Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Unique item fix / change (added Tuesday 19th)

This unique stuff is just rediculas. Some common stuff like MA attacks, Flurry of Blows and pet shells should NOT be unique. It doesnt improve gameplay. It annoys your costomers. Bad idea. I have no problem with some REALLY unique stuff like some loot from dungeons, but cmon, pet shells and Flurry of Blows...rediculas
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1

If you insist on doing this you really must reevaluate what is unique. Hell, even the first aid kits you buy in the shops are labelled unique.

Scorus :)

Quote:

I have not tested this to make sure, but I am sure enough to base my arguments on another assumption. If this were the case then an engineer or crat couldn't pick up any unique item while they have a pet shell. Even Funcom isn't that stupid...

Scorus

End quote:

Prolly not, but it aint entirely out of the question, we have all been here a while and seen some pretty horriffic proof of the contrary

Well, I am going to log in on test and check this out some more, ie buying 2 different AM attacks, allthough my char on test is only lvl8 so he aint loaded with cash

Yours
    Fury

Well, what do you expect...whenever they try to fix something, they break it totally....like PvM Stun.

Not sure what they want to fix anyway here...
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Concerning MA-Attacks:

Attack of the Snake is *not* and never was (???) Unique.
    So sure you can have 2 or 3 or as many as you want.

Most (or all?) of the others are though... - gee just take the Unique Tag off them - I wonder why they are unique in the first place.

Whoops

Originally posted by Spacegipsy
    Attack of the Snake is *not* and never was (???) Unique.
    So sure you can have 2 or 3 or as many as you want.
    Oops... my bad. I must have been looking at another attack or something. No wonder it was working or me. But I agree... still don't see why they or engineers' shells have to be unique.
    - st|k
    - Midoritaka (rk2)

Tested the multiple shell thing on test this morning. If you have a shell in your inventory and cast another then it lets you cast it (using the nano) and then you get the 'already have the unique item' message and you get nothing.

As soon as I get the second crat pet on test, I'll see if I can summon one if I already have the other. :]

Scorus

too much is unique

The biggest problem here is that too many items are labeled "unique" with no really good reason.

There are some things I can easily see as needing the "unique" tag, but come on..

MA attacks? Robot shells??

Give me a break... these are BASIC tools for these classes, and there's no real reason for them to be unique.

Make it so they can't carry a spare, or have the next upgrade on hand, that's a crippling shot.

this needs fixing, big time.

Thumbs down Bad Idea

Eather remove the unique tag form a bunch of stuff, or do not place this in the game. I am not likeing this at all. The hole consept of a unique item is crap anyway. A trully unique item would indcate that thier is only one or at most a very few of them in the hole world, and even if their is only 5 in the hole world I should still beable to collect and keep all of them. Thier should not ever be a limit to the number of items that I can own.

Wookiee.

Angry this is absolutely rediculous

This just sounds completely un-resonable.
    Can somebody please explain to me why anybody would desire this change to occur?

wow

cant believe the amount of feedback from FC on this one...
    I feel i should be the one getting payed to play this game...

Re: this is absolutely rediculous

Originally posted by drakiel
    This just sounds completely un-resonable.
    Can somebody please explain to me why anybody would desire this change to occur?
    Because FC don't care what the customer want, they just decide something on a meeting and then do it..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I was able to have two DIFFERENT bot shells in my inventory at the same time.

One was for a guardbot and one was a shell I looted off of the recently deceased guardbot. The one off the dead guardbot was pitifully low but I was still able to get it.

I cannot however cast the same shell twice.

Also, since the servers went down yesterday or maybe it was the patch and I just didn't realize anything but reflect bracers and rings of power are no longer unique.

That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Only one engineer shell, no backup. Stupid.
    Very stupid.
    I can't even believe how stupid this is.

Unhappy Engineer

During the extra down time on RK1, I started a new character to see what it's like to play an Engineer instead of my usual NT

I was pretty surprised to see that there was a limitation on the number of backup shells I could carry... at starting lvl (also true later on I guess) hunting in the backyard exposes the newbie to numerous aggros from RollerRats.
    Hence your pet can die FAST and summoning a new shell takes 8 secs !! way enough time to die

Well I guess it takes some getting used to. On the other hand, i'm already pretty familiar with the "white_light/Reclaim" combo, thanks to my NT...
    NainDeJardin Lvl 80 MP - Omni - RK1

IdahoHF Lvl 68 NT - Omni - RK1
    Membre des Hydres Furieuses www.esprit-str.com

Well, I just want to say....

...that I HATE the idea!
    Allready experienced on live not beeing able to pick up
    a ring I could use in a few lvls, because I allready was using
    a ring same type but lower.

And now I will not be allowed to have backup shells for my bot??

Find a better way to fix whatever you are trying to fix FC

Red face I have the solution...

FC, change the word UNIQUE to RARE and let us in peace ...

Even I'm amazed at the silence on this. Just when you think Funcom's CS couldn't get any worse...

Scorus

Sometimes(often) I really do wonder what they mix their drinks on at the developers Friday party, before they brainstorm new ideas to get ppl unhappy...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

I read this whole thread -- not one idea.

Funcom does these things so that we solve their problems for them.

Obvious problem - duping of some sort.

Obvious BLUNT answer - make things "undupable" by calling them UNIQUE.

I really DO understand why Funcom would make certain items unique -- I really DO understand why Verant did the same thing -- I really DO understand why the economy of these worlds can be ruined by mistakes with "unique" items flooding the world (verant's screwup with naggie loot falling off of rats, funcom ip screwup) and, to the extent, that the server has to be reset.

What I do NOT understand is why martial artist attacks and IQ rings are unique?????

I am not even an MP - but when I see MP buddies running to town to drop an attack in the bank, I know something is wrong.

And IQ rings? Ummmm, these aren't IP rings fellas . . . .

This is absurd. If someone is exploiting, check your logs. BAN them. That is right -- BAN them. Don't make absurd changes because some people that you don't BAN exploit your code. Or, better yet, fix the code. Don't make silly changes like this.

-Machievelli

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast