Thread: OT vs OT

Angry OT vs OT

I usually only post re: game-mechanic issues,

but I am getting very annoyed by Omni-Tek employees
    attacking Omni-Tek gaurds and going unpunished.

The perpetrators fall into 2 categorys:

1) Bored highlevels showing off
    2) Omni-Tek players 'rebelling' against Ross/OmniHQ

This is really pretty lame ..

if you fall into the 1st category, I would just ask that
    you have a little respect for the storyline and other
    players RP . . you did sign up for a RPG afterall.

if you are in category 2,
    stop being a puss and just join the clans, retards.
    the definition of the conflict is Omni-Tek vs. Rebels.
    If you are going to rebel then you and/or your guild are a rebel clan.

Sorry, Azazzel, TBA, etc.
    but Funcom are not going to replace Ross and put you in charge ..
    all you're doing is making an ass out of yourself and I hope
    FC/Omni-Tek turn the lot of you neutral with no option to renew
    your Omni-Tek contracts.

That said,
    Funcom needs to take some action to prevent this nonsense.
    There is no reason why a whole city/company with the military
    might of Omni-Tek should allow thier gaurds to be killed over
    and over and over again without a response.
    If one gaurd falls, two should spawn in his place,
    and so on until the insurgence is put down . .
    bring in Omni-Pol Supremes .. Shock-Troopers .. Slayerdroids. .

I am suggesting this be programmed,
    because I know it would be too much to ask for GM response.

a half dozen players shouldn't appear to 'conquer' a city;
    it's rediculous . . especially when there is nothing loyal
    Omni-Tek employees can do to assist their homes gaurds.

In another thread (the location of which I of course cannot remember ) I suggested that those attacking NPCs of their own faction should take a faction hit so that if they killed a certain number, their own faction guards would turn against them.

As for "rebelling" Omnis, I still say FIRE THEM. And this time make it stick by locking their ability to use the application forms.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Angry Agreed

This issue makes my blood boil.

We are supposed to be participating in a storyline.

I saw an OT-FACTION LEADER openly hunting guards and merchants in Trade...cause he was "bored".

Well I am sorry. It is blatently absurb to see this kind of thing. There has to be an enforceable system of sanctions to address this issue.

I think we may have to implement a one dimensional faction system in game such as lawfulness-criminality. A player that kills same-aligned characters (PC and NPC) repeatedly becomes an outlaw and loses suppression protection becoming full time pvp material.

Alternatively use your "short-term memory" concept to make the person PVPable to other PCs. This could allows PCs to assist guards under attack from Omni and Clanners alike.

Might get some respect for "author-itay" that way.

Debitte

I like the reinforcement Idea. If there are a large number of guards and NPCs being killed, send reinforcements, and keep sending them till the problem is resolved.

This should be in all cities, towns, and outposts. Do you honestly think that mass troops wouldn't be girded in to Clon**** if the Notum cannons were in jeopardy?

When an alert from one of the main supply points (the cannons) is received there should spawn so many guards that you can't scratch your bum, without bumping 4 guards.

I'd also like to see a fourth "alignment", that of Outcast. I'm sure that neutrals would not like to have their reputations sullied by having scum from the Clan's and Omni forced into their ranks.

Outcasts should be unable to initiate PVP combat; they should also be KOS in all cities (as they are just scum). Applications should not work for them; it should require an ARK to be convinced that they have changed their ways.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

Wynd, I love that idea. Take EQ for example.. I played a dark elf.. if I killed dark elf guards, after awile my faction would be horrid, and it would take alot of work to raise faction back up. There should definitely be assertive actions taken for people that kill there own.

[Agreed, anyone attacking a guard should be instantly attackable by someone of that guards alignment, regardless of suppression gas.

i.e.
    Omnis hitting omni guards are attackable by ALL OT until they zone.
    Clan attacking Omni guards attackable by ALL OT until they zone.

I'm not sure what to do with neutral guards, there are not enough neutrals to defend neut guards (kind of strange, people defending guards, aint it?) so perhaps anyone attacking neut guards should be attackable by ANYONE.

Killing guards for their supposed 'uber' loot would quick become a thing of the past.]
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

What can be done about it

Until such time as Funcom decides to implement some feature to maintain the integrity of the story, and curtail Omni-Tek players from attacking their own guards and such, is there anything that we can players in OT can do? I think there is, and I think we should dicuss this. I will make a seperate post about it.

Talking

/ooc

Go Az!!!
    GO TBA!!!
    Your on the right track !!!
    Keep doing what your doing, Ill lend you a hand!!!

Oshovah