Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fixers

i want (read: demand) answers on this:

1) Will there be introduced options to dual SMG's, so a person who spent lotsa expensive IP on the gammas, might also take advantage of this at later levels? (I urge you not to come with that "you just have to wait and see" as im tired of surprises, i wanna know NOW, so i can base myself on going regular chemical mausser, or stick to the gammas till new are introduced)

2) HOW are you gonna balance or improve the use of Grid armor, as it takes a huge drop of IP into nanoskills, but it becomes useless to use the same grid armor for several/later levels, and you WILL need an upgraded version to continue using that Grale, which GA is. It doesn make sense to introduce an rather expensive feature to fixers, but a player cannot depend on it for continual use....
    Second part of this is protecion against nanos.. The description of the GA is briefly "leaves a shell of the fixer behind while in the grid..", so i wanna hear an logical reason why it provides no protection against nano(which then should actually strike the shell OR the fixer WHILE IN GRID, right?)

3) Fixers are yerk of all and masters of none, in my opinion, as we have NO area (in combat/fighting/team), where we are The Masters, unique and/or special. We have no key features which we and only we can provide, like MA's SG, doctors health buffs, soldiers riot control, MP's masteries, enforcers essence-buffs etc...

4) An approximate ETA on the black market: Yes please.

5) I know there are easy ways to actually make the fixers a black market fast, as you can introduce an own chat channel for them.. This could be done as a step forward to the entire black market.. WHY can't you aid us with this?
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Originally posted by Cosmik

Well, basically, whether any of the Fixer improvements coming up do improve group desirability is probably best left to you, the players, to decide. Personally, I would think Fixers getting new and better SMGs, as well as the Area Burst would already help Fixer group desirability to an extent (damage is always good in a group, no?). The as-yet unpublic improvements coming up should also help group desirability - but that ultimately comes down to what the group is looking for. Group wants can change from day to day.

So, from my standpoint, these improvements will help group desirability. Fixers are always welcome in my group. But let's also hear from you about these changes once you get a hand on them to determine their desirability. I'd be really interested in hearing that - the designers too.
    Hi again Cosmik,

your right, new and improved SMGs are always a good thing, more variation, dual wield ability, damage types etc they would all be good introductions and the weapons side of things is heading in the right direction as far as I can see.

I personaly dont see a reason why area effect burst would make us more desirable in teams, unless you hunt in a very different way to me. my teams tend to attempt to pull one mob without getting adds... maybe it will be useful for the first room in missions though when the initial pull goes wrong.
    I am sure we will find a use for it anyway.

but, I dont only want to bring my SMG along as my only team benifit, the article states that we arent meant to be damage dealers because we would get aggro and we are not tanks. so we're not meant to be soldiers or enforcers.. and i dont think many of us want to be.. or we would have chosen to play those professions.
    that not saying being able to deal damage is a bad thing or not desirable for many of us... but it is not what I chose to play a fixer for

group desires dont really change much over time, if a profession has a role and the group know what that role is then they want you in the team to do that role.

The main problem with fixers group desirability is... 'what do we do?' we have things that it is possible for us to do... but we dont have a role as such. the reason why the enforcer profession is so happy is because they have a role and they can do it well. no one expects much more of them than being able to take damage and handle aggro

fixers need definition so someone can say we need someone who can (x) in a group, lets get a fixer, they are the best at that

I think the only reason I get into a group at the moment is because I make good friends and dont shout at people when they mess up and the pull goes wrong... in other words I die quietly

the undocumented feature as such is meant to give us this definition as a profession so, as I mentioned, it would be great to hear from funcom on which direction they envision the fixer taking in the future.
    you dont have to tell us what the additons are going to be, but help us define our roles a little bit.
    at the moment we all have this cool idea of what the fixer should be and should be able to do.. but without the tools to carry that out, such as the black market, or being able to access the grid and use it better than other proffesions (yes, I still cant even grid phreak because of nano ip costs).

appologies if the post is a bit disjointed, I am writing it whilst working.

the additions, fixer shop... great! as long as it is not the black market and that is to come later
    area burst.... I'm sure you'll hear alot about how useful/useless it is when it goes live

anyway, where was I?
    oh yes... the end.. press submit reply

Cool Hmmmmm

Hmmmmm. I must say, this sounds interresting...

I have personally quit AO 3 weeks ago (Cacelled my account) because i reached 101 on my Fixer, still havent found Grid Armor, looked 2 weeks for a new mausser (Noone selling because everyone needed their lower level maussers for MCS), had serious money problems, and since we are useless in groups i sometimes spend up to 2 hours writing /s 101 Fixer lfg, with no luck.

Im not whining, this is the sad reality... (Plz no replys from fixers thinking we have no problems) I know some Fixers have gotten lucky and have found GA or have alternates for credits,
    but i dont... I have always been Fixer and have no intention of changing proff. If you get ALL the SuperDuper things Fixers are good solo... still sux group, but good solo. And the class as Fixer shouldnt be impossible/extreamely hard for non-experts to play.

So i cancelled my account cause the game just brought more frustrations than joy... Basically i did not have fun playing... And since FC didnt seem to want to give Fixers love (Read an article stating that MA's would come first, then agents) I just felt cheated.....

BUT......

Now im considering to return to AO... ill wait to check the boards after 13.8 goes live.... If its just another impossible-to-get-GA-like-thing or similar i see no reason to return... but I doubt that. It actually looks like Fixers will become a viable class..

But please FC... KEEP UP THE FLOW OF INFORMATION COMMING ! All theese "secret surprises" arent worth it.... ppl want hard facts... especially since i know of several ppl who feels FC are giving them the finger... and i know you dont... im sure you are busy working on ALL the classes... but PLZ let ppl know.... And avoid people quitting the game like i did.. i will personally return, but only because i still read the boards.. Few people do that after quitting.

But THX for the love and information*hugs*

Molutus

*Edited because i cannot spell *
    Last edited by Molutus; Feb 21st, 2002 at 16:56:12.

Re: as it was said before

Originally posted by Luthcian
    ... Can we please have Feedback on the "Minor Suppressor" Issue as well? Alot of other professions that are not "Expert in <insert weapon type here>" get Mastery buffs; Traders for instance and their notorious Shotgun buffs...
    ill state right up front that i -fully- support fixers having whatever sort of Transcendent Suppressor buff ur suggesting ( provided it doesnt make riot control as useless as rifle mastery for soldiers ), but please try to be factual when making comparisons to other classes - there is no such thing as a 'shotgun buff' beyond the general ones -- not on the trader, not on any profession. the trader's ability to steal skills via divest/plunder obviates the need for any such trader buff.

edit:

i think fc has some issues with the dilution of profession-defining abilities in general, and although i think its great that they finally acknowledge a lot of fixers r indeed struggling, i am concerned about what they will do to 'redefine' the class as it were.

i strongly disagree with passing around nano abilities so that each profession 'gets some' -- the charm line on traders makes no sense ( course its useless anyway.. ) and is a slap to the crats. similarly, giving docs and traders team grid transport nanos really dilutes the fixer's uniqueness. granted, if all three r in the same party, the fixer transports will be used every time, but still it represents a lack of thought in nano design -- if it was really important to the nano palate of the doc and trader to have grid transport capability, they might have been given just the ridiculously long and expensive personal transport nanos leaving at least the team functionality to the fixers. while of course it would be 'nerfing' to take nanos away once they've been passed out, i think either additional grid abilities should go to the fixers or they should look at whether traders/docs really need team versions.

although i think such things as the mcs r great specifically because they require b&e, limiting somewhat the domination of their construction by engis and traders, im concerned that fc may try to push fixers into a more tradeskill oriented role.. which doesnt really help to define the fixer and puts them in competition with two other professions ( one of which has very good tradeskill buffs ). while granting fixers a better palate of tradeskills certainly doesnt hurt ( although its not as though there r lots of ips to go around what with the nano skills ), i hope its not the sole 'redefinition' of the class.

making snares more effective is so ridiculously long overdue, especially because it represents the increased viability of an additional tactic. nothing but praise for that.. but most importantly id really like to see something new added to the fixers abilities, rather than just someone else's thing with a different name on it - theres been enough of that already and i think the fixer's abilities have been given away to the point that they really could use something we havent seen before and that makes sense for their profession.. and please note, fc, that 'Summon Random Useless Thing MKV' is not gonna cut it.
    Last edited by Alaysia; Feb 21st, 2002 at 20:13:02.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Well, basically, whether any of the Fixer improvements coming up do improve group desirability is probably best left to you, the players, to decide. Personally, I would think Fixers getting new and better SMGs, as well as the Area Burst would already help Fixer group desirability to an extent (damage is always good in a group, no?). The as-yet unpublic improvements coming up should also help group desirability - but that ultimately comes down to what the group is looking for. Group wants can change from day to day.

So, from my standpoint, these improvements will help group desirability. Fixers are always welcome in my group. But let's also hear from you about these changes once you get a hand on them to determine their desirability. I'd be really interested in hearing that - the designers too.
    Well, Well Cosmik. I give you a $1.95 for your answer to the million dollar question. We asked you what was the Fixers's role in a group. It is our #1 complaint and you say nothing. We know nothing more after reading your post than we did before reading it.

What is the deal with you Funcom? You are the designers. You should know how each profession would add to the total picture.

Here is a little inside info. We didn’t think that you could answer the question. We already know that Fixers don’t have any group desirability when compared to other professions. Sure extra damage is good. But even more extra damage is better. That is why a Soldier will get picked over a Fixer. Our roots are ok but Calms/Mezzes are better which is why Trader/NT/Bureaucrats will get picked over Fixers.

Cosmik, thanks for the show of support that Fixers are always welcome in your group, but to me that sounds like pity. Fixers will get picked only to fill a spot when no one else is around.

Would you pick a Fixer over the healing abilities of a Doctor?
    Would you pick a Fixer over getting a nice tanking pet from an Engineer?
    Would you pick a Fixer over all of the pets of an MP?
    Would you pick a Fixer over the extra firepower of a Soldier?
    Would you pick a fixer over the tanking abilities of an Enforcer?
    Would you pick a Fixer over the nukes and Calms of an NT?
    Would you pick a Fixer over the healing and damage of a Trader (btw how can you justify a Trader out damaging us)
    Would you pick a Fixer over the Crit Buffs and healing of an MA? (Yes they suck with the min damage, but we suck more)
    Would you pick a Fixer over the extra healing of an Adventurer?
    Would you pick a Fixer over the experience bonus, crowd control abilities and pet of a Bureaucrat?
    Would you pick a Fixer over the Aimed shot damage and other profession buffs of an Agent?

You wanted to know what we thought of our group desirability. Well my answer is no to all of the above questions. That answer is backed up by the many, many hours I have spent trying to get into groups.

Our run buff is the only thing we can add to a group. Many times I can’t even cast it on others because they don’t have enough NCU space and the run buff isn’t valued enough to make room. I also can’t cast run buffs because it doesn’t stack with other evade buffs. Finally, run buffs are basically useless in missions.

Our big advantage is our speed, but you slap a run buff on a profession with green run skill and they can run just as fast as a Fixer can. Tell me what buff I can get to heal as good as a Doctor or have as many hitpoints as an Enforcer, or do as much damage as a soldier. So when we finally get into a group, the odds are that if someone wanted to, they could get a run buff and be just about as good of a Fixer as the Fixer himself.

Once you add all that up you come to the conclusion that Fixers are fillers in groups and your post only strengthens that opinion. Now Cosmik, go back to the designers and have them create a role for Fixers in groups, then come back here and tell us about it.
    Last edited by Crin; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 07:04:46.

easy efective fix for the fixer

for starters i must say that alot of the unbalance in the game is do to crit buffs its makes no sense for other profesions to be able to understand a line of nanos that has alot to do with ancient wisdom intense training and knowledge plus this would add more efectiveness in balance terms compared to other profesions with this said

1) make the damage add line of nanos a % instead of a flat bonus this would fill the gap to a smaller extent if crit buffs were self only

2) lower nano skill requirments by 25% this would avoid the dreaded color change of skills but still alow fixers to acces nanos they should be at there lvl

3) add a major supresor line alowing us to equip and maintain better weapons once the much needed overequiping fixes go in to efect

4) keep going with the blackmarket stuff im loving it !!!

i think all these changes are in line with the invisioned fixer thx for a chance to put in my two cents cozmik

So I head out to Broken Shores to do some missions last night.

Twice I heard someone shouting for more to join their group. Twice I sent a tell offering up my services as a Fixer. Twice they changed their shouts to ask for specific professions to join. Guess what? Fixer wasn’t one of them.

I wish I could say last night was the first time that happened. Just like I wish that Funcom would fix the Fixer, neither one will happen.

Btw, The first reports of the AOE burst are coming in. It sucks.

Cosmik, comment,...Cosmik?

Slightly modified from a Post on the Fixer board.

by Trond Ivar Hansen (aka Jim Salabim)
    Please note that the Soldier should, and will still deal superior damage with ranged weapons.
    Yes I can agree with you on this one. The problem is that reality is getting in the way. If there were a way for Fixers to be Fixers and earn experience or help a group as well as other professions, it would be the best solutions. For a while I was advocating that that was exactly what Funcom should do. The thing that changed my mind was that Funcom has given up on a non-combat means for gaining experience. That means that there are no non-combat classes.

People like to use the analogy of a secretary’s fighting skill compared to a Navy Seal’s. They do that to point out that support classes shouldn’t fight as well as the combat class. The point that they are missing is that in the AO world, the secretary would have to be able to storm a beach and take out an enemy camp to get a raise.

Since everyone must kill to gain experience, the argument shifts to how does each class defeat an opponent not if. Fixers have no knockout punch. If you look at the highest nanos for a Fixer, is there anything there that really makes you drool. When you look at the damage that we can do with our weapon, is it awe inspiring? Other classes have that ability. Which is what makes them unique and fun to play. Our poor combat abilities are not made up for by any other ability.

In the end AO is not the diverse game that Funcom wanted to be. They have admitted that. Now is the time to balance the professions within the new realistic scope of what really matters for character advancement. To advance in AO you have to win fights and Funcom has stated the criteria for doing that.

In general terms, there are three ways to survive a battle in AO: You may have a good amount of hit points and AC, you may have good firepower (either with weapons, nano programs, pets or charmed pets) or you may have good healing powers.
    Every class should be balanced against this. Good in some areas. Weak in others. Fixers are weak in all areas, so something needs to be boosted.

*Edit* Enforcers are good in all three areas. Fixers are good in none. How is that balance?
    Last edited by Crin; Feb 23rd, 2002 at 22:49:32.

Re: Slightly modified from a Post on the Fixer board.

Originally posted by Crin
    Every class should be balanced against this. Good in some areas. Weak in others. Fixers are weak in all areas, so something needs to be boosted.
    I'd believe our solution should be different from the take hits/have strong pets/have good heal - paths, as ive suggested in some post: We should be totally different from all these, and introduced a strong new feature: NOT taking damage/avoiding damage. Id give a **** bout hitpoints or weak healing, if we had very strong evades, like what Grid armor provides. Problem is, grid armor is not a good thing, since its rare and it lacks some features. We should be introduced avoidance nanos, not only avoiding physical damage, but also nano-resistance buffs. These should be so strong and useful, both for self-use and team-versions, balanced towards our HoT. If these buffs would provide a good lot of evades, but still took some NCU, teams would desire us and would happily discard some other buffs to instead have our buffs.
    Now, a small problem is, MA's got good evade buffs, but i think we should have even better than theirs. We NEED a strong feature, better than any other profession got. PERIOD.

Teknolord,

I consider your solution to be under the AC part of the statement. I read their statements a little more generally.

I think of the three as:
    • Inflict damage (Damage, Damage buffs, Crit buffs)
      Reducing you opponents hit points
    • Take damage (AC, hitpoints, Evades, Debuffs, Roots, Snares, Mezzes)
      This is a catchall. It deals with how bad the potential damage of the enemy hurts you.

I like you suggestion about giving Fixers better evade buffs. The only ones we have are small and reduce our own damage.
    • Repair damage (Healing, HoTs)
      Undoing the damage after it has been done.

This is an area where Fixers could get extra abilities. Since we are good at hacking I would say that we should be good at removing hostile programs. Sort of like healing for the NCU. Give us resistance buffs and a way to cancel harmful programs, both single and team versions.
    Last edited by Crin; Feb 24th, 2002 at 00:16:51.

Talking Fixer Love

Well I havent posted hardley at all in this forum or any forum, however I see a trend thru many forums about their verious classes and I have a few thigns to say....

Fixers are not tanks. We are not designes to be tanks. We sneak about and we have grid nanos. I have recently gained a grid nanot to put me in the grid and I pretty much think its awesome. I have never had a problem sosling myself (its been tough but I am a Tactics man myself) I have dies many times..and I think its all a challenge. Keep in mind folks...this is a game that encourages group behavior..and I group periodically with a freind of mine...whos a Doc. Between the 2 of us we can stomp some serious butt. He heals me I tank. I have nanos that help him out..he helps me out. In laeger gorups I shine even more casue I can speed everyon up. I am not a 150+ fixer (im actually a 46) but so far I havnt seen any issues withthe class (beyond the harsh reirements for nanos but I have leanred to live with it myself. Its a game and games are ment o be challenging. I have played this guy for 3 months now..and have only made 46 lvl. I am happy with this..becasue it gives me a challenge and gives me long playability (I have many more months of levleling before I hit my max)

Basically, there is nothign wrong with this class that isnt wrong with others. I see everyone complaining about our combat capabilites. Frankly I have had no probelm with combat with my fixer and enjoy playing him. Also one other point.....

This is a roleplaying game. Not Doom or Quake or Unreal. Its more than a 3d shooter. We talk we communicate...we ROLEPLAY. I have more fun engaging in conversation and making contacts than actually killing things (wish I coudl get xp for that Becasue of this..I have contacts everywhere...including Omni (im clan) and I do a fair job making money selling equipment and weapons to everybody. I have FUN becasue I roleplay my character...not becasue I have the biggest gun....or the Kewlest Plane. Who cares?? Not me. Im not PLaying Quake. Im PLayine ANARCHY ONLINE! and Im loving it. Look beyond the "Death and Destruction" viewpoint in the game my freinds and "try" to actually get into your character......

(The Worst thing I have ever seen is a player running around shouting "I WILL WASTE UR N00BY AZZ!!!!".....ugh....)

holy cow

i didnt know zuh had a brother!

what happened to him? anyone know? tek, did you go round and fill him full of lead??? naughty teknolord!
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

it must be zuh, or his brother

but if i leaded zuh? no. maybe he ran into a mob?

Re: Fixer Love

I shouldn’t do this cause you sound like a nice guy, but I’m not in a good mood right now about my Fixer.

Originally posted by Metalynx
    Fixers are not tanks. We are not designes to be tanks. We sneak about and we have grid nanos.
    I hate to break this to ya son, but we aren’t very good at sneaking. I know I don’t even touch my Conceal skill and I think pretty much every other Fixer does the same. We have grid nanos. Yes thanks for telling me that. Just about every other class has grid nanos. The Engineer has the best transportation nano. The Yalmaha beats our run speed and a Trader with their Computer Lit buffs can use the Grid better than we can.

I group periodically with a freind of mine...whos a Doc. Between the 2 of us we can stomp some serious butt. He heals me I tank.
    I thought you said we shouldn’t tank.

In laeger gorups I shine even more casue I can speed everyon up.
    You know I can’t give my run buff away. Soldiers don’t want it because they need the NCU space for their shields. It doesn’t stack with the Evade buffs of the NT and MA. I am not kidding when I say that for the last two days that I have been grouping, I have not run buffed anyone except myself. Even then it was only part of the time.

I am not a 150+ fixer (im actually a 46) but so far I havnt seen any issues withthe class (beyond the harsh reirements for nanos but I have leanred to live with it myself.
    I was waiting for that. Fixers don’t have problems at lower level. Get to about 60 or 70 then we can talk.

Its a game and games are ment o be challenging. I have played this guy for 3 months now..and have only made 46 lvl. I am happy with this..becasue it gives me a challenge and gives me long playability (I have many more months of levleling before I hit my max)
    Perhaps I could come over to your house and disable a couple of keys on your keyboard. That would make the game even more challenging and you could enjoy it even more. How about the strafe left and backward keys? Yes it will take you a nice long time to finish the game then.

Basically, there is nothign wrong with this class that isnt wrong with others. I see everyone complaining about our combat capabilites. Frankly I have had no probelm with combat with my fixer and enjoy playing him.
    I had a ton of fun playing my Fixer up to level 60. After that… The horror. Oh the horror.

This is a roleplaying game. Not Doom or Quake or Unreal. Its more than a 3d shooter. We talk we communicate...we ROLEPLAY. I have more fun engaging in conversation and making contacts than actually killing things (wish I coudl get xp for that
    Seems to me that you are not playing the same game we are. You seem to be stuck in an advanced online chat of some kind

Ok sorry about that. No hard feelings I hope. Like I said I just got done playing my Fixer. I had gotten my very first MCS from Teknolord (thanks btw) and was eager to try it out. I thought I had the chat log on, but I didn’t. I wish I could post my numbers. They went something like

Player A hits for 125 point of projectile damage.
    Player B hits for 323 points of “uber” damage
    Player C hits for 298 point of “I’m ok” damage
    You hit for 6 points of “man you suck” damage
    Plater D hits for 600 points of “what the F is up with that Fixer” damage

Now I think I should point out that I had to wrangle to get in that gun. Not by much, but I was overequipped. I also was the lowest member of the team, but not by that much. Like I said I wish I had the logs cause it was sad. In all fairness I think it was one of those buged mobs, but I don't know why I was the only one with truely horrible damage.

As far as the MCS goes, I think Teknolord is right. It is not any better that an MPS of equal requirements, only different.

Oh well I feel better now. Maybe if I get depressed tomorrow you can post about how AOE burst is going to rule. That would cheer me up in no time.

Thanks for reading, I know I rambled a bit.
    Last edited by Crin; Feb 24th, 2002 at 10:28:47.

Re: holy cow

Originally posted by ReelBigFish

what happened to him? anyone know? tek, did you go round and fill him full of lead??? naughty teknolord!
    It is pretty obvious what happened to Zuh. He finally leveled to the point where Fixers suck. He couldn't handle it and literally blew his top off. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
    I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Teknolord
    hi Zuh!

Hi again all.

ReelBigFish

Nope. I got only a sister : ) . I am fine and Tek did not "full me of lead".

Teknolord
    but if i leaded zuh? no. maybe he ran into a mob?

The mobs I ran into I killed them.

Crin
    It is pretty obvious what happened to Zuh. He finally leveled to the point where Fixers suck. He couldn't handle it and literally blew his top off. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

I have not leveled to the point Fixers suck (I am around the level 50 can't remember exactly) and I enjoy my char. What did you told me so ?

So. Did I miss you all ? I was in vacation these last days, in mountain. Good snow and weather, it was cool. I had a PC for work but honestly I have barely open it cos we were too stone in the evening ; ). So I came back yesterday and began to read the board to see if there were some new interesting posts. Our Fixer forum is better than when I leave and I saw better communication from FC, that's cool. But I had only a few time and so I have not read by far all the boards.

I can't go away for some days without finding sarcasm about me when I return it seems .

What the fu¤k have I in common with this guy "M3t4lyx00r" ??? Even in my begining I wasn't like that (or I hope so) and never intended to be. So let's stop this reputation I have please. Thanx to have reply to Metalynx Crin but you should have been nicer with him, because obviously he don't know very well what he is talking about : ).

I was just away for some time and I won't return before next week end because of my work (I am somehow a bit late). My fixer is still good at 50 (I just have check my level ; ) ) and sadly I don't level very fast these days, just because I don't have time to play... I hope this will change next month. And I feel Crin is wrong about me.

(back on topic)

I like this article and "good intention" about our class : ). If everyting is alright, our class will be well define in AO world, that's good.

What need to be change for or class to be valuable ? Apart from what have been said in this article because it is good and I don't need to repeat it. I think what we need are better nanos, in the meaning improvement of the existing one.

Better HoT. Actually they are crappy compare to their nano cost, duration, skill cost or whatever you want. HoT should heal more, or add AC, or something like that.

Better damage buffs. Actually we have the best damage buffs of all classes, appart from the MA short duration buffs. But these are not awesome at all ! If we had really good damage buffs, we would deal good indirect damage in team by buffing ourself and others memebers. We would not deal more damage than a Soldier don't you agree ? But still we would add just in team good damage and even more if there is a Soldier around. Having better damage buffs is logical and would be wanted, if only they have a real value.

(The most important ->)
    Better snares and AoE snares. Roots are OK for me as they are now, and you are working on it for all root-casting classes. But Fixer snares should also debuff all the 3 initiatives. So the mobs would be really "slow down". That would be more logical and wanted in team. We could also use them in PvP to be able to compet with ranged class like Soldier. So I don't see a problem here.

Better skills buffs & debuffs. We have one nano to boost conceal, one to lower evades, one to add to smg / burst and so on. We need to have small lines of nanos to be able to use these nanos effectively, because right now we can't use the ability they give to us before a certain level and after some times this ability is lost cos we can't upgrade our nano. What if Enforcer had a single rage nano ??

Better nanos seems to me the most important to define better our class and make it wanted. Our snare look like weaker version of 'Crats AoE root, our damage buff has nothing extraordinary, our skills buffs & debuffs are very weak compare to other class buffs & debuffs, our HoTs look like an weaker version of Doc HoT. We need to have unique nanos and not modifications (in the weak way) of others classes nanos.

There are also some more issues about our class but our nanos need to be look after, mainly cos the skills requierement are so high that it makes cry easily players when they see the results .

And by the way, you need to adjust the ql of a nano compare to the requierement. Grid phreak is too high for a ql20 and to many players complain that all our nanos cost are insane because of some nanos like GP.

Hope you will find a way to render every Fixer player happy . Good luck because it is hard.

Arrow

On a side note.

An idea fall into my mind. Why not add a bonus to AGGModifier on our damage buffs like grid armor does to DMSModifier ? That would be unique and very representative of our class. And wanted.

Hey we are the master of speed .

Our last damage augmentation nano would looks like:
    +50 to all damage
    +1200 to AGGModifier

wb zuh

im glad you had a nice holiday.

you were a little like that in the beginning, but i get a feeling that you are starting to change a little...

good ideas, plonk them in the fixer forum and see what everyone makes of them...

btw, 1200 AMS is insane, 300 would be insane too i think challenger adds 50ish at lvl 80, and thats limited duration i think... i dunno, my highest enforcer is lvl 20
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

good ideas, plonk them in the fixer forum and see what everyone makes of them...

Hey I am fed up with the constant sarcasm of our forum so why post them here ?

OK a bad joke...

btw, 1200 AMS is insane, 300 would be insane too i think challenger adds 50ish at lvl 80, and thats limited duration i think... i dunno, my highest enforcer is lvl 20

Yea 1200 is completly nuts but that was an exemple . However 300 should be OK for a high end nano. MAs can add more than 20% crits at high end you know.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast