Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Want Fair Fine Here Is How

You Want Fair Fine Here Is How

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS

if anyone is interested i will do it.

but i will need help from omni and clan.

I will start a friday night fight contest where "gaurds" from both sides will ensure no ganking goes on

here is how it will work a board will determine classifications

1) twinked
    2) non twinked

this will be determined by a board of inquistors
    who are framiliar ebuff with each profession to determine if smone is telling the truth about thier equipment

1) self buffed
    2) outsid buffed

1)twinked outside buffs
    2) twinked no outside buffs

the event will require sign up 4 days before hand, in that 4 days before hand you will have to submitt to judges a list of all the equipment you paln on wearing at the fight you will then be told later what catagory you will fall into

team

1) twinked
    2) not twinked

1)self buffed
    2) outside buffed

(meaning you can have all buffs available to the members in your team and ur team alone)

somthing along them lines details to be worked out and discussed between all volunteers

entry fee

1-10 10 k (waived if decided so) or posted by ur guild or friend
    10-20 20k
    20-40 30k
    40-60 50k
    60-80 70k
    90-110 90k
    110-125 100k
    125-140 250k
    140-160 500k
    160-200 1 mil

for team double it

all money goes to winners

of course there will be a betting syndicate

everyone who likes this idea and wants to help or participate post here

anybody with ideas concerning it post here

What makes you think anyone would want to pay you 1 million credits to be killed by a soldier or a doctor? lol

u are an idiot this is for people who want 1 on 1 fights or 1 team on 1 team fight if u dont want in remain silent

and the the winner u idiot

well he is right, solja's and Doc's would claim the prize, try a class based pvp cometition, now THAT is fair, at high levels everyone is "twinked" as much as is possible, and it makes little difference.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yup I must agree here, after 120ish everyone can eqp 200 stuff (armour, implants) with little effort. Twinked? nah, twinked means outside buffs used. But getting +80 treat from a doc is not what I call 'twinking' that much. Getting IC, general buffs, behemoth, dual conc pillows and max implants I do call twinking.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by besheba
    u are an idiot this is for people who want 1 on 1 fights or 1 team on 1 team fight if u dont want in remain silent

and the the winner u idiot
    Herm, not meant disrespectfully as English might not even be your native language (neither is mine), but could you rephrase that post?

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: You Want Fair Fine Here Is How

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS
    everyone who likes this idea and wants to help or participate post here

anybody with ideas concerning it post here
    I must say you got an original idea there, but it'll probably not work.

If we take another viewpoint, RK is supposed to be in some kind of war, arranging these fights would be like Saddam Hussein and George W. Bush having a bet on who of their soldiers can survive 1 on 1 and 6v.s. 6.

But then again this is a game, and we're supposed to have fun in all this. So if you manage to get this up and going, I'll be there to bet, since I don't like duels. (Even tho a level 75 ask me for a duel I say no, although I prolly would win, so its not that I don't think I'll win, more that I hate the idea of duelling)
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

i really did not want to do this.

it was just to prove a point and it worked.

in 48 hours of this post being here NOT ONE PERSON wanted to have a 1 on 1 fair fight.

this tells me a few things.

1) when people cry for nerfs saying its unfair and unbalances pvp in a 1 on 1 situation they are full of $h^t, they call for nerfs just to keep other classes down

2) this overequiping crying is also full of crap they just wana have a nerf so they can be as uber as another with out having to do all the same work

3) no one fights one on one

The problem is funcom set a bad precident with its very first NERF, it led people to belive that if somthing scares you all you have to do is cry long and hard enuff and funcom will take this away form whomever has it.

But it is funny how funcom picks and chooses what to nerf and what not to nerf.

In a battle with many peeps stun would not be effective to the point people were saying, ITS NOT AN AOE stun, but it was nerfed due to whiney little babies, well this thread is proof alone NO ONE WANTS a fair fight, this was a chance to have that, no one took me up on it, most laughed at it.

however in a battle a soldiers sheild still remains uber, and so do docs heals, so they nerfed the stun go figure.

Range only benifitted the nts they nerfed that now any one with a good movement perditor has the same range as a nt does

this is a very bad thing occuring in the game, now peeps are crying about root. well root is broke atm and getting FIXED to function the way it was {i}MEANT TO{i}, the same way stun was broken and they fixed it and people cried SO HARD and the truth is it did not imballance pvp, only maybe made a nt powerful in a one on one situation, (which this post proved doesnt exist and no one wants) I FEAR the same fate may be in store for root.

and for all you high level enfs who think they are immune to it i cant wait to introduce you to my little freind, so you guys may as well jump on the band wagon right now and call for nerfs on root s to.

this game is getting to the point where it has nothng to do with skill or stragety in the game or your level, it has gotten to the point where the group of people who are most effective calling for nerfs wins. what the hell kinda crap is that? How can a mmorpg survive this? i have never seen anything like this in all my years of online gamming starting with C&C on KALI

FUNCOM my suguesstion to u is quite simple

1) make some chars at all levels play these chars in the real game mode, plug ur pc into a phone line dial up and play your game with real peeps, not on some controlled test server where you can pat each other on the ass and say how cool the game is.

2) STOP NERFING RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW

3) appologise for all the poor management decisions you have made concerning nearly every asspect of the game. FIX EVERYTHING THAT IS BROKE BEFORE U MAKE ANYTHING NEW, and promise this and carry thru with it, make it the first promise you keep

you will be getting some new players now with your advertisement in pcgammer and the likes, do not alienate them as you have the old players who have been here for a while.

./me applaudes Besheba for good points made =)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

How can you tell a person is twinked or not, got ya there

Sounds cool besh, will send you a tell in game if you get a turn out ill sign up some of my toons.

Edit:

Opps didn't read the post till now and just read your second post. Yes I see your point.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    How can you tell a person is twinked or not, got ya there

read the post moron

=P

1) make some chars at all levels play these chars in the real game mode, plug ur pc into a phone line dial up and play your game with real peeps, not on some controlled test server where you can pat each other on the ass and say how cool the game is.

3) appologise for all the poor management decisions you have made concerning nearly every asspect of the game. FIX EVERYTHING THAT IS BROKE BEFORE U MAKE ANYTHING NEW, and promise this and carry thru with it, make it the first promise you keep

you will be getting some new players now with your advertisement in pcgammer and the likes, do not alienate them as you have the old players who have been here for a while.
    Heh, never thought I'd say this...I totally agree with besheba.

i really did not want to do this.

it was just to prove a point and it worked.

in 48 hours of this post being here NOT ONE PERSON wanted to have a 1 on 1 fair fight.

Since you so delicately put it, you really didn't want to do it yourself, so why blame everyone ;P

1) when people cry for nerfs saying its unfair and unbalances pvp in a 1 on 1 situation they are full of $h^t, they call for nerfs just to keep other classes down

2) this overequiping crying is also full of crap they just wana have a nerf so they can be as uber as another with out having to do all the same work

3) no one fights one on one

Point 1, well I wouldn't have used the s... word about it, but basically that's what I think too.

Well point 3 is valid to a certain point. There are still some that believe in duels, as I've said earlier, I don't.

The problem is funcom set a bad precident with its very first NERF, it led people to belive that if somthing scares you all you have to do is cry long and hard enuff and funcom will take this away form whomever has it.

But it is funny how funcom picks and chooses what to nerf and what not to nerf.

In a battle with many peeps stun would not be effective to the point people were saying, ITS NOT AN AOE stun, but it was nerfed due to whiney little babies, well this thread is proof alone NO ONE WANTS a fair fight, this was a chance to have that, no one took me up on it, most laughed at it.

I can try and explain, why I'm not into this duelling business. Its kinda simple. I try to RPG from time to time, and when dealing with clan (since I'm omni myself) I try to maintain a hostile tone, which is my way of rpg'ing. At the state we are in right now pvping isn't about duelling, but doing raids, prevent people from doing this and that (in 25% zones, for instance take mort and cyborg hunting). Duelling happens in the arena, so if you're for friendly fights and want to duel 1 on 1, that's the place to do it, not in mmd, 2ho or mort.

Besides, duelling is kinda lame, lets try an illustrate. Lets say bush brings a lot of his men to a neutral place in the world and Saddam Hussein does the same. Do you really think they want to watch eachother duel or do you think they will interfere ? When 2 fractions 'hate' eachother like that, they don't think reasonable when meeting one from the other fraction, you do what you're taught, which is to fight. And everyone does the same.

Lets take an example, from an actual event, where there were 5-6 of us going to mort, and we first took care of 1 gang of clanners, then they called for backups and they took care of all of us. I didn't care if I won or loose, I was pumped with adrenaline and had a fun time. That's how it should be, only problem with omni on RK1 is that there are too few that really are interested in pvping. People just want to level and level and forget the funpart.

however in a battle a soldiers sheild still remains uber, and so do docs heals, so they nerfed the stun go figure.

You obviously missed a point here, the stuns could be chain casted. What's the point of having pvp when the first thing you see is someone casting a stun nano, then shoot you, cast stun again shoot... etc... that's not a fight, that's 1 person using the other as target practice.

Range only benifitted the nts they nerfed that now any one with a good movement perditor has the same range as a nt does

Again, this is because people has exploited it, people could nuke as long as you had their names up. The thing about MK isn't uber, its the _only_ soldier defense. NTs have a nullity sphere without any other penalty than being unable to move. You can still nuke. Soldiers cannot change weapon while they have mk on. If its the duration you aim at, well as I said its the only thing soldiers has to defend themselves. You nts got roots, so you can root the enemy and then slip away. I'm not sure what you want for your NT. I mean you point at 1 single thing that soldiers have. I haven't stopped you from using a flashpoint, only you have, there's no soldier req on that. So until Full Auto becomes a soldier attack only the alpha strike is something soldiers use, but is also available to every class out there.

this is a very bad thing occuring in the game, now peeps are crying about root. well root is broke atm and getting FIXED to function the way it was {i}MEANT TO{i}, the same way stun was broken and they fixed it and people cried SO HARD and the truth is it did not imballance pvp, only maybe made a nt powerful in a one on one situation, (which this post proved doesnt exist and no one wants) I FEAR the same fate may be in store for root.

Well now that you can't break roots, and soldiers never could with mk up, I think the duration should be shortened to a great extent. Down to maybe 30 seconds, that way you can still chain cast it. And at the first shot / nuke it should break. That's not a nerf imho that's called balancing. I'm not thinking just about pvp now, I also aim at balacing pvm out some (which must be done for higher levels).

this game is getting to the point where it has nothng to do with skill or stragety in the game or your level, it has gotten to the point where the group of people who are most effective calling for nerfs wins. what the hell kinda crap is that? How can a mmorpg survive this? i have never seen anything like this in all my years of online gamming starting with C&C on KALI

Well I can't exactly say that you're getting the boot on nerfs now, since roots will be unbreakable from debuffs. Prolly introduce a bug on the way to which makes you able to root, nuke and be safe.

1... If you ask me, we should be allowed to get our mains into the test server and do some serious testing with the equipment we already have.

2... I can agree with stopping the nerfs, but there's 2 sides of an issue, first thing is that nerfing may actually balance out a class in both pvp and pvm. But people write these things on these boards for their own good and not for the good of the game. Its not strategy when the first one to hit the debuff button wins. But you can still use strategy in game, especially in pvp.

3... I hope you seriously don't think that funcom won't fix what is currently broken ? These things take time and patience is the only keyword. I suggest you download the source to AOMD and take a look at the files (all text files) and read all that is in them. Even for that small brilliant program, it has a lot of lines in code, and also a lot of files. Same does AO, but in a much much bigger scale. So debugging takes time, if they knew magic they would probably use it to debug it for them, but I'm pretty sure they don't so lets just be patient for now. (Take windows as an do you demand that microsoft fix all those tiny bugs that takes the a lot of time to find ? I bet you don't.)

Well new fresh meat, what we 'oldies' can do is to help them along the right path.
    Last edited by Sjoko; Feb 20th, 2002 at 20:03:08.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

ok

i will explain it again in another way

what good is chain stuning when in a fight with multiple peoples?

its not a good tactic, and since 1 on 1 is not the majority of pvp it does not imballance pvp

i said it was uber in 1 on 1 situations only, however solders sheild is uber in 1 on 1 and multiple pes battles

ok

i will explain it again in another way

what good is chain stuning when in a fight with multiple peoples?

its not a good tactic, and since 1 on 1 is not the majority of pvp it does not imballance pvp

i said it was uber in 1 on 1 situations only, however solders sheild is uber in 1 on 1 and multiple pes battles
    It was uber in 1 on 1. Good thing you admitted it yourself. Mk isn't good for anything but taking damage, I still can't attack and hit more than 1 person at the time. Nts on the other hand _can_ and that might be one reason?

If you have a problem with fair fights, go to the arena, need I say more ? I'm not for honest fights, I like to sneak up and knock on your shoulders saying a big boo and blam.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

yes i admit it was uber i alo say so is sheild and doc heals, who cares if you can only target one person at a time when u have 400% more hp with a shield up, you could fight 3 peeps and still be ahead of the game as if you were fighting one.

now why dont u admit that sheild is uber and as uber IF NOT MORE then stun was

yes i admit it was uber i alo say so is sheild and doc heals, who cares if you can only target one person at a time when u have 400% more hp with a shield up, you could fight 3 peeps and still be ahead of the game as if you were fighting one.

now why dont u admit that sheild is uber and as uber IF NOT MORE then stun was
    Why dont you quit *****in instead of being a hypocrite in your own thread?

Originally posted by Turbulence

Why dont you quit *****in instead of being a hypocrite in your own thread?

?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast