Thread: Rubi Ka 2!!!!!

Exclamation Rubi Ka 2!!!!!

I've been playing most of my time on rk2, well i only have a lvl 8 or so on rk1, and i'm about tired of seeing all sorts of fancy headlines in the launcher window on how all sorts of ppl are being attacked by dust brigade members being teleported in by dropships n' stuff... All this is on RK1!!!! i'm paying the exact same amount as evry player on rk1 so just for choosing to play on rk2 i, and all the others playing there, deserve just as much story as every guy on rk1.
    i haven't read anywhere that rk2 is somekind of test server that is used to test stuff on, so why aren't there any story events there???? i've heard about 2-3 things in the past 3(!) months...
    it's stuff like this that make the game suxx0rs and make ppl leave... i have two rl friends who quit already and me and 2 other rl friends are prolly gonna do it too, we're just waiting for our subscription to run out.
    but all i want is a story, and not just a story that i read on some boring html page! this is supposed to be an rpg! i wanna play the story, not only read it!! give me events, give me small dungeons with stories, give me npc's with backgrounds and the ability to interact with you (other than saying "i don't know")
    and don't put it just on rk1 give all the ppl on rk2 a piece of the pie too, i call it daytime robbery to charge money for a game that has less story involved in the gameplay than DOOM had.....
    so for [insert random deity]'s sake, GIVE ME SOME STORYLINE I CAN PLAY INGAME!!!!! and don't give me any "(i won't swear, here)" about using your imagination or something like that, this is a video game with tons of graphics so i don't need to use my imagination.... and one more thing, don't ask me to play on rk1!

Not much of a story on RK2 either

I have been on RK1 since I bought the game a few mionths before the story started. The story is just as non-exisitent to me as it is to you. I have just read about everything as well.

Too bad your complaint doesn't pan out. I also play on RK2 and I was there in NLC when the Dust Brigades attacked the first time. All the Dust Brigade stuff that is going on in 1 is also being played on 2. Just because you didn't happen to be there when it happened doesn't mean that the storyline doesn't exist. There are people on 1 who also missed the recent storyline events.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

True and not true

Yes, the dust brigade attack was mirrored on RK2.

however where as RK1 has had a number of attacks we've only had that one, and we miss out on a lot of the other stuff too.

MORE STORY FOR RK2 PLEASE!

Mawdrigen
    The Returned.
    We we're dead and now we are not... go figure.

yeah alright, i forgot to type in some stuff... but it was 7am in the morning and i hadn't been to bed ...

i am of course aware that i can't be at every event and i accept that. but i haven't even heard ppl talk about these attacks on rk2 at all...
    now i don't really frequent rk1, and when i played there it was before this stuff happened, but i reckon that ppl who were involved in it would have spread the word so that at least those close to them, that is guild and non guild friends, would know about it, and then spread it out like that... but i haven't heard anything about it on rk2...
    i'd just like a few more events, okay? not something grand or that all the time, just small and fun so there'd be more, a little icing on the big cake...

Originally posted by CastorDooM
    i am of course aware that i can't be at every event and i accept that. but i haven't even heard ppl talk about these attacks on rk2 at all...
    now i don't really frequent rk1, and when i played there it was before this stuff happened, but i reckon that ppl who were involved in it would have spread the word so that at least those close to them, that is guild and non guild friends, would know about it, and then spread it out like that... but i haven't heard anything about it on rk2...
    People miss events on rk1 and rk2, that is nothing new. The difference is that there is a lot more people who take time out on rk1 to report on events, and post on message boards about them. So is it the fault of Funcom that there isn't much story on rk2? I think you can't really completely say its their fault. I play on rk1, and I miss very many events, but seeing reports about them is good enough for me most the time. I think there is a general amount of people ignoring publicity of events on rk2. There is less people on rk2, there is less people who have seen events on rk2, and there is more people on rk2 that think rk2 gets no story. If you put all that together you can see that perhaps just maybe there could be enough events going on and people are just not reporting them.

Perhaps people need to be stronger about their community on rk2, report events when you see them, try to pass the word when an event happens. There is really no way to say "there is no story on rk2" because you are only basing is on how well your fellow players will report on these events, and how many sites will not just ignore them.

Another thing i've noticed is I have seen on the AO website reports on stuff happening on rk2, and they dont say once "rk2" because that is not very RP, and that is not how rk2 fits into the story. So it can be safe to assume that you are missing a lot of it because people will call rubi-ka by its name and not by the individual dimension. If you take a moment and think more open and stop thinking about everyone else who is saying "rk2 is ignored" you can see more of the reality. Obviously rk1 gets more attention, but rk1 has more people, its impossible to give equal attention to both as then it would look the opposite of the current situation and even more people would be mad.

Oh well, I guess I don't think like most people. I am very insistent on not following any sort of things that people commonly are thinking or saying. Thinking apart from everyone else is part of having your own opinion.

RK2

I'm on RK2 and RK1 but for the most of RK1'ers that haven't set foot on RK2 have no idea how much less we get you girls and guys have got VoF and other news channels FC have taken ours away on RK2 so now 90% of us never know when an event is happening. GM's have to gather people up to take part in the events because of no news channels.

And as you said they can not give the same attention to both.

Hmmmm when they do a patch the same information in that patch is on both servers and when events happen on RK1 it should happen on RK2 doesn't matter how big or small it is, if it takes 4 GM's to do a event on RK1 then in total you need 8 GM's in order to cover both servers so events happen on both servers.

If they haven't got 8 GM's then i'm sure after they have said there peice on RK1 they then hop over to RK2 and do the same thing again they have total control on what the servers do all it needs is some effort on there part to include both servers.
    Last edited by Misakio; Feb 19th, 2002 at 18:11:25.

ovrlrd,

I think you are right - people are going to have to cooperate to get the news out. Clan, OOC channels work just fine. The other day when a group of clanners attacked 2HO, someone put the word out over Omni OOC and soon we had quite a posse assembled. People are going to have to break out of their little shells and spread the word when events go down.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

I agree with ovrlrd somewhat here...

Here is what we RK2 players need to do:

When you see an event go down, report it to Funcom to be put into the Voice of Freedom or Rubi-Ka Times HERE DON"T hesistate, if you don't do it, no one else will!

Submit news to AO-Basher and Anarchylore

Remember it is up to you t o make our dimension great! Submit news, keep us up to date! All news should be in an in-charcter sort of way when appropriate.

If you want to check and see what dimension news is from, just make not of the characters mentioned in the news, and do a lookup of them, that will tell you!
    -------------------
    I need to put a little plug in here....
    I am forming a unique clan roleplaying organization who's purpose is to help bring more events and news to Rubi-Ka 2. If you are interested in helping, please send an email to serrephim@hotmail.com or contact "Sepentura" on RK2

Good-Day!
    Last edited by Sepentura; Feb 19th, 2002 at 19:08:24.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Originally posted by ovrlrd

If you take a moment and think more open and stop thinking about everyone else who is saying "rk2 is ignored" you can see more of the reality.
    i'm not basing my oppinion on other ppls testimonies. i'm just reporting what i have experienced. i don't see any story line events on rk2 and i know that i pay alot of money to play this game, so i would like to get more than serious sam in slowmo for my money.
    and as to what other ppl have just posted: i find it that every single time there's an event and i've been online, events being when alot of players are in 2ho f.ex. or the two-three "gm" moderated meetings that took place a few months back, ppl have been reporting it in the zonewide channels... ppl aren't bad at reporting it, nothing takes place...
    for a char who is online nearly 24/7 i seem to have missed out on a lot if u say that all these things happen...
    but then again, i may be an ignorant sloth... but i don't think that's the case....
    so untill a story that i can play appears i'll keep whining about it...

I'm not talking about reporting events in the OOC channels ingame, I am talking about reporting the events to the news websites out of game.

These sites serve as a hub for all the events that went on...If y ou don't bother to report the precendings to these places I mentioned above, then our events that do happen will never be noticed, because no one gets to hear what went on at the event.
    Sepentura

hmmm this was also what i was thinking about but not what i typed in... be a little flexible ...
    but still i don't frequent the news sites that much... i see what the launcher has to tell me when i start the game, and if anything new catches my fancy i tjeck it out... i don't go round the web searching all sorts of pages for stuff that HAS happened... i'm not interested in the past, the future is all that matters.

I understand about checking every news site out there and stuff...BUT we need to submit news to them when there is some from RK2, because there simply isn't enough people doing it Now that doesn't mean that everyone surfs all these sites, but these sites have people from different groups that frequent them regularly. Others do even though you don't So please at least try to get the word our about things that went on...You see, some people like to hear that something at least went on in RK2, even though they weren't there (people like me )
    Sepentura

indeed... but i never have been to any events other than the two meetings that went down before christmas and i think that evryone who wanted to attend did... it was all over the ooc channel that night and i hardly heard of anyone who didn't knew of it taking place...

Post Reporting events on RK2

Unfortunately, there are only 2 tools with which to honestly report events, guild channels and the leaders channels. There are no other channels that have a global scope.

This isn't sufficient.

There are quite a few people out there who are either guildless or who's leaders aren't on at the time of an event. That's a lerge chunk of population who are almost automatically not able to attend the event.

We had the VoF channel for what, 2 weeks? I'd like it back.
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

A grorup of us got tired of not having events on RK2 and are running player created events.

I have had several releases from my guild, Division 3: Omni Reclamation, published in the past 2 weeks on every major AO Newws Site (Rubi Ka Times -- AO OFficial site, AO VAult, AO Basher, and AO Lore).

We have built the total number of players up to more than 60 total on both sides. We still need some help.

If you read those releases/stories, you will see our story lin ehas already started and this will eventually turn into an all out war between Division 3 and Clan Vox Populi.

Also, note that FunCom doesn't differeniate between RK1 and RK2 in any news that goes here. They rely on the reader to follow the guild link to the guild info site. I received an email from Dag, FC's PR guy, stating that very thing.

Check us out if you want to become mor einvolved in RK2 and help us create some events. The address is www.projectrevenant.com.
    Chang "Nortsrum" Brockmeyer,
    President/Commander-in-Chief,
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation] -- RK2

now i'm beginning to notice a tendency here: evryone wants to hear about PAST events... why is it that u only care about what has happened and that u hear about it? i've not heard of a single online event on rk2 for nearly _three_ months now. does that suxxorz? yes it does!!! so get out of u'r goddamn mood about reporting all this to goddamn thirdparty websites! i read the stuff that's in the launcher if i judge it worth my time to read.
    i want to play the story! get that? play it! not sit and listen to how other ppl did it! i want to do it myself!!! now if any of u don't care about playing a story line u'rself i don't know what's wrong with u ppl but i sure as hell want to play the story! they could give us story related dungeons galore but there are 5 or so in the world! and the monsters in them were so hard that all the times i've been able to get a team together we were slaughtered before getting in fat, which has now taken us away from bothering to go to them... and what fun is there in going through a story dungeon and fight gray mobs that give loot that is useless? and no npcs in the world spread out the word on things going on! that would be very nice if they did... i don't know how exactly this could be brought about. but f.ex. u could find a smuggler person or so and do a few quests for him and then he would give u the location to smugglers den. or u could help omni pol discover it's location, or something like that! something that gives u á sense of being part of the world, instead of just some member of a grand audience.... i wanna be the main char not the guy ón the back row...

I play on RK2, and on 3/1/02 I witnessed and participating in an event that seems to have been unreported or something. in Omni Entertainment near the gates to Omni Forest several Masked Commandos attacked. I joined in the fight, but since I was only 8th at the time I could barely hit them. in fact, they ignored me completely. once the Commando I was trying to hit killed everyone around him then he turned to look at me for a second then ran towards some other people. I was insulted that I wasn't good enough to kill.

anyways, the whole thing was fun even though I went LD a couple of times in the middle of it. I've only been playing this game for a few weeks I didn't realize that events of this nature were so rare on my server. I feel kind of lucky now.

Hedkrakah
    Omni Enforcer

congratulations on having witnessed something non-random i'm glad that u got to experience something like that that early in ur time on rubika! i only hope that i myself get to see something before my subscription runs out so i won't feel it was a total waste of money... altho my org and stuff have given me some fun times but not something that i feel is worth the cost of this game...
    in my hopes of seeing stuff i have now started a char on rk1 who is now lvl 37... i hope that he will get to witness stuff... at least i'll pump his lvls so that he can get to go around the place and do stuff that my weak rk2 highlvl can't..
    i curse funcom for making the yalm so expensive.. i'm the only one who's over lvl 70 in my org that doesn't have one... and several ppl i know found one in a chest at lower lvls... i really hate taht... i can't go anywhere exiting in the goddamn "car"...