Thread: Soldier specific Weapons

Soldier specific Weapons

I just wanted to start out by saying that i love this game and i think funcom has a great product here.

One suggestion that i would like to make is a fix for the soldier. Everyone is talking about having the professions do what they are designed to do. As a Soldier, i'm designed to kill stuff...and lots of it. To do that we need the biggest badest gun we can get our hands on. So far i'm using a Nova Flow -IV. I always seem to find a Engineer or some other profession with the same gun as me along with their bots and whatever else they have, leaving me at a sever disadvantage. Soldiers really have no damage buffs...we can't heal ourselfs untill a high lvl and even then its only 200-300 points a pop..which does really no good when i have over 3500 hps and the mobs are hittin me for around 150-700 or so even with high ACs. What i propose is soldier specific weapons. Higher damage with faster recycle times (more fitting of an assault rifle then some of the current ones out there). Maybe the answer is a higher dmg buff or something like that i don't know. all i know is that as a 83 soldier...i can't solo because i can't heal and i can't kill the mobs fast enough before then kick my a**. Let me know what you guys thing of this..

Gorilla5
    Unit Commander of the Nomadic Spirits
    83 soldier
    Kickin' A** and Takin Names

You already have soldier specific weapons. Nobody but a soldier is going to use a novaflow, a q200 novaflow requires 785 in assault rifle, 524 in lr energy weapon, 654 in burst, 437 in flingshot.

Who else is going to raise all 4 of those dark blue (for others) skills just to use a novaflow?

Same thing with Flashpoints, and others. Weapons which require 4 or 5 weapon skills to use >are< soldier only weapons.

Originally posted by starknaked
    You already have soldier specific weapons. Nobody but a soldier is going to use a novaflow, a q200 novaflow requires 785 in assault rifle, 524 in lr energy weapon, 654 in burst, 437 in flingshot.

Who else is going to raise all 4 of those dark blue (for others) skills just to use a novaflow?

Same thing with Flashpoints, and others. Weapons which require 4 or 5 weapon skills to use >are< soldier only weapons.
    Funny...NTs are getting buffed, implanted, and wrangled into Flashpoints and Novas now so they can throw in some specials between nukes. Soldier only guns huh?

I don't think that is true. At LEAST 75% of adventurers use nova flows and i always see engineers with around the same qlvl nova as me.

"Soldiers really have no damage buffs"

Oh?

Heh

Wait till you see the soldier MK-X shield, you won't complain about any other class and what weapons they have.

Lol
    The first to Neophytes on RK-1 were both soldiers.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Yes my brother ADV uses a nova flow.

Also Takuan....

Not to offend them or you or anyone..but...
    You cannot prove they got the title on thier "own"
    I have yet to see the day where syrah isnt followed around.

I might keep seeing him/her like this but I never see em alone.

Anyway, any class could get neophtye.

90% I fight with my owns buffs cause i CANT fit anymore on, that will change since I got me a new belt but...
    Most people have outside buffs ;/

and this is coming from a person who gets asked for Essence, but hay, who cares? If it gives the upper hand for omni then yes, I mean if I expect to get buffed, I shall buff also :P

i am a lv80 soldier, and have been annoyed about it for some time now. i love my char but hate the fact that alothough i have implanted and buffed him until his skin starts splitting, i still find it very hard to hold my own against yellow mobs.

single player missions are not good things for the soldier.

the problem with profession-only weapons is uniforimty.

look at the MPs,
    they used to have options.. now if you're not using your
    summoned weapons for the bonuses, you're a relative gimp.

if soldiers get some uber soldier-only weapon,
    then everyone else will cry "unfair" and "nerf".

I really like that anyone can use anything in this game,
    the more diversity and options the better,
    but you're not really going to see just how important
    having green skills vs blue skills for various weapontypes is
    until you start hitting caps.

someone with 1000 base skill + self-buffs in that weapontype
    is going to totally embarass someone with that same weapon
    who capped at 600 skill and has no buffs.

Originally posted by Gorilla5
    I don't think that is true. At LEAST 75% of adventurers use nova flows and i always see engineers with around the same qlvl nova as me.
    Perhaps in the future with the way things are going for Adventurers, but in no way do 75% of Adv's use them now.

Psyphen
    Adventurer