to be the same thing over and over.

Maybe it's time for you to think of a new angle to play your character. You're an excellent roleplayer and even better villain, so look around and think of a new way to get other players' characters worked up into a lather. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( Bliqz, I think it's a terrible shame it has come to this. I am not among those who clamour for more villain-players, and I personally don't understand how one can play a villain as their main character day in day out. But that's your choice to make and anyone sending angry, occ messages to you was way, way out of line. ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC:

Eh cant say I blame ya for giving up there is currently really no way for anyone to fullfill their Role within Anarchyonline especially not assassins. I myself have always belived PvP and RP should be strongly connected and they used to be.. If anyone remembers back in the days when Dust Brigade raided OT leader meetings.. Launched major attacks on Ent along with Rogue Omni-Tek Factions.

Well heres the fact sadly enough that isnt doable today.. Event Actors and Players are aliented to eachother Imo. And Funcom doesnt wishes that they interfer with the "storyline". I can only hope this will change in Shadowlands.. I doubt it tho.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

((I really wish this wasn't happening, Bliqz. You were one of the only strong OT voices on these boards, and it's definitely not going to be too much fun anymore without you to argue with .

But what's this about people threatening you OOC? If that's the case, you should've reported them. All of them. The IDIOTS that take things that are clearly, explicitly stated as an in-character thing as an OOC attack on them really need to calm the heck down and take a deep breath. I have seen perfect IC discussions get RUINED and degrade into OOC flame-wars because some @ss can't distinguish between IC and OOC. My suggestion? Get rid of the OOC tag in this forum.

I agree with everyone on the redundancy of the arguments, but that's because the majority of characters are warlike or politically-minded, because of the nature of the AO setting. If you check the older threads, when the story was on fire, there was a lot more diversity and FAR FEWER flames than now. Why the redundancy? For the political characters, we don't have much else to argue about besides towers and the Sentinels.

It's a really sad day for AO and for the OT roleplaying side, Bliqz, but I'm glad to see you'll still be around. Like Nevver says, you're an awesome RPer.

To the idiots that have sent Bliqz threatening OOC messages: You are idiots. Bliqz has gone above and beyond ANYONE I've ever met in this game to make sure people know that everything he says is ONLY "in-character". He ALWAYS offers to retract things he says if they offend someone. If you can't see that, and can't understand that from his signature, LEAVE. If you can't handle arguing "IC" with someone, go away. Read a guide to RPing and come back.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

People are idiots. That's just how it is. You can tell 500 people all at once you're just playing a character but 300 of them will never understand it.

this is why there are "WARNING: do not spray into eyes" labels on cans of WD-40

((Bleh. Everything I would have said has been said. I'll just say this sucks Bliqzsy. Anyone who sent you PMs about your stance should grow up and learn what roleplaying is. Anyone that threatened you OOC should be reported to FC. I will agree with you that arguing politics, both here and IRL, seems to be pointless. I've even said as much in character. Its the same arguments over and over again. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it considering I haven't changed my stance due to arguments in the slightest. Maybe you could do what I do now- only get involved in discussions that seem to have a new air about them. Ok, you won't be posting much politically, but oh well The good thing about roleplaying is that, while I personally think politics is the most fun part, there is more than politics. Look at RUR as a good example.

I will ask you to please reconsider. I know asking you to just shrug off idiots is a lot to ask, but I'm still going to ask you. I don't know if we need more villains or not, but less villains isn't going to help anything. Especially when its such a "good" villain.

Check yer PMs Bliqzsy, just had a bit of an idea if yer interested

Originally posted by Slicse

this is why there are "WARNING: do not spray into eyes" labels on cans of WD-40
    Or the "CAUTION: CONTENTS ARE HOT!" on McDonalds coffee cups

))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Dont worry Bliqz no flames comming from this side.....as much as i want to say I told you so...I wont =)

All i can suggest for you to do now is get on the treadmill and find a good group of people to lvl with/go hunting for decent items.

--Temp
    Last edited by Templus; Apr 16th, 2003 at 20:44:05.

OOC

Sorry to hear that Bliqz! I had fun with the political discussions and I hope that the people who were offended by you get slapped around with a rubber chicken till they get a sense of humor.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

((Haven't spoken to ya really. Not because I didn't want to, I just didn't come around to it.

But I can fully understand what it is your going through. As I said somewhere else, the extremist path is a difficult one.

Templus seems to have a point. Get on the level treadmill. Maybe you lust to get involved awakens again, maybe not. Either way it seems pulling your head out of the mess might be a good way to get new perspectives.

Good luck with whatever you do. And I'm sorry I never got around to RP with ya.))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

((First Lexusstreak then Bliqz! Say it 'aint so! It's a real travesty when people harass others in an OOC manner simply because they do not like their character.

Oh, and as Templus said, try the level treadmill for a while and see if the urge to come out of retirement strikes . If you get within my teaming range send me a /tell and I'll be glad to do some missions/hunts with you.))

((I'm sure that I have a level 104 Fixer sitting around who would enjoy whacking Clanners with you, Bliqz. ))
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well...erm...Im not dead yet...Just leaving a portion of the scenario.

Nevver The more I interact with you the more I learn to respect and value your ability to be "in the world, but not of the world" I hope that makes sense...it did to me. I very much like the way you do approach things. With wit and humor instead of fire and violence.

Savoy Were I to compile a list of the top 10 roleplayers in AO. I thing that you and the RUR gand would have the top 5 locked up. I hope that tking a lighter view of the world will allow Bliqz to interact with your circle more.

Marlamin Chimera was one of the few Omni orgs I was seriously considering applying to...All based on your strength of character in the RP forums. I do want to PvP, and currently participate in it in defense of my current Org's towers. I also feel that it has a value to the RP side of the game that has yet to be utilized properly. Vixentrox threatened to kill me if I set foot in WA...It was a thrilling moment for me, and I cant wait to level high enough for her to try it.

Emiliy You are a gem. The little that we interact with eachother is terrific. I do not hold any ill will to those that ooc held a grudge. Most of them were from the social and PvP threads, and they walked into this one not knowing wehat they were getting into. No fault of theirs, but with you watching over me, I feel alot better

Slicse My favorite is the one on my dress shirts that reminds me to remove them from my person prior to ironing. Id say that its alot closer to 5 out of 500 that fail to understand after a polite /tell or PM.

Uwen I am not retiring Bliqz entirely. I still plan to roast you as often as you deserve. FC is clear that the weight is on my shoulders to ensure that I am not responsible for any hurt feelings, and I agree. I will most likely move bliqz into a more insane/paranoid/cannibal...I want to continue to have fun with all of you...Got your PM, and in a controled environment like that, I have no problem being as bad as I can be...Should the participants of a thread seem right, I may poke my head in But I plan to stay out of it as much as possible.

Templus You did say it, and credit where credit is due. I think that when you left OP for DA, you did a brave thing, and salute you for it...Shoot Nevver "accidentaly" once for me though huh? And I am not a RP only player...I LOVE to level, and get loot, so should you ever have an alt my level I would jump at the chance to team with you and let you offer any critique of my Agent play.

BigGreen Thanks! I have fun doing them! maintaining such an ugly face is hard sometines...RL I think Im a nice person...just ask ValliKat...but anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie

Necc I am only going to cut out the political flames, not everything. If you even want a teammate or RP pal, be sure and gimme a tell.

Shuldrich It is hard to be as acerbic as Lexus and I was sometines. Some people just dont separate the person and the pixels well...Its understandable...you put alot of time and effort into your toon, only to have some Bliqz guy yell at you? WTF kind of name is "Bliqz" anyway?!

I do plan to continue to play an Omni Loyalist, but I will be more of a paranoid but harmless Agent with unusual tastes in dining.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Well...erm...Im not dead yet...Just leaving a portion of the scenario.

Nevver The more I interact with you the more I learn to respect and value your ability to be "in the world, but not of the world"
    Nevver twitches.
    Nevver whispers to herself, "They know! They know!"

I very much like the way you do approach things. With wit and humor instead of fire and violence.
    Hmmm... I must be slacking...

Note to self: More violence.

(())
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(( A sad day indeed... another nemsis and wonderful word smith bites the dust.

Can't say that I know how ya feel, never played a villian always been that upstanding type, and never thought much on the taste of flesh... but still we all need a yang for our yin, or is that yin for our yang... anyway point is that I will honestly miss you vocal standing from the OT community. Few have done it with both a solid ground and flexible manner like yourself.

to those that can't tell IC from OOC nut jobz... bite me

And yes this is an OOC message from me to you. No it isn't IC... No this is OOC... yes OOC... no no this was meant just for you not your character.. NO ITS NOT IC! ARGH! ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

but anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie
    Don't worry, they all know I haven't spoke a word of truth in my entire life. Its how spin doctors live

OOC:
    Bliqz, not that we have ever spoken but i always take time to read your stuff when i lurk through the forums.
    Most of how i feel about this has allready been said but i just wanted to hop in to say big kudos to you!
    Agent Jacinto "Asura" Ashwell
    Finalizer
    Lost Chapter

Uncurable forum lurker

What...being a cannibel isn't criminal, evil and sick enough by itself!

( rats...another evil political person retired... )
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

OOC

Originally posted by Vixentrox

( rats...another evil political person retired... )
    It is so rewarding to play a nasty political person with good roleplayers...But when the Social and PvP threads were cosed, alot of people were funneled in here, and they simply didnt know the social norms. Some people that I have angred are just coming in here to make announcements having never been in this forum before.

Let me make one thing clear. No regulars have ever been anything but kind and supportive of Bliqz's inflamatory rhetoric. Its not you all that I worry about. Its the people who get their feelings hurt and eventualy end up petitioning me. I would much rather play a smaller role with all of you than none at all.

Is there a forum with exclusive RP? My single intent here is to avoid hurting feelings. I can manage to Keep up the political talk, even if the only clanners I convert are the ones I digest. I just dont think this is the place for it. Anyone part of a freestyle private RP forum? Ill burn it to the ground.
    God is a bullet.

((This was supposed to be the RP forum, but when the PvP/Social forums got closed down (bad idea), every decided that since we kept ours that it became their new forum, despite the title being roleplaying. If funcom would give back the old forums, people who aren't "real" RPers* can go back to them and people are "real" RPers* and who also PvP/do the loot/level thing can have an OOC forum for things that aren't RP. Then we shouldn't have problems like this.

Emmi's suggestion was a good one. No more ((OOC)) posts. Yes, not all are bad and some are RP relevant, but more often than not they seem to just be a "social forum" type thread.

*Keep in mind I don't think less of people who don't RP. They pay the same amount for this game as I do and they do what they think is fun. Don't flame me for using "real" RPers ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast