Thread: Resurrection Technology Uncovered

Question Resurrection Technology Uncovered

In this issue of the Tir School of Engineering's Journal of Modern Technology we uncover some of the mysteries surrounding Rubi-Ka's unique Resurrection System. In an interview with an expert in the field Elroy Gibs we unearth many indepth facts about the system. Here's the interview:

((If you want to meet Mr. Gibs he is located in a little plaza of shops just North East of the main part of West Athen))

Elroy Gibs-Atrox Trader

Mr Gibs: Omni-Tek are running all the resurrection booths on Rubi-Ka. It's a fact. They were forced to extend the service to all citizens on Rubi-Ka by the ICC, and so clan members, neutrals and others can use it freely. The technology belongs to Omni-Tek though.

-How can we be sure Omni-Tek is not tampering with it?

Mr Gibs: We can't. I guess we have to trust the ICC observers who are here to make sure we all get a fair resurrection. And besides, Omni-Tek isn't always to blame when something goes wrong. Other things can happen.

-What other things?

Mr Gibs: The soul is not an easy thing to control, and things can go wrong. I know a bit about this. I figured that if I were to go through the process a few times, I should at least get proper information on it's workings. There are several places a resurrection can go wrong. Timing, age, scan data, the cause of death in the old body. I'm mentioning but a few.

-Do some type of deaths lead to failed resurrection?

Mr Gibs: I've heard of it, but I think it's rare. Mind you, I'm no expert. I've heard that very sudden very violent deaths, like having a mountain fall on you or being shredded in a notum-grinder, may cause the soul to flee too fast, and the new body will remain empty. If you die slowly, the soul will hover around for a little while to see if the body gets going again or something. Or so I've heard.

-What can go wrong with the scan data?

Mr Gibs: I guess this is the most typical thing to go wrong. You may think that only a few people here and there get their scan data corrupted, but you'd be surprised at how many people die because the new body is too foreign for the soul to recognize and the subject dies.

-How does age affect resurrection?

Mr Gibs: There are certain age limitations. After the age of seventy, resurrection is not advised. And children are not allowed to be scanned before the age of eighteen. I guess careful testing has taught Omni-Tek that it's best to stick to these limits, for whatever reason.

-What happens if the timing is off?

Mr Gibs: Timing is crucial. The new body must be completed as the old one dies, or else the soul will not seek out the new one and take its place in it.

Some very interesting information about Resurrection Technology. Remember your source for the latest in technology is The Tir School of Engineering
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

/me remember what happend to Methlon, InternOp tempered with his scanned data
    Healflamer 220 doc proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbrawl 220 ma proud ex member of Tranquility
    Rapidbraw1 220 ma proud member of Punk